Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

For true rear end Foxy Shazam heads - They're putting their first album on vinyl for the first time. 8 month waiting period tho, 2023.

https://foxyshazam.bigcartel.com/product/flamingo-trigger-remastered-lp-presale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So they are charging for Vault 53 on July 4 but still haven't announced it that I can find? That Hootie post was a joke right?

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Most recent get:

I think yellow is my favorite color of vinyl.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Just sold two of my Garth sets at a garage sale for $15 :clint:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got 3 albums on the way - Coheed's new one, Atmosphere's Seven's Travels, and deM atlaS's Bad Actress.

Pretty excited!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Yay, preorders are starting to ship, Doshin the Giant OST is on the move. Go Q2!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Got a promotion at work yesterday, so celebrated by ordering 8 King Gizzard and Lizard Wizard albums that I was missing. Also cross-posting from the turntable/vintage thread, but I got my new wooden enclosure for my Marantz 2230 today and it looks gorgeous.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
first time in a while ive been wowed by a vinyl colour

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Enos Cabell posted:

So they are charging for Vault 53 on July 4 but still haven't announced it that I can find? That Hootie post was a joke right?

The signup dealine is always the 30th, in this case 30th July, if you're going to be charged on the 4th that's because you subbed on the fourth of April or January or October or July. I would suggest canceling and next time waiting until the very last minute to sign up!

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

The Walrus posted:

Wow is right, nice!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

The Walrus posted:

Gives me a mac and cheese vibe and I love it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

pwn posted:

The signup dealine is always the 30th, in this case 30th July, if you're going to be charged on the 4th that's because you subbed on the fourth of April or January or October or July. I would suggest canceling and next time waiting until the very last minute to sign up!

Ohhh ok thanks, didn't realize it worked that way.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Enos Cabell posted:

Ohhh ok thanks, didn't realize it worked that way.

Plenty of time to think about whether or not you want live Blowfish album.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

sporklift posted:

Plenty of time to think about whether or not you want live Blowfish album.

Hope it’s bridge school ‘95. That’s a sick boot. They went deep cause they wanted to impress Neil and Bruce. Anything Europe ‘96 on the fairweather Johnson tour would be killer too.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
"Not Even The Trees" is a wonderful Hootie song. One of my favorite "sad, yet pretty" songs.

I just grabbed the RSD release of Handsome Boy Modeling School's "So...How's Your Girl?" from one of my local places. :getin:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

The Walrus posted:

pretty

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BigFactory posted:

Hope it’s bridge school ‘95. That’s a sick boot. They went deep cause they wanted to impress Neil and Bruce. Anything Europe ‘96 on the fairweather Johnson tour would be killer too.

I actually went looking for their bridge school set out of morbid curiosity, couldn't find it

I mean it's probably perfectly fine, they were a competent band that had some good songs

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

hexwren posted:

I actually went looking for their bridge school set out of morbid curiosity, couldn't find it

I mean it's probably perfectly fine, they were a competent band that had some good songs

The Hootie taper scene is very exclusive

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
disc 1 being so lovely makes disc 2 a letdown in comparison, though I guess it would be just fine if not nice in any other package - the totally translucent look in the squared off 180 is always nice. also the label on the original pressing is far better... buying this for the band not your repress label guys.

original label yes i bought this even though i own it:

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Stopped by a local record store on Saturday and made these two un-planned pickups:

The second Yaz album is better than I expected, although nothing with Alison Moyet's voice on it was ever going to be less than good. I'm not familiar with much of the Slum Village album, so need to spend some time with that.

But then a college buddy sent me this for my birthday, and I don't think it will be coming off the turntable any time soon:

I had pretty much resigned myself to never getting a copy of that. Pretty psyched, and have now turned up the stereo to window rattling levels and am just playing Soft Serve repeatedly.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Fifty bucks for the cabinet at a thrift store, don't mind if I do.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

McCoy Pauley posted:

Stopped by a local record store on Saturday and made these two un-planned pickups:

The second Yaz album is better than I expected, although nothing with Alison Moyet's voice on it was ever going to be less than good. I'm not familiar with much of the Slum Village album, so need to spend some time with that.

But then a college buddy sent me this for my birthday, and I don't think it will be coming off the turntable any time soon:

I had pretty much resigned myself to never getting a copy of that. Pretty psyched, and have now turned up the stereo to window rattling levels and am just playing Soft Serve repeatedly.

Nice college buddy there pal, that's a great album.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Sheep posted:

Looks great, I like it.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Sheep posted:

Tight

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Spinning Waka/Jawaka which was released 50 years ago today. One of my top 5 Zappa albums, and it has my favorite steel guitar solo ever on this track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rZiu9QPhAQ

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

wa27 posted:

Is there anything that can be done about inner groove distortion? It's been driving me nuts lately. A couple of the records I posted about recently just sound awful as they get toward the center. I've noticed it on brand new records too (the Magical Mystery Tour I got from uDiscover comes to mind). Do different cartridges handle this better than others? Do I need to re-align my cart?

I sometimes wonder how vinyl is considered an audiophile format when I (a decidedly NON-stickler for quality) can notice the inner groove distortion.

I wound up getting a microline stylus and it effectively eliminated it entirely:

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/at-vm95ml

also noticed reduced surface noise. plus these are rated for like 800-1000 hours of play, as opposed to most styluses which I believe are 200-400? for the price they're quite good, especially if you already have an AT cart, you can save $20

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Took forever to get here but this is rad as hell and my living room is shaking

https://twitter.com/angrygodofjebus/status/1544414585033310210?t=0JGlL2OnyCO56A4EmFvQCg

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Discogs app on iOS is just permanently broken these days right? Every time I’ve idly attempted to use it in the last few months has just resulted in an error when logging in.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It seems to work for me

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Weird, a friend said a while back he had issues too so I just assumed it was a widely known issue. How are you logging in, user/pass? I’ll delete the app and reinstall and see if that helps at all.

I seem to go between different errors, the one (not the one I’m having right now) reads like a site wide outage.

E: tried again and got the more ‘site wide’ style error rather than the generic one I got earlier.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Discogs app on iOS is just permanently broken these days right? Every time I’ve idly attempted to use it in the last few months has just resulted in an error when logging in.

It’s working alright for me. I don’t use it much, but it was pretty handy combined with VinylBox to scan my collection’s UPCs and have them added.

Bog standard username and password for login. They do seem to have response time issues on occasion too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A reinstall logged in first time at least, hopefully that’s fixed whatever gremlin I had. Glad I checked with you guys now!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

it doesnt like you being logged in on your phones browser and the app at the same time so it'll log you out of one or the other depending on what you regularly use, but if you're on IOS you can turn on the phones VPN service and that gets you around that issue because that issue will lock up the app occasionally I've found.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Jesus the app is such hot garbage I uninstalled it a while ago, what the hell.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

pwn posted:

Jesus the app is such hot garbage I uninstalled it a while ago, what the hell.

I only use it to scan barcodes/lookup albums to add. Oh and check my wishlist in the record store. It does those things fine. What is wrong with it?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I find it slow and a pain in the rear end to navigate for the most part.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

sporklift posted:

I only use it to scan barcodes/lookup albums to add. Oh and check my wishlist in the record store. It does those things fine. What is wrong with it?

Lack of fuzzy search drives me up the wall.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

SwimNurd posted:

Lack of fuzzy search drives me up the wall.

Yeah. That is pretty annoying and I imagine you do it on a much bigger scale haha. They have a huge database of album cover images. Hopefully one day they will implement photo search.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Finally snagged a copy of the reissue at a fair price (had to import it from Denmark because US based sellers were charging $15+ more than it costed to just buy it from the Denmark based retailer).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

EL BROMANCE posted:

The app is just trash. I deleted it from my phone and just use the mobile webpage.

dorium posted:

Finally snagged a copy of the reissue at a fair price (had to import it from Denmark because US based sellers were charging $15+ more than it costed to just buy it from the Denmark based retailer).

Lately I've found more and more that even with international shipping a lot of poo poo is actually cheaper to buy from European sellers.