Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I know a lot of people think David Hogg is an annoying dweeb (because he was almost murdered at school and decided to become a gun control activist, I don’t get how anyone could be upset about that, TBH, but people are morons) but he gave an interview recently that was like “ever since starting my work, the one thing that remained the same in any state I worked in is that the the left are basically disparate herds of cats who refuse to cooperate with each other, whereas the GOP are organized like SEAL Team 6 and are always collaborating and working together and sharing between themselves.” and it makes me wonder to what degree the issue is individual egos ruining leftist projects, some level of sabotage, or something else. Why don’t we want to work together?

A huge part of what troubles left orgs is that left organizers are driven by questions of moral weight and justice. A bad outcome or even a shift of emphasis can equate, for a lot of people, to real injustice being done. (A nice point of comparison is to think about how minor breaks in theology have resulted, at various points in history, in mass bloodletting.) When you come from an epistemological place in which there's only one right answer and you have it, it's easy to fall into infighting with people who share your vocabulary and theoretically could be convinced that you're right rather than focus on your real enemies.

Contrast this to the right, which is animated by a desire to seize and execute power over people the right deems its enemies and inferiors. That is a way more efficacious way to coordinate people. It draws a much wider, cleaner circle between in-group and out-group and then gets to dominating that out-group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

This episode was the closest I feel like the boys have ever come to saying “it’s time to take up arms, arise, and just wile out” and honestly I hope they DO become more extreme as time goes on! Our current situation demands more aggressive messages to the people, we gotta rise up.

I know a lot of people think David Hogg is an annoying dweeb (because he was almost murdered at school and decided to become a gun control activist, I don’t get how anyone could be upset about that, TBH, but people are morons) but he gave an interview recently that was like “ever since starting my work, the one thing that remained the same in any state I worked in is that the the left are basically disparate herds of cats who refuse to cooperate with each other, whereas the GOP are organized like SEAL Team 6 and are always collaborating and working together and sharing between themselves.” and it makes me wonder to what degree the issue is individual egos ruining leftist projects, some level of sabotage, or something else. Why don’t we want to work together?

cop

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

HaitianDivorce posted:

A huge part of what troubles left orgs is that left organizers are driven by questions of moral weight and justice. A bad outcome or even a shift of emphasis can equate, for a lot of people, to real injustice being done. (A nice point of comparison is to think about how minor breaks in theology have resulted, at various points in history, in mass bloodletting.) When you come from an epistemological place in which there's only one right answer and you have it, it's easy to fall into infighting with people who share your vocabulary and theoretically could be convinced that you're right rather than focus on your real enemies.

Contrast this to the right, which is animated by a desire to seize and execute power over people the right deems its enemies and inferiors. That is a way more efficacious way to coordinate people. It draws a much wider, cleaner circle between in-group and out-group and then gets to dominating that out-group.

nawww

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

This episode was the closest I feel like the boys have ever come to saying “it’s time to take up arms, arise, and just wile out” and honestly I hope they DO become more extreme as time goes on! Our current situation demands more aggressive messages to the people, we gotta rise up.

fed fed fed

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yes but most people are dumb as poo poo and he is at least trying to improve things

You're somehow a bigger moron than Bust Rodd.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Phone posting so I can't get into it at length, but the Right naturally has money and power and social approval on its side, so there's already an establishment for you to slot into. You don't have to organize poo poo, you don't even have to think of yourself as a political actor, you just go to your desk job bringing the extinction of the human species closer and closer

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
The right, broadly speaking, has a way more concise and easy to achieve goal than the left: “more money and power for us, gently caress you”. The ‘us’ varies from age to age, and the methods to get power also vary but that’s what makes it resilient. On the other hand, the left’s underlying goal: “the emancipation of all mankind from exploitation and want, and harmony between all lives on the planet” is quite a bit harder to grasp, and as broad as their goal is, their allowed methods to achieve this goal are far more proscribed than the right’s.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're somehow a bigger moron than Bust Rodd.

As are the people who think I’m a cop or a fed

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
That scene from Reservoir Dogs where Mr. Orange is trying to memorize the bathroom story so no one will suspect hes a cop only its Bust reciting the worst story you've ever heard about loving a girl wearing cat ears behind a portapotty and getting heat stroke

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

That scene from Reservoir Dogs where Mr. Orange is trying to memorize the bathroom story so no one will suspect hes a cop only its Bust reciting the worst story you've ever heard about loving a girl wearing cat ears behind a portapotty and getting heat stroke

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The republicans are the minority party in a political system that favours the minority party. I don’t see it as that complicated.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Also the right infights all the time, just as much as the left and even the center. Infighting is everywhere, it's a natural part of the human experience.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's always weird to hear them transition from pseudo-PSA horserace talk, promoting the governor of Illinois as the next president, and then going straight into the uselessness and nihilism of the democrats (which is true) and the need for revolution.

Matt's solution is to "talk to people" but how is that different than what the DSA already is?

he said "talk to people" not "try to expand your polycule"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1540371104812118016?s=21&t=hNz7W_c-qwu6n32XTsEG7w

Yeah I mean I don’t even think he’s wrong (about Putin needing us distracted, not that he had any influence over the SC), I just think people under 35 have a really jacked up and mythologized idea about what kind of influence Russia has on US politics, which is why every dog-brained lib gravitated towards the Russian Facebook interference narrative.

But that’s irrelevant to his point about libs being disorganized children and the GOP being extremely organized Man-Children

you, much like david hogg, are stupid as poo poo

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Wolfsheim posted:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
David Hoggs dad is cia

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Sorry guys, but I'm bustin' with Rodd on this one. I don't really give a poo poo if people like David Hogg and Greta Thunberg repeat lame liberal talking points. Like, what are your expectations for these people in the first place? You sound like 90s teens talking about how you wanna kill Barney the Purple Dinosaur for being so annoying.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Sorry guys, but I'm bustin' with Rodd on this one. I don't really give a poo poo if people like David Hogg and Greta Thunberg repeat lame liberal talking points. Like, what are your expectations for these people in the first place? You sound like 90s teens talking about how you wanna kill Barney the Purple Dinosaur for being so annoying.

Why should we give a poo poo what they say about anything?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

If their solution boils down to elections/voting they are not worth seriously engaging with and can be safely ignored.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hey guys these children are going on cnn to repeat the lib talking points we should respect them and also listen to them.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The_Rob posted:

David Hoggs dad is cia

Be cooler if he was Ciara

https://youtu.be/Hr4wz4-27PY

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The_Rob posted:

Hey guys these children are going on cnn to repeat the lib talking points we should respect them and also listen to them.

So you like school shootings and global warming?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bust Rodd posted:

So you like school shootings and global warming?

Yeah man I love them.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

let’s all just repeat the lame liberal talking points and support those that do, maybe that’s how we start getting some traction and making changes

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

holefoods posted:

let’s all just repeat the lame liberal talking points and support those that do, maybe that’s how we start getting some traction and making changes

Personally I think we should vote blue no matter who.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

if we vote hard enough maybe we can change the constitution and have a thunberg/hogg ticket

selec
Sep 6, 2003

holefoods posted:

if we vote hard enough maybe we can change the constitution and have a thunberg/hogg ticket

THUNHOG 4 WARLORDS

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Still my favorite Hogg tweets

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1513697001002704903?s=21&t=v5VMT3A6OqIVScjEtarYsw

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Halloween Jack posted:

A weird adult brings up Barney being integral to world affairs, and another adult speaks up when people don't want to gently caress Barney, but instead kill him. Wtc

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s completely free to listen to someone say that climate change and gun violence are bad and we should do something about them. I have no idea why you’d be upset or offended by this, especially when it’s not like there are any adults talking about it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It was funny when certain conservatives kept tweeting about how they wanted to give Hogg a spanking.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s completely free to listen to someone say that climate change and gun violence are bad and we should do something about them. I have no idea why you’d be upset or offended by this, especially when it’s not like there are any adults talking about it

people were pointing out that he had a ridiculous EYE ON THE PRIZE: ROE V WADE IS A DISTRACTION!!! PUTIN!!!!! tweet

also all of the gun legislation, THE HISTORIC BI-PARTISAN BILL, was made null and void by the supreme court like 7 hours later

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

it’s good and free to listen to libs telling you that bodily autonomy is a distraction from putin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
you can just not care what david hogg thinks, nobody does, he couldn't even get in on the blue maga grift by doing Anti My Pillows

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

post (David) hogg

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was funny when certain conservatives kept tweeting about how they wanted to give Hogg a spanking.

And Weird grifter nega-Hogg

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cael posted:

post (David) hogg

ergo propter hogg

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Or they used that filter to make someone look like the opposite gender on him and got all horny for ‘her’

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Bust Rogg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Yeah yeah but Mr. Rodd? That's a little too close to Mr. Dick.