Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I liked how Linhardt just plain wasn't interested in Shez's whole deal and Shez was offended by that.

And I love how nonchalant Lin is about it. So you can make a sword out of thin air, I can go to the armory and get one. Call me when you can make other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Eimi posted:

And I love how nonchalant Lin is about it. So you can make a sword out of thin air, I can go to the armory and get one. Call me when you can make other things.

"But what if I -could-?"
"Wait really?!? :haw:"
"I dunno. Maybe?"
":mad:"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Still gushing over the amount of polish and love that went into this. Certain characters that have special relationships, even if they don't have any supports with each other, still get unique lines. E.g. I just had a 500 kill streak as Constance in her depressed mood and she does her usual "I won only because the enemy didn't really try" line and to my surprise Ferdinand piped up with "your power is truly unrivaled, Constance, you do not have to berate yourself like this!"

It's cool because they didn't give them any new supports but still remembered they had a history together + I assume Ferdinand's line changes depending on whether it's a day or night map, considering Constance's mood swings. And it shows how much love and care went into the writing of this that they'd go the extra mile for those kinds of interactions.

Likewise the unique lines for certain combinations of paired up characters when you do your special attack, which even change depending on which one initiates the attack and which one follows up on it!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eimi posted:

This is why I'm trying to hook him and Bernadetta up.

Berbert 4 ever

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Deltasquid posted:

Still gushing over the amount of polish and love that went into this. Certain characters that have special relationships, even if they don't have any supports with each other, still get unique lines. E.g. I just had a 500 kill streak as Constance in her depressed mood and she does her usual "I won only because the enemy didn't really try" line and to my surprise Ferdinand piped up with "your power is truly unrivaled, Constance, you do not have to berate yourself like this!"

It's cool because they didn't give them any new supports but still remembered they had a history together + I assume Ferdinand's line changes depending on whether it's a day or night map, considering Constance's mood swings. And it shows how much love and care went into the writing of this that they'd go the extra mile for those kinds of interactions.

Likewise the unique lines for certain combinations of paired up characters when you do your special attack, which even change depending on which one initiates the attack and which one follows up on it!

Yeah, it could just be the shiny new game honeymoon phase, but I think I might actually like this game more than three houses, scored overall

and then it's also a phenomenal musou game on top of that

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Deltasquid posted:

Claude: It's all you, Hilda!
Hilda: No, it's all you, Claude!
Claude: All of it???

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I played 3 houses when it launched and did all the routes but church. Didn't bother with the DLC so I have no idea who this lady I recruited with a thousand yard stare is and this other lady who doesn't seem to give a poo poo about literally anything but cool.

Doing Eagles as it's what I started with in Three Houses, I already like this more than Byleth blank slate staring at people and them liking him Extra Hard.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
https://twitter.com/Norue67/status/1542991402178592768

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Who can have thoughts when you're surrounded by that many pretty women?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I played 3 houses when it launched and did all the routes but church. Didn't bother with the DLC so I have no idea who this lady I recruited with a thousand yard stare is and this other lady who doesn't seem to give a poo poo about literally anything but cool.

Doing Eagles as it's what I started with in Three Houses, I already like this more than Byleth blank slate staring at people and them liking him Extra Hard.

No, I think you've summed them up quite well.

Thousand yard stare lady: Former noblewoman of House Nuvelle, as she will tell you in great detail if you give her the slightest chance. Half crazy magic scientist, half depressed - literally. In Three Houses, her magic inventions included rainbow-colored tea and boots that taste like licorice to facilitate easier boot licking and they don't get any worse in Three Hopes. Should be raining Bolting down from a pegasus, but that class isn't in the game.

Doesn't give a poo poo about literally anything: Fourth Dark Magic user in Three Houses, you probably know what that means. Summons monsters when she sighs. Unfortunately nobody has yet realized how valuable those weapon and material drops are and that she could become rich, but she does learn to lead an army of monsters in some of her endings.

As for the other DLC characters, you will also find an evil crimeboss, now with a new outfit that screams "Seriously, guys, I'm a villain.", and a half-naked guy who likes brawling, alcohol and MILFs.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Eimi posted:

Who can have thoughts when you're surrounded by that many pretty women?

:hmmyes:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
after having spent time with jeralt i have decided that i am okay forgiving the ashen demon because i shall get my revenge by loving their dad

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I wish the Slitherers were playable so I could kill Jeralt as Kronya.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Flytrap posted:

after having spent time with jeralt i have decided that i am okay forgiving the ashen demon because i shall get my revenge by loving their dad

Turns out this whole thing was a plot to get her dad laid so he'd move on from his dead wife.

Byleth is always one step ahead of you.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

I wish the Slitherers were playable so I could kill Jeralt as Kronya.
villains are easy DLC fodder

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Flytrap posted:

Too bad Three Hopes is romance free, otherwise Shez would have become Hilda's newest sibling for me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Too bad Three Hopes is romance free, otherwise Shez would have become Hilda's newest sibling for me.

Welp, game ruined. Uninstalling.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Flytrap posted:

Manuela, stop drunk posting

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Amppelix posted:

villains are easy DLC fodder

Just give us a Slitherer campaign, I want to see the wacky adventures of Thales, Solon, Kronya and Cleobulus.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I would pay good money for a romance dlc. It suuuuuuuuucks not having it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Given how the routes all seem to end, it wouldn't make sense.

That part sucks for a variety of reasons, though

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
You could just have the Slither route be a prequel showing them setting up their dastardly schemes for TH/3H and hopefully actually explain what their deal is since we still don’t know anything about them. Oh who am I kidding, they’ve had a DLC and a Warriors spinoff to do that and they still haven’t, in fact they’ve literally added more questions!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Eimi posted:

I would pay good money for a romance dlc. It suuuuuuuuucks not having it.

Honestly I don't mind the lack of romance. What I mind is the more attractive to me designs and characters in terms of pairing my self insert with. Granted as a gay guy who doesn't like overly pretty boys I'm either screwed or forced to play female.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Judge Tesla posted:

Just give us a Slitherer campaign, I want to see the wacky adventures of Thales, Solon, Kronya and Cleobulus.

We've got enough mages already, thanks.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Alacron posted:

We've got enough mages already, thanks.

That's why you reclass Solon into a War Master.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Getting even more mad about gender locked classes because it means I'll never get to see Pega Pony Princess Solon

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Honestly I don't mind the lack of romance. What I mind is the more attractive to me designs and characters in terms of pairing my self insert with. Granted as a gay guy who doesn't like overly pretty boys I'm either screwed or forced to play female.

If we are wishing for something of that sort, might as well wish for more options there.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I mean this game is far more openly gay than 3H so I think they'd be more willing to not leave the guys as screwed as they were in Houses.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
just imagine any character kissing any other character in your mind, why do you need Nintendo to spell it out

thinking about solon kissing cyril as we speak

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sudden Javelin posted:

just imagine any character kissing any other character in your mind, why do you need Nintendo to spell it out

thinking about solon kissing cyril as we speak

That doesn't give the same satisfaction as the devs showing that yes, your opinion is the right one.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does the item you recieve for using your Merc Whistle carry over to NG+?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Yep, though the merc whistle itself does not if you forgot to use it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tricky posted:

Yep, though the merc whistle itself does not if you forgot to use it.

So in theory i can play through the game like a dozen times and get items for all the good abilities

Not like im gonna do that or anything but it definitely affects what pick

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Have you seen Yuri and Sylvain’s support yet? You might want to seek that one out for… reasons

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I am not sure why you'd ever want to use the merc whistle for its mechanical benefit

Shez's dash is the most powerful move bar none as is

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Gamerofthegame posted:

I am not sure why you'd ever want to use the merc whistle for its mechanical benefit

You can give the merc whistle item to other people, for what it's worth

Want a Lysithea with Lorenz's Rose Shield? go for it

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Anyone can use the item it gives, not just Shez.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

That makes more sense.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Re: NG+ mechanics, I'm a little salty that everything seems to be "a story mission" that you can't use your full roster on, but the exact same mission in the Records is not. I've already beat the game once, I don't care if Byleth is fighting themselves in Chapter 3 on a different route, there's literally nothing apart from "available renown" stopping me from whistling through the entire campaign, let me field who I want the first time around :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

DC Murderverse posted:

Have you seen Yuri and Sylvain’s support yet? You might want to seek that one out for… reasons

Currently on GW so no, haven't seen it yet.