Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I really want some reality shows that are exclusively stoner contestants. Something like Survivor where it's a mix of athleticism and concentration and gossip and backstabbing, but everyone has to smoke a joint before any event or tribal council.

Or just let a guy go on Alone with a QP and a box of rolling papers that don't count against his kit.

Chopped 420 is a godawful show, that i love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Time_pants posted:

The other thing that sucks about going to Illinois, other than going to Illinois and being in Illinois, is that out-of-state buyers can only buy 250 mg of THC compared to 800 mg in Colorado.
Those numbers can’t be right. That’s like one gram preroll.

E: oh, the 250mg is just for edibles.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-legalizes-low-dose-pot-edibles-to-the-surprise-of-gop-legislator/

Why bother reading the bills you sign? It's not like being a politician is supposed to be hard work.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

congrats weed goons in Minnesota, you can buy miniscule dosages of edibles at an uncapped rate because Republicans are too loving stupid to read legislation

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

fuctifino posted:

You are after the DYADP. I got mine from this site.

Turns out I already had one, so now I have a spare!

What do you use to hold the dynavap at the optimum depth though? I'm currently using a glass oven spacer from Davinci in the bottom of the cup but it's not quite right, and I also regularly drop it out on the floor..

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the official wand insert didn't exist when I bought it so I have one of these inserts, which does have a floor that holds the dynavap in the right spot. They are usually sold out, you have to snatch them when they restock

e: I've been using the wand w/ actual concentrate w/ a homebrew bong mount, works ok but lots of cleanup

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is weed a good treatment for covid

worked great for me when I have the 'vid

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I smoke weed every day and I haven't gotten covid so, it works, definitely

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

poverty goat posted:

I smoke weed every day and I haven't gotten covid so, it works, definitely

Same.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sedgr posted:

Weirdly I seem to remember some article that said maybe yes?

Might have been preventing instead of treating.

It was mostly a joke about how people that reported heavier weed use weren't getting covid as much, but I'm presuming the actual cause was that they were simply staying inside more and/or staying in the same group of people. My cousin got covid just as easy as anyone else, and he smokes like crazy and works from home; his dad visited and that was it.

But for me, it just...might...work......

e a secret, stupid part of me is also banking on ecig goo protecting me like alien life support gear, can't get covid if you have wet pneumonia or whatever it is

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 2, 2022

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I think this is what I was thinking of...

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abi6110

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sedgr posted:

I think this is what I was thinking of...

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abi6110

And that is not what I was thinking of, wow

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yo, I'm smoking my bong on the front porch at 1:48am, FYI

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I went to a cookout last night here. About a dozen people and 9 dogs. Half of us were smoking, half were drinking. Then two dogs got into a fight and two guys had to go to get stitches in their hands.

There was a bowl going around, a joint, and about half a dozen vape pens. Also beer and whiskey. Good times. Stitches guys were back from the hospital in 2 hours, dogs are fine, went right back to drinking.

I love Colorado.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Yo, I'm smoking my bong on the front porch at 1:48am, FYI

Outdoor weeding is an enormous perk of living in a legal state. Not that I didn't do it in Florida

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

We just passed our 1 year anniversary of legal weed in VA and my dogs now recognize me rolling a joint as a sign that we're about to go for a walk

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, when I roll a joint, my dog perks up knowing a walk is imminent.

My cat yawns and goes back to sleep.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
My dog hangs out downwind of me on the deck. If I blow the smoke away or the wind changes he moves, lmao.

And he's 85 lbs so like I have little say in where he wants to lay on the deck

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Inspector Hound posted:

Outdoor weeding is an enormous perk of living in a legal state. Not that I didn't do it in Florida

Outdoor weeding is why I want a nice back patio. Who doesn't want to go out back and smoke a joint and hang out in the backyard with their dogs?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Meanwhile I just want my wife to let me vape inside.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Light up some incense, everyone loves Nag Champa

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Protocol7 posted:

Outdoor weeding is why I want a nice back patio. Who doesn't want to go out back and smoke a joint and hang out in the backyard with their dogs?

It's pretty much the dream.

I have a dynavap and an inflatable hot tub on my huge deck overlooking the gorge and little slice of the water. Deer come up and say hi in return for an apple slice occasionally. It's pretty heavenly.

Need to try chilling and smoking on the other patio that's just broken concrete from when my house was a lumber camp.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My cat used to love sticking his face next to mine when I was vaping strong indica strains, especially during the last couple of years of his life. He had arthritis issues as well as pain from intestinal cancer to contend during his last few months, so I didn't try to stop him.

I had to put him down last weekend, and I miss my little stoner buddy. :(

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sad :(

I miss my little kitty friend too, we had to put him down earlier this year after he got every disease there is. He didn't really care about weed either way but he loved to cuddle so he was a great couch buddy. Hopefully his memory can bring you joy

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://twitter.com/EveSimmns/status/1543263481679360000

be careful out there guys

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A popular goon here in GBS had something like that. He felt like poo poo all the time and was throwing up and only felt ok when he was in the shower. He quit for a while and I'm not sure if he still smokes.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I'm pretty sure that's just called being an adult with a job.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I’ve seen hypermesis pop up a bit on some of the reddits, mostly from really heavy users.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'll let you all know when my daily cartridge use finally kills me. Already banking on early onset COPD :)

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
the first time one of my buddies used my dab rig i just let him go for it and he took a huge rip because he'd only combusted flower before. he threw up a few times and it took him an hour to recover. he didn't scream, though.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

KingShiro posted:

I’ve seen hypermesis pop up a bit on some of the reddits, mostly from really heavy users.
Yes, it's a thing: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/21665-cannabis-hyperemesis-syndrome

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Awful lot of achtualllly posting in here

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I mostly think it's interesting that hot showers help!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

fuctifino posted:

My cat used to love sticking his face next to mine when I was vaping strong indica strains, especially during the last couple of years of his life. He had arthritis issues as well as pain from intestinal cancer to contend during his last few months, so I didn't try to stop him.

I had to put him down last weekend, and I miss my little stoner buddy. :(

rip

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Protocol7 posted:

my front porch AND back patio are both amazing, so outdoor weeding is pretty much the only way to be for me

Sunk Dunk posted:

Awful lot of achtualllly posting in here

:actually: There's a group of people who think that a bunch of these cases (but not all of them, there's still a bunch that are tough to explain) are due to contaminated concentrates or weed. I really fuckin wish that anyone, like anyone at all, would invest in researching this poo poo so we can figure out how to make sure we don't permanently gently caress up our bodies

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Just compare any of this poo poo to the mortality rates from alcohol abuse, which is still perfectly legal in 95% of the US.

There's definitely a subset of irresponsible fucks who do poo poo like bake giant trays of weed brownies and leave 'em out where the kids can get at them though, which sucks poo poo.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It appears to exist, but "you get it if you smoke/dab too much" seems pretty broad and unuseful. I put more stock in it than the idea that it gives you seizures or stroke, anyway.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
anythign to speed up death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

bagmonkey posted:

:actually: There's a group of people who think that a bunch of these cases (but not all of them, there's still a bunch that are tough to explain) are due to contaminated concentrates or weed. I really fuckin wish that anyone, like anyone at all, would invest in researching this poo poo so we can figure out how to make sure we don't permanently gently caress up our bodies

This is basically the belief in the industry. There are unscrupulous companies and legacy market growers using pesticides that aren't tested for by state DoHs to hit yield numbers that have potential issues when combined with THC.