Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just tuned into to whole lot of robo crotch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

man i can't imagine following up that mario relay race but this dude did it and the crowd rightfully loved it

now i really need to goddamn sleep

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Let's go HAW HAW HAW HAW

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm so glad they are using a skip cutscene mod. It's the only thing that makes a speedrun of this game bearable.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

They've gone in 18 minutes to Besaid temple which would've probably taken about an hour casually with cutscenes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

I'm so glad they are using a skip cutscene mod. It's the only thing that makes a speedrun of this game bearable.

Great mod or greatest mod?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

And they run out the clock!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

This may have been mentioned before but earlier today half of the Portal 2 TAS run was simply waiting for dialog to stop because you can't go to the next level until it does. Although it's fun seeing all the goofy things the TAS does while it waits for the dialog, I do kinda want to see the alternate version of the run where they just mod out the dialog completely so clipping through the elevator ASAP is the fastest way to run.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love how the runners actually constantly refer to Tidus as AHAHAHAHA instead of going immediately back to the canon name like in some naming incentive runs.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
HOME RUN!

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Love JRPG runs at GDQs. Always so comfy. (Skipping cutscenes is god tier).

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Barudak posted:

Great mod or greatest mod?

It's got pretty stiff competition, even just inside the "cutscene skip" genre.

Monster hunter world is practically unplayable without

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

The FFX run was fantastic if you like JRPG runs, great chemistry between runner and couch. Highly recommended.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you kill people fast enough it doesn't count as a murder

Thank you Kojima

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 2, 2022

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
one of the few games where you can punch guards in the balls and its an instant KO

a true masterpiece

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
That Turbo On/Off noise is the loving VATS Selection sfx from Fallout.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ravus posted:

The FFX run was fantastic if you like JRPG runs, great chemistry between runner and couch. Highly recommended.

had some real good 4 AM at denny's energy, i loved it

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just swim through the wall.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

MGS speedruns are always pretty fun because it's really interesting seeing all the ai manipulation stuff.

When I play them casually I end up playing so safe and slow, but you can push these guards so far before you actually get spotted and it's neat watching people push their luck to go fast.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
20 metal gear rays still sounds absurd to me even after I actually played through that section lol

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
"I'm old; I'm thirty" is a real gamer phrase

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Also I really like the more and more lately speedrunners have been allowing things like turbo in.

Sure you could argue that your ability to mash is part of your ability to play a game quickly, but it's so physically demanding and will literally destroy your hands eventually.

The community has been doing a rad job lately of allowing more accessibility and features that prioritize staying healthy while still enabling competition.

I'd extend this to things like allowing share saved files to start runs at to skip 10 minute intros or w/e, just let the runs be more fun to perform and don't worry so much about the 'purity' of the speedrun or w/e

Gamerofthegame posted:

I mean, :same:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gamerofthegame posted:

as soon as the counter ticks over and you hit 30 you get immediately and simultaneously hit by wrist debuff, hair debuff, waistline debuff, etc.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i hope the reason they're not feeling good isn't covid :(

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I do appreciate him saying just how unnerving doing this type of stuff is for such a big audience.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blank Construct posted:

20 metal gear rays still sounds absurd to me even after I actually played through that section lol

To this day it bugs me the trick isn't you have to destory the one labled R053

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

super meat boy being 12 years old is not really that surprising to me, there are certainly even older XBLA games, next year will be braid's 15th anniversary

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
can't believe it's already the final day. I've been so busy I've missed at least 80% of the runs this week :smith: lots of vods to catch up on later i guess

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Super Meat Boy on Stadia when

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

site posted:

can't believe it's already the final day. I've been so busy I've missed at least 80% of the runs this week :smith: lots of vods to catch up on later i guess
there are so many vods from the past couple of years i still have to catch up on :X

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Meat Boy runs are always so impressive

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

They are, and I like that this guy is just repeatedly going for the hard strats. I love seeing what the craziest poo poo looks like.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Also I really like the more and more lately speedrunners have been allowing things like turbo in.

Sure you could argue that your ability to mash is part of your ability to play a game quickly, but it's so physically demanding and will literally destroy your hands eventually.

The community has been doing a rad job lately of allowing more accessibility and features that prioritize staying healthy while still enabling competition.
Last year at a con I buddied up with an ex-speedrunner. Ex because of that reason. He didn't know he had joint problems, so rapidly mashing in weird hand positions, week after week for two years sped that up :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah if the resident evil community hadn't allowed controller mapping software for stair skating i never would've have started running remake. I'm 36 and not at all about to start button mashing all the time. no thank you

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
"These jumps are very hard!"

IMMEDIATELY dies. Just incredible timing.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
gently caress you GDQ! I’ve had “Daytonaaaaaaaaa” stuck in my head for the last week! :mad:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

site posted:

Same, sucks. Miss being able to no-life GDQs.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

argh i gotta take care of something so will miss the first half hour of wind waker

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
pausa is the perfect link name for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
aw, no Italian run?