Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Think about it! Thanos had the strength to punch out Hulk, someone whose strength is technically limitless. rear end cheeks are the biggest muscles in the human body! That means Thanos' rear end clapping can set off the San Andreas Fault! Thanos twerking is a WMD! Goddammit, you gotta think it through!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Shageletic posted:

Think about it! Thanos had the strength to punch out Hulk, someone whose strength is technically limitless. rear end cheeks are the biggest muscles in the human body! That means Thanos' rear end clapping can set off the San Andreas Fault! Thanos twerking is a WMD! Goddammit, you gotta think it through!

Hey man, preachin to the choir over here.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

"HOOHoohoo, so uh Robin I wanna have sex with Richards' wife, hoohoo"

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'd be willing to bet small amounts of actual money that he's just gonna voice Doom in that Squirrel Girl podcast.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Never mind

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I find it hard to believe Disney would let Sony make a Spider-Gwen character without them being involved in any way. Not counting Into the Spider-Verse, but a live action one.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"HOOHoohoo, so uh Robin I wanna have sex with Richards' wife, hoohoo"

Lets be honest about the subtext between them.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/marvelsupdates/status/1542262686703964160

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah that’s pretty much the comics costume

Is that a new outfit for Captain Marvel?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gotta admit, when the tweet mentioned Captain America I thought "they got Chris Evans back?"

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Lobok posted:

Gotta admit, when the tweet mentioned Captain America I thought "they got Chris Evans back?"

In your defense he was only Captain America for a half an episode a year ago

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Taron Egerton has said in an interview that he's met with Kevin Feige and that he specifically wants to be Wolverine.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

muscles like this! posted:

Taron Egerton has said in an interview that he's met with Kevin Feige and that he specifically wants to be Wolverine.

Oh fffffuck off

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Who?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Eggsy from Kingsman

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
he's fine but i don't feel it

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
honestly, I don't even know who I'd want to cast as Wolverine. No one springs to mind, probably be best to have him be an unknown.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

A younger Karl Urban would have been great - if a bit too tall.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Soonmot posted:

honestly, I don't even know who I'd want to cast as Wolverine. No one springs to mind, probably be best to have him be an unknown.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That Canadian guy in the X-Men, sits around drinking a lot.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I know they won't, but I'd love if they didnt bring Wolverine in for a couple movies, give some other X-men a chance to shine

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Wolverine will be allowed to be in a movie, but only if that movie is a faithful adaptation of the time him and Nightcrawler took Colossus to a bar to yell at him about being a philandering piece of poo poo, and then it turned into a huge brawl between Colossus and plainclothes Juggernaut while Wolverine watched on, basically believing that Piotr had a beating coming. Still needs to end on Juggernaut throwing a wad of cash to Logan to cover the bar damage.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The thing about Wolverine is that he's probably the guy you'd want to insert into non X-Men movies beforehand and then hopefully the actual X-Men movies can focus on characters other than him, Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique, because that's loving all the Fox movies were, non-stop.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Weird direction to take Laura in but we'll see how it goes.

But really, I think Taron's okay but I don't see him as Wolverine. He'd probably make a good Johnny Storm though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Logan needs to be short, hairy and canadian. Two out of three ain't bad.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm sorry. Are we all suddenly against the idea of Glen Danzig as Wolverine for some reason? When did this happen?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nothing can ever live up to Verotika, so there is no point putting Danzig in anything ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjqmynH-ik

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

With Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man all being done by Brits I suppose I can't really hope for Wolverine to be played by a Canadian but it'd be nice. Especially since Deadpool is Reynolds so it's like lightning striking twice.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I thought we agreed Wolverine would be a digitally-shortened Jared Keeso from Letterkenny

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Mameluke posted:

I thought we agreed Wolverine would be a digitally-shortened Jared Keeso from Letterkenny

Give your balls a tug titfucker. It should be the dude who plays Shoresy

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

I know he's neither short nor Canadian, but hear me out: Rob McElhenny

Audiences have come to expect a certain kind of Wolverine. Admittedly, they might also confuse him with Ryan Reynolds.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
He was pretty vocal about what a load of ridiculous poo poo it is to achieve a mega-ripped hero bod, I doubt he want to sign up for at least a decade of having to maintain it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Joe Fisto posted:

Logan needs to be short, hairy and canadian. Two out of three ain't bad.

I would watch an Avengers movie where every character is played by a comedian. Lewis Black as Hulk.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mameluke posted:

I mean, Hugh Jackman is 6'3 and Keeso is 5'10. He's practically a midget by Hollywood standards. I've had this thought before. :D

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Medullah posted:

I mean, Hugh Jackman is 6'3 and Keeso is 5'10. He's practically a midget by Hollywood standards. I've had this thought before. :D

Max comedy, Evan Stern. Get him buff, he's tiny and hairy and Canadian

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Max comedy, Evan Stern. Get him buff, he's tiny and hairy and Canadian

But will Professor X still be played by Patrick STEWRT

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If Lord of the Rings can make me believe Rhys-Davies was a dwarf then I'm sure whoever is cast for Wolverine can be made to look like the shortest guy on the X-Men.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have to imagine that Marvel is going to go young for all of the X-Men since they're going to want to keep them around for a while.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’d just go with the og X Men to start. I guess it might be a little too white and vanilla but I’d just try to avoid rushing into stuff. That was always kind of the XMen franchise problem. Trying to squeeze as much as possible in. The MCU knows there’s time for sequels and spin-offs. So just focus in and tell a story and lay the groundwork for massive universe of options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The OG team didn't even work all that well in the comics, I would not start with them. Part of the appeal of the X-Men is how international and diverse they can be. They already went all-white and mostly American to kick off the Avengers, don't go back to that.