Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I would pay double for Dota+ if it just meant only queueing with others who at least have it as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Honey Im Homme posted:

Do you have a terrible behavior score?

naw 10k, im just a dumbass that queues at dumb times

Goast fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 29, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

dr.acula posted:

I would pay double for Dota+ if it just meant only queueing with others who at least have it as well

I gotta figure they've at least toyed with this idea but decided against it for whatever reason

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there somewhere -- in client or on the internet -- where I can view loading screen artwork for all the different heroes?

Like there is no "Preview" button :shrug:

Seems like all I could do would be disable shuffle, set the artwork I'm interested in as my active one, then load into a demo game. But that's tedious as gently caress as there's a fair few I want to get screenshots of

e; nevermind I have the dumb as soon as I posted I noticed the "Preview" in the lower left, but that's not actually a link it's just telling me that I am previewing the one from the collection on the right :downs:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Is there somewhere -- in client or on the internet -- where I can view loading screen artwork for all the different heroes?

Like there is no "Preview" button :shrug:

Seems like all I could do would be disable shuffle, set the artwork I'm interested in as my active one, then load into a demo game. But that's tedious as gently caress as there's a fair few I want to get screenshots of

e; nevermind I have the dumb as soon as I posted I noticed the "Preview" in the lower left, but that's not actually a link it's just telling me that I am previewing the one from the collection on the right :downs:

Try this?
https://dota2.fandom.com/wiki/Loading_Screen

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:hellyeah:

e; ah bummer lots of them seem to be missing, such as
https://dota2.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_of_the_Forsaken_Loading_Screen

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 30, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's a drat shame the dota2 wiki is just yet another fandom wiki struggling to retain editors and covered in ads instead of an official wiki hosted by valve and maintained by weirdly passionate folks like the tf2 one is

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Agreed, but also ublock origin ftw:

Hide all the ads then supress all the stupid intrusive links to non-DOTA poo poo.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Fwiw it was maintained mostly by a single passionate weirdo for years. He announced on Reddit he was retiring from that in 2020 or 2021 I think

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Isn't liquidpedia better maintained anyway

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The fandom one is great for hero/skill and interaction info. Liquipedia does have some game info stuff but it’s not as thorough

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Liquipedia is great for competitive scene stuff, fandom wiki is where you gotta go for "how do these two spells interact" and if it's a newer hero you might just be outta luck

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
My favorite had always been the by-character changelog.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
after warming up for a few days in unranked queues and actually having a good time i decided to start up some ranked queues and had a good time there too

:nws: slurs and stuff

i guess this guy did not have a good time :smug:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

https://github.com/jeffhill/Dota2 Dota2 has a bug tracker on git now, there's some pretty funny stuff in there like omni's w counting every instance of undying zombie slows as a seperate debuff causing you to gain a tremendous amount of health when they all get dispelled

Geight fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 3, 2022

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

I wish there was a way to queue up AGI power treads on purpose. Feels like I waste so much time manually picking out the agi item every game.

Good news everybody! We now have the technology:

https://i.imgur.com/nhp2KFe.mp4

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Oh my god, Dota2 game of the year

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The clip maker and battle report thing are both neat little updates that probably would've been a lot cooler if they'd been added in several years ago.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

But if they’d committed precious development resources to that stuff sooner, they wouldn’t have been able to come up with the exciting new hero who’s gimmick is She’s A Girl

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It is very lame that the last two heroes only either whistle or roar.

Valve must really be struggling if they can't even hire VAs to record even just a few lines 🙄

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Non-verbal heroes are an okay gimmick every now and then but doing two back-to-back does feel cheap and they really need to make Marci's really shrill "taking damage" whistle have a longer cooldown

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Geight posted:

Non-verbal heroes are an okay gimmick every now and then but doing two back-to-back does feel cheap and they really need to make Marci's really shrill "taking damage" whistle have a longer cooldown

they need to make marci announcer pack that is just that whistle going off at different volumes

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Escalating volume and pitch the closer you get to your ancient being destroyed

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

It's quite remarkable how much better this game is with everyone muted.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

But then you'll miss out on your carry saying they won't buy BKB because it's too expensive

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

After like 15 years of playing dota I finally hit Immortal, and I was absolutely carried across the finish line by my windranger 1 who could not stop bitching about his pudge 5. dota.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
After 10 years of playing dota I finally got down to 10 mmr

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

After 10 years of playing dota I finally got down to 10 mmr

Congratulations!

DNK posted:

After like 15 years of playing dota I finally hit Immortal, and I was absolutely carried across the finish line by my windranger 1 who could not stop bitching about his pudge 5. dota.

What's the Immortal baseline MMR now? My peak was 5500, I stopped playing for three years, and now I'm back at like 5200. Am I close?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Nichael posted:

Congratulations!

Hey bro it took ALOT of stoned 2am party que dota to sink that low

Thankfully that's my funnsies account and my main one is sitting at 2400 or so

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I used to play with a friend of a friend who was honest to god 50mmr on their main account and it was always…. Interesting. Let me tell you how good it is for party morale when the 50mmr dude starts criticizing other peoples gameplay decisions.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

In the last 12 months I have played 442 matches according to dotabuff and my mmr hovers around 1000 (guardian 3)

5 years ago I was ~Crusader 3 and I feel like I am absolutely better than I was then, but the meta skill level has risen faster

I am certifiably Bad At Game but at least I'm not the worst of my friend group I play with, and we get pretty quick queue times so that's nice.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Nichael posted:

Congratulations!

What's the Immortal baseline MMR now? My peak was 5500, I stopped playing for three years, and now I'm back at like 5200. Am I close?

Thanks! 5650 is immortal now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DNK posted:

Thanks! 5650 is immortal now

5650 seems obtainable, good to know.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

I agree with the sniper

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mortimer Knag posted:

I agree with the sniper

In my defense Tinker's a really hard hero to play.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Imagine picking Sniper and trash talking other peoples hero choice 😬

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

Imagine picking Sniper and trash talking other peoples hero choice 😬

Exactly.

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde

DNK posted:

Congrats, first time immortal is a huge milestone. It only took me 2 weeks in the low immortal rank before I quit dota2 for a long time. As soon as people get a rank number next to their name, they become even MORE toxic than the regular dota2 community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GenSpecific posted:

Congrats, first time immortal is a huge milestone. It only took me 2 weeks in the low immortal rank before I quit dota2 for a long time. As soon as people get a rank number next to their name, they become even MORE toxic than the regular dota2 community.
God drat, how is that possible?

I really enjoy being in that 5200-5500 MMR range, which represents something like the top 2 or 3% of players, and having people say poo poo like "divine/5k shitter". At that point, how much better can you reasonably be at this stupid game if you're not literally going to play it as a job?

That's not to say I don't have room for improvement, or that I'm even particularly good. But I do think that's just about the highest level I can go in a game like this. I'm not going to "train" for twelve hours a day.