Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

The synchronized shock from the Dinos in the shell jump room!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

broken pixel posted:

King Conga's song is such a goddamn mean pick

And a fukkin banger

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

Ok this is definitely gonna be in the top 3 of all the runs this gdq

Also lmao that shell jump mechanic is so loving insane

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i meant that this is essentially what this already is

yeah but if you took the other two players off of shoujo's team then she would never have to sit out

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

bucksmash posted:

Ok this is definitely gonna be in the top 3 of all the runs this gdq

Also lmao that shell jump mechanic is so loving insane

I was already onboard for a Kaizo blind race before this and yeah, this is a level of kaizo I never knew I needed to experience just wow.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

This is a hell of a level to end this on. Everyone is completely thrown off and I'm loving it

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Bats!

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
And now it's a rhythm autoscroller.

edit: With a timed bossfight.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ngl i will be kinda sad if the dolphins pull this off

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm so glad they picked King Conga for this, it's so much harder than if it was just a steady rhythm.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Welp, congrats to RNG Dolphins

Shoujo MVP

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Agent355 posted:

And a fukkin banger

You know it.

Dolphins dunked it, nice nice nice!

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

ngl i will be kinda sad if the dinos pull this off

NO TEARS TODAY wooooowwww what a finish

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

ATTA BOY BARB

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

perfect finish everyone loves an underdog and purple > green :cool:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bucksmash posted:

NO TEARS TODAY wooooowwww what a finish

yeah i mistyped lmao, dinos deserved the win but w/e

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah i mistyped lmao, dinos deserved the win but w/e

ah then MANY TEARS TODAY lmao

But Shoujo was putting on a clinic for sure

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

That was 100% worth staying up too late for

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Yeah, does feel kind of meh that the entire race was just winner take all on the last level after the legendary performance of the dinosshoujo on every other stage.

Edit: fixed team name

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nemo2342 posted:

Yeah, does feel kind of meh that the entire race was just winner take all on the last level after the legendary performance of the dinos on every other stage.

to be fair, the dolphins were right there at the end and even had a late lead on multiple stages that the dinos won so it's not like they were dominating the first six stages

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Also that format just makes it more exciting rather than the last round being meaningless because one team had more points already.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Barb is also easily the best player there, so it's hard to count him out. I would put Juz at second, but it seems like Shoujo did some work tonight.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dick move by GDQ with these run orders how am I supposed to go to sleep so I can wake up in the middle of the ffx run now

also did they cut even more stuff today other than the bonus game that they missed? It looks like the schedule jumped ahead another hour or two, Elden Ring is supposed to start before midnight now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BabyRyoga posted:

Barb is also easily the best player there, so it's hard to count him out. I would put Juz at second, but it seems like Shoujo did some work tonight.

hmmm, i usually beat juzcook in super mario 35 so maybe i should pick up kaizo romhacks

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sounds like the Kaizo relay was worth a watch like earlier events.

I'm also unironically looking forward to the FFX run. I remember them running it at RRLAT a few years back and asking the runners how much it would shave off if they could skip cutscenes. I think they talked that a remover was under development then, and now we get to see it in action. (A regular run is something like 9-10 hours and today the estimate is four)

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

hmmm, i usually beat juzcook in super mario 35 so maybe i should pick up kaizo romhacks

Are you in Australia? I imagine he has to deal with ping shenanigans in a game like that.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

People seemed to be looking forward to this wrench only thing. It's late for me but I gotta give this a few minutes and see if I wanna stay up even later.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BabyRyoga posted:

Are you in Australia? I imagine he has to deal with ping shenanigans in a game like that.

ping did not impact mario 35 at all due to how it worked, i was just a good deal better at that than him (but also middle of the road as far as the sm35 twitch crew went)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Agent355 posted:

People seemed to be looking forward to this wrench only thing. It's late for me but I gotta give this a few minutes and see if I wanna stay up even later.

Ratchet and Clank is a great series that typically has some absolutely stupid skips

I'm very tired but gonna stay up as long as possible simply because it's R&C

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BabyRyoga posted:

all of them are extremely good runners in their own rights

Barb and juz are extremely good at level design and reading levels, Carl is extremely good at cape tech, and shovda and thirdwall have basically been de facto play testers for the last couple of years and are probably even more experienced with glitch tech than the others

if anything shoujo's technically the least experienced because she stuck to SMM2 only for a long time

watch shoujo if you aren't, she's working her way through Wiiware titles in addition to Mario stuff

this will include a certain game called la mulana

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was front row next to the host station, screaming support from Portal through SMW. What a loving incredible block of games.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

dick move by GDQ with these run orders how am I supposed to go to sleep so I can wake up in the middle of the ffx run now

also did they cut even more stuff today other than the bonus game that they missed? It looks like the schedule jumped ahead another hour or two, Elden Ring is supposed to start before midnight now

Yeah the schedule seems different, what actually happened?

Also I noticed Superhot VR isn't on there now as well (which I only remember because I was thinking 'this is the only game today I haven't heard of')

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Chucat posted:

Yeah the schedule seems different, what actually happened?

Also I noticed Superhot VR isn't on there now as well (which I only remember because I was thinking 'this is the only game today I haven't heard of')

pokemon incentive bonus run was not met and several runs have gone way under estimate and the setup times have been a lot shorter, in addition to superhot vr and bloodstained being voluntarily axed by the runners for time

Vinciolo
Aug 27, 2010
Superhot VR and Bloodborne runners both volunteered to pull their runs out to get the marathon back on track.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

pokemon incentive bonus run was not met and several runs have gone way under estimate and the setup times have been a lot shorter, in addition to superhot vr and bloodstained being voluntarily axed by the runners for time

ah the setup time reduction is probably the biggest timesave, props to whoever found that skip that's a huge one for the speedrunning community!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i don't give a drat about ratchet and clank but this runner and his couch are really entertaining and i am enjoying this run, but also i need to get the hell to sleep so i can wake up for wind waker

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This Ratchet OOB rules

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Dear god, true GDQ luck strikes hard

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008