Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
IIRC there's data for Starfox Arwings among other assets in the game files so here we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

JethroMcB posted:

IIRC there's days for Starfox Arwings among other assets in the game files so here we go

funny you should say that

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

And here. We. Go.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

JethroMcB posted:

IIRC there's data for Starfox Arwings among other assets in the game files so here we go

tell me more

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a tasbot run where tasbot just does ace in the background while a person plays the game is pretty rad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
they used the arwings to prototype the Volvagia fight (specifically Volv's flying phase) but you can get them in the game

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
For a game as famous as Ocarina of Time, it is astonishing that we didn't know that one of the main mechanical gimmicks of Majora's Mask was lurking in OOT's development history :psyduck:

Edit: This Gerudo content absolutely should have been left in the main game somehow, wow.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kestral posted:

For a game as famous as Ocarina of Time, it is astonishing that we didn't know that one of the main mechanical gimmicks of Majora's Mask was lurking in OOT's development history :psyduck:

as i recall, even the arwing was not found till like the late 00's.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Kestral posted:

Edit: This Gerudo content absolutely should have been left in the main game somehow, wow.

I'm pretty sure most of the text and interactions we're seeing are basically fanfiction the tas creators made to stitch together the actual beta content.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

I'm pretty sure most of the text and interactions we're seeing are basically fanfiction the tas creators made to stitch together the actual beta content.

Yeah, first thought was "why is this text translated" and "why haven't I heard of this stuff before"

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Snake Maze posted:

That would explain why the text seems... off. Disappointing that they're not explaining that, if so.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It makes me wonder how much of this is uncovering ancient dev secrets that existed on the cartridge since release, and how much of this is just silliness created through ACE.

It's alot more fun for me if it was actually on the cartridge but if they're going to present some suspicious stuff as truth then it makes me wonder if any of it is real.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

you FOOL

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
You FOOL!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
you FOOL!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo!!!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

crazy that the zant fight was prototyped in OOT too

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm sure at the end they'll admit to the joke.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

How is this guy so bad at spin slashing lmao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Agent355 posted:

It makes me wonder how much of this is uncovering ancient dev secrets that existed on the cartridge since release, and how much of this is just silliness created through ACE.

It's alot more fun for me if it was actually on the cartridge but if they're going to present some suspicious stuff as truth then it makes me wonder if any of it is real.

Yeah, I'm thinking leading with the arwing was to throw everyone off

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

This is a real high effort TAS shitpost, I love it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Superboss Runningman is real to me dammit!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking leading with the arwing was to throw everyone off

it seems to be a mix of real beta assets left on the cart, remakes of things shown in prerelease video and pictures, interpretations of things left over and unfinished, and total nonsense. it's beautiful.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
I think this run is pretty sick. They're having TASBot code in sidequests around actual unused beta assets.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

they should go beat the sky temple imo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If this ends with us feeding Epona to a T-Rex to get the Triforce...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jasoneatspizza posted:

I think this run is pretty sick. They're having TASBot code in sidequests around actual unused beta assets.

yeah this is crazy impressive on a technical level

i think the only thing that would impress me more is if it turned out they were on-the-fly coding in model definitions for some of these

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I believe they found a bunch of model assets and the rest is fan fiction. IMO

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

actually, thinking on it, the more impressive thing is that they haven't tried to turn this into some haunted creepypasta cartridge nonsense

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I was half expecting this last song to be a rick roll.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
What I've learned tonight: ACE is a hell of thing

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I enjoy that they have 69 rupees. Just because.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

JethroMcB posted:

What I've learned tonight: ACE is a hell of thing

yeah ace in 2d games is bonkers, ace in a janky early 3d title is next-level

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Tool Assisted Shitposting

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this better end with cj being thrown out of a cop car saying 'aw poo poo here we go again'

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
THE TRUTH COME OUT

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmaooo

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Gotta say, I have zero interest in someone's Ocarina of Time fanfiction, however technically impressive it is.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

:justtrans:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

"We didn't build this, except we did"