Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Mamkute posted:

21. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (All Songs, Won Epona)

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Mamkute posted:

:worship:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cmon Mamkute you can’t be in on the gag.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mamkute posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

Bruh.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mamkute posted:

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Been a while since I updated the list.

1. Medium-Naut
2. Destiny 2 Beyond Light
3. Rachet and Clank: Rift Apart
4. Astalon: Tears of the Earth
5. Demons Souls ps5
6. Bloodborne
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. La Mulana 2 Tower of Oannes DLC
9. Tunic
10. Elden Ring
11. Hypnospace Outlaw
12. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
13. Omori

Didn't know anything about Omori going, it was quite a surprise, pretty cool game.

New Kirb is prob the best in the series alongside Superstar, good fun, coop is great

Hypnospace Outlaw was like a weird early internet nostalgia trip that became an interesting detective game, hilarious and memorable, can't wait to play their next 2 games.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

Mamkute posted:

What was your clear time?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Mamkute posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

super mario brothers (defeatde bowser, full princess clear)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Mirror's Edge: it's been way over a decade since i last played this, and time made me sand off all the rough edges. Every section where they force you to fight by making the only part you can progress some slow to climb pipe or a valve that takes forever to turn blow chunks, and the parkour system sometimes janks out and doesnt make you grab something or you're facing just slightly at the wrong angle and it starts a wallrun instead of a wallclimb, making you careen to your death.
but despite all that when the game just works and youre effortlessly jumping from place to place and it all clicks reminds me of why this game still sticks out in my mind after all these years. so few games can survive their outdated graphics with art design and this is absolutely one of them. absolutely gorgeous. gonna try catalyst next

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Mirror's Edge: it's been way over a decade since i last played this, and time made me sand off all the rough edges. Every section where they force you to fight by making the only part you can progress some slow to climb pipe or a valve that takes forever to turn blow chunks, and the parkour system sometimes janks out and doesnt make you grab something or you're facing just slightly at the wrong angle and it starts a wallrun instead of a wallclimb, making you careen to your death.
but despite all that when the game just works and youre effortlessly jumping from place to place and it all clicks reminds me of why this game still sticks out in my mind after all these years. so few games can survive their outdated graphics with art design and this is absolutely one of them. absolutely gorgeous. gonna try catalyst next

is it still possible to get the time trial dlc, they were rly cool.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

is it still possible to get the time trial dlc, they were rly cool.

i checked the pcgw article on it and it says that you cant purchase it anymore but you can download a mod, but that it isnt compatible with steam or gog or something? idk it says you can use it outside of the origin version. its incredibly confusing wording

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mirror%27s_Edge#DLC_and_expansion_packs

e: the dlc pack works on steam. playing it rn

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 1, 2022

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ArfJason posted:

It’s so tight. Vivid game memories

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

Can u get the version with the weird abstract time trials on steam or gog now that ea has cusped itself and shut down based origin. I will not use.google to find out.on my.own. thanks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Event [0]

A little too short but the premise of trying to communicate with an evasive AI was extremely well done.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Can u get the version with the weird abstract time trials on steam or gog now that ea has cusped itself and shut down based origin. I will not use.google to find out.on my.own. thanks.

youy cant get it on steam or gog but you can mod them in with Illegal hHacks, but due to it being a mod for a game that never supproted mods every time trial gets the same record. i got 53 seconds as my best time on one map and now every map has that time as its best, so i have no idea if im improving or not on certain sections rip

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

youy cant get it on steam or gog but you can mod them in with Illegal hHacks, but due to it being a mod for a game that never supproted mods every time trial gets the same record. i got 53 seconds as my best time on one map and now every map has that time as its best, so i have no idea if im improving or not on certain sections rip

lol. thats cool

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[31] Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course (XSX) - 7/1/22

Review:
The animation in Cuphead was already incredible, and it is actually even better in the DLC. The last boss truly has to be seen in action to be believed. It's incredible what they did here, animating all of this by hand on actual frames of animation just like the old cartoons they are referencing. When I see the last boss, I understand why it took 8 people 5 years to make this. The new bosses are a lot of fun (the secret boss has an incredible concept and was actually fairly challenging) and overall if they just made another 8-10 bosses every few years for this game forever I would play it. This is a game that won't be copied or emulated anytime soon, if ever, and that is why its so great. Also, the music is fantastic this time around as well. The one flaw I would say is that you get all these new powers and things but the game is over way too soon before you get to use them all, and yes, it is pretty short. Took me about 3 hours to beat everything on Normal, including getting all the secrets.

9/10

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cuckhead

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

craphead

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i beat the story mode on shredders revenge on gnarly and unlocked casey jones. hopefully he's good and i can get the no death clear on arcade okay and be done with this game. the length of hte game makes more sense in light of the story mode

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No death Okay is easier than No continue Gnarly. You gotta do both if you're a true gamer.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

No death Okay is easier than No continue Gnarly. You gotta do both if you're a true gamer.

i know but they doubled the health of bosses in gnarly and im just not down for that

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
already developing rsi from playing this all week

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
are you playing on stick or controller

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been attempting the various challenges in Story mode (even though I'm pretty sure they don't do anything) and been having a lot of fun with it. Some of them are ridiculous like "don't take damage ever" so it's like a puzzle game learning the spawns and how to best approach the level step by step.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
little tiny switch stick that i have to put on top of my Beatles Get Back photo book so it can actually rest on my lap

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Elevator Action (NES)

I dunno if this one counts. I got all the files and left the building. I looked up a longplay and it looks like all that changes in later stages is: 1. the colour of the building 2. the number of files to pick up and 3. how agressive the enemies are. Do I need to beat more loops to count? I'll let mycophobia judge.

Anyways I played this because I was browsing a rom list and basically just picked it at random

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. It froze on a black screen immediately after I beat the final boss but otherwise was a pretty good game.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Elevator Action (NES)

I dunno if this one counts. I got all the files and left the building. I looked up a longplay and it looks like all that changes in later stages is: 1. the colour of the building 2. the number of files to pick up and 3. how agressive the enemies are. Do I need to beat more loops to count? I'll let mycophobia judge.

Anyways I played this because I was browsing a rom list and basically just picked it at random

Upon inspection of a video it looks as though the grey colored building is the last building before it starts looping colors. so i think beating stage 4 is a true clear

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

Upon inspection of a video it looks as though the grey colored building is the last building before it starts looping colors. so i think beating stage 4 is a true clear

:hai:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Tiny Room Stories: Town Mystery

Started this on vacation as a little casual escape room type game but it ended up being like 15 chapters long. Good bang for your buck but not a terribly interesting game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Elevator Action (NES)

I think I was burned out on this kind of game when I played it, but I have to admit it does a lot with its basic premise

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

famicom elevator action isn't a great port but on the other hand its a micronics joint so its a mild miracle it isn't a total disaster and mostly plays okayish.

elevator action returns on mame and/or saturn is amzeballs tho. hobby grade + epic elevator action returns heroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0wDXesSmM0

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah it's worlds better than the other micronics ports, at least. it would be hard to do things like invent impossible hit boxes for elevator action, I guess

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

famicom elevator action isn't a great port but on the other hand its a micronics joint so its a mild miracle it isn't a total disaster and mostly plays okayish.

elevator action returns on mame and/or saturn is amzeballs tho. hobby grade + epic elevator action returns heroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0wDXesSmM0

Returns owns a lot. very reasonable difficulty as far as arcade games go too

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Linelith

Another puzzle game I started on vacation, this one kinda felt like a 'gamejam' version of the Witness. Worth buying for a buck and playing for an hour.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death)

phew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

drat nice job