Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

jack pobosociec was in the military and his job was handing the piss samples

Lt. Pissbottle, reporting for duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Wait no duh Lt. Pissobiec

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

petit choux posted:

Yeah, keep your day job

Lpzie posted:

ty for ur input. anything else from the peanut gallery???

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Pissssss

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Alec, his vlog muted

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

emfive posted:

Alec, his vlog muted

A cautionary tale

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the guy that runs the piss tests in the military is known as the pecker checker and literally has to watch the piss come out of your dick.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i don’t know what the female term is cause i was never present during their piss tests of course.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's something Nigerian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W41TT8g3MnQ

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

ram dass in hell posted:

provision 6 subsection 3.1.a, having your monitor off

:trumppop:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
best way to take a piss test in the military was to do it when you had to take a poo poo so they had to sit there with you making GBS threads in an open stall and peeing into a cup for them while you sit there.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

idk about you but I love music

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lastgirl, on her own terms

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

tacodaemon posted:

idk about you but I love music

I'm deaf

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the O'Donnell Street viaduct over the scrapyard and railroad tracks has one of the finest vistas in all Baltimore. I was obsessed with it when I was a little kid and most of my family lived around Patterson Park

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

fuckign idiot thread, yeah let's run all the good posters out so we can get more livejournal bullshit and just poo poo out all the tweets you saw that day that you like

lol....

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

they're gonna run tenderfoot out by not giving 'em a av. insanity! these people are too strong.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lpzie posted:

she had to bail because sources tell me she's about to be indicted by the 1/6 committee for being the pipe bomber

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Buddykins, when his septum perforated

Shaka when the bourbon ran dry

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Lpzie posted:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

tacodaemon posted:

the O'Donnell Street viaduct over the scrapyard and railroad tracks has one of the finest vistas in all Baltimore. I was obsessed with it when I was a little kid and most of my family lived around Patterson Park

I used to be obsessed with the idea of making a model train set that reproduced ordinary awful-looking stuff, like gas stations with weeds growing through cracks in the pavement, lovely ugly office buildings, etc

I kind-of still am

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

probably because I grew up (from age 7 or 8) in DFW, and boy is there a lot of incredible source material there

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
One time the occupational health lab called me to ask if I could come over and watch a guy piss for DOT or something because it was all women in the lab. Ma'am, this is the MRI department. Also, you are in another building 5 blocks away.

This is apparently the actual policy, to randomly call departments at the hospital 5 blocks away to see if someone could just come be executive producer for the piss tape.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

You definitely went to watch that guy piss, right

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Big Wet rear end

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You definitely went to watch that guy piss, right

your speech-to-text-to-post is on!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SirPablo posted:

Big Wet rear end

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
watching dudes piss is a tough job, but someone has to do it :patriot:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Giant snails that can grow up to eight inches long, the size of a rat, have forced an entire Florida town into quarantine.

The invasive shelled gastropods, which are native to Africa, are carrying the parasite lungworm that leads to meningitis in humans.

This quarantine will last for two years, but unlike the coronavirus lockdowns, residents are just prohibited from moving plants, soil, yard waste, debris, compost and building materials outside the zone.

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) confirmed the creature had settled in the city of Port Richey, just north of Tampa, on June 23 and the area was quarantined the next day.
The snail is also damaging to the environment, feasting on more than 500 different plants, and has a taste for concrete, which is detrimental to infrastructure.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, land snails were first spotted in southern Florida in the 1960s and it took nearly 10 years and $1 million to rid the area of them.
These snails reproduce quickly, making about 1,200 eggs in a year.

'Each snail contains both female and male reproductive organs,' the United States Department of Agriculture said in a statement.

The snails are also hard to eradicate because they do not have any natural predators. Each snail can live up to nine years and grow to be eight inches in length, roughly the size of an adult's hand from tip of the finger to the crease under the palm.

Treatment to eradicate this pest began on Wednesday, June 29, 2022, which is using a pesticide called metaldehyde that's known for controlling snails and slugs.

'After a single mating, each snail can produce 100 to 500 eggs.
'These snails can reproduce several more times without mating again. They can generate clutches of eggs every two to three months.'

The snail is out
The snail is out

Eat the concrete
Yes...YES!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1543221597330350087

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Bethamphetamine posted:

The snail is out
The snail is out

Eat the concrete
Yes...YES!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The smartest minds are on this thing that certainly won’t be made illegal

https://www.post-gazette.com/busine...es/202207010103

quote:

A little used health care benefit that allows the insured to travel out of state for specialized medical care is getting new attention in the wake of the Supreme Court ruling that ended the constitutional protection for abortion.

Health insurers Highmark and UPMC Health Plan are exploring ways to give insured client organizations with employees in states such as West Virginia that are restricting or banning abortions the option of extending travel benefits for care to their workers. In statements on Friday, the two Pittsburgh-based insurers said they were working with individual, self-insured clients. Aetna parent CVS Health and Cigna have also said they are doing the same.

“UPMC Health Plan is working to evaluate the needs of our employer clients, their employees and families and to ensure that all of our members have clear, concise and up-to-date information on how to access reproductive health services — no matter where they live and work,” UPMC said in a statement.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

emfive posted:

I used to be obsessed with the idea of making a model train set that reproduced ordinary awful-looking stuff, like gas stations with weeds growing through cracks in the pavement, lovely ugly office buildings, etc

I kind-of still am

oh you'll love this: https://themorningnews.org/gallery/trainset-ghetto

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

no dash.... interesting car.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

as I said, I've spent my whole life first in Baltimore and then in DC so urban vistas like those bring back childhood memories lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

also lol that tie

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Seth Dillon is the guy who runs the Babylon Bee

https://twitter.com/KatyMontgomerie/status/1543184810918793219

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/twinkophrenia/status/1543146515580993539