Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/status/1542892707110162433?s=21&t=41Q1boJMarrqnCfZ7mwgSw

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

:hmmyes:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

we stan our short kings here

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Is there a bail fund for that guy?

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/JimBreuer/status/1542918788449939458?s=20&t=PzXJF1XXzmB8vI_ccJH-gg

Get ready to lol

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

not sure if real, seems unlikely

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

missin our bird

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

erosion posted:

I really enjoy the idea of you hanging out in Australia with Sakkman and getting up to hijinx together. Let's make that happen.

yea Sakkman and a friend who's an experienced bartender is a great idea

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

he's an influencer now just releasing the whole thing for free

e: holy poo poo those eyebags

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

we just call it the tromp thread

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

President

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
are harland williams and guillermo diaz still cool?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

tenderjerk posted:

fuckign idiot thread, yeah let's run all the good posters out so we can get more livejournal bullshit and just poo poo out all the tweets you saw that day that you like

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

tenderjerk posted:

buddykins i have a knife in my hands

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

It's the N-word

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

tenderjerk posted:

fuckign idiot thread, yeah let's run all the good posters out so we can get more livejournal bullshit and just poo poo out all the tweets you saw that day that you like

Stop going through my post history.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

BAE OF PIGS posted:

It's the N-word

Nuclear?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I'll buy you an avatar tenderjerk, what do you want? A cartoon character like those crazy ones from Japan?

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Oglethorpe posted:

he's an influencer now just releasing the whole thing for free

e: holy poo poo those eyebags

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Ntrump!

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

emfive posted:

I'll buy you an avatar tenderjerk, what do you want? A cartoon character like those crazy ones from Japan?

I was thinking about you the other day. Can't remember why, but it had something to do with getting old and having old people thoughts.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I feel like emfive at my job because I'm 10-15 years older than most and I'm imparting my wisdom to them.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

I heard tenderjerk likes anthropomorphic chipmunks

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Like when talking about social security I remind them America won't exist by the time they would qualify.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I was thinking about you the other day. Can't remember why, but it had something to do with getting old and having old people thoughts.

Thank you, I am touched. One of the things I think about now that I'm old is working really hard not to fall down. I used to fall down all the time because I am by nature a complete oaf, but I am getting pretty good at it now.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Bearjew posted:

I heard tenderjerk likes anthropomorphic chipmunks

Holy poo poo a talking bear

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

emfive posted:

Thank you, I am touched. One of the things I think about now that I'm old is working really hard not to fall down. I used to fall down all the time because I am by nature a complete oaf, but I am getting pretty good at it now.

For me it's getting out of a chair without groaning like it's some kind of herculean task. Im getting worse, though.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Like when talking about social security I remind them America won't exist by the time they would qualify.

I didn't get a job recently because they said they wanted somebody "more experienced at mentoring", which was a gigantic red flag and also hilarious. If they had hired me and handed me a couple of cheap new-grads to "mentor" (also I hate that word) I would have taught them to be communists or at least anarchists.

Here's a lesson for younger people (for example): never under any circumstances think about your employer's budget or money or anything. Take anything and everything you can get. If they're in financial trouble you're hosed anyway.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
the first 5 minutes are just him raging about not being allowed a venue because of vaccines

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
He's the puppet guy right

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

also: mandatory annual training things are pretty much always a way for the corporation to throw you under a bus if something bad happens. "The employee attended training classes and yet this still happened, she must be a bad person." Especially at banks with "anti money-laundering training". Everything is bullshit. Oh look it's 4:00 I need a beer, enough mentoring for today chappies.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hope he does the goat boy bit. epic.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Goat boy for president

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

don't get me wrong, I think young new-grads (or old new-grads) should get jobs and should get relevant training, but at that place or almost any other place there's no structure, no curriculum, no monitoring or testing or evaluation or anything. It's just management being lazy as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

emfive posted:

also: mandatory annual training things are pretty much always a way for the corporation to throw you under a bus if something bad happens. "The employee attended training classes and yet this still happened, she must be a bad person." Especially at banks with "anti money-laundering training". Everything is bullshit. Oh look it's 4:00 I need a beer, enough mentoring for today chappies.

Yeah, I have some anti-bribery poo poo sitting in the LMS I need to go through. I usually just hit play on those and let it play on one of the monitors without sound. I'll look at that screen every few minutes and click on 'bad' when there's a question like 'is bribery good or bad?'