Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

meta² posted:

Sooo, sold my switch many years ago after beating Mario and Zelda.

I have a 24 hour flight to see my dad in Bangkok so I bought a new switch to keep me company. Anyone have any good recommendations to keep me busy on my flight?

Here’s my list at the moment:
- Replay BotW
- Kirby
- Witcher 3
- Animal Crossing

what kinda games do you like? there's a lot of very good 6-10 hour ish indie games on the switch, you could play hyperlight drifter and cuphead from start to finish in a 24 hour flight

e: katana zero would also be a good flight game i think. and my friend pedro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what am I thinking, the best plane game is clearly Picross S

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Mario kart is good if your seatmate is cool. Had a good time racing a salesman from Ohio during a flight to Vegas.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
get everyone together to play Clubhouse Games 51 Clubhouse Classics and start fights over Yahtzee

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Beat this guy's record:

https://twitter.com/blackprints/status/1539489785319915520

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

13 sentinels is cool, it plays a lot better than it looks. lol at the sexy doctor though, very on brand for Vanillaware

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
13 sentinels is very tame by vanillaware standards

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Mario kart is good if your seatmate is cool. Had a good time racing a salesman from Ohio during a flight to Vegas.

did you gently caress

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gonna be rough.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Morter posted:

I'll forgive it because I got it cheap and it's got fun combat, but why in the gently caress is there so much potty talk in Ys VIII? Pissing and making GBS threads and farting. Literally.

I'm not offended by it but it seems like such a bizarre writing choice. Do the other Ys games have that element of childish humor in them?

Edit: To be fair, it's all from one guy, but still...

The best part about these screenshots is the other characters facing away from the screen. Imagine their facial expressions, lol

meta² posted:

I have a 24 hour flight to see my dad in Bangkok so I bought a new switch to keep me company. Anyone have any good recommendations to keep me busy on my flight?

- Replay BotW
- Kirby
- Witcher 3
- Animal Crossing

Into the Breach

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dread

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Chiming in to say that Neon White is indeed cool and good and not too hard on the hands. At least not during the first world.

Also the humor is landing more than I'd expect based on the character art.

mistermojo posted:

13 sentinels is cool, it plays a lot better than it looks. lol at the sexy doctor though, very on brand for Vanillaware

Haven't played any of their other games but my wife and I are well into that one (and almost done). I halfway think they did it just to check off a trope checkbox and I halfway think they did it to distract from some of her other features.

But I wholly recognize the main reason why they did it. God bless Nintendo's horniest console :911:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Sudden Javelin posted:

did you gently caress

Tugged him off under the complimentary blanket

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I bounced off all the Monster Hunter demos, but finally decided to order Rise from my library to try it out.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Gonna be rough.

That guy’s coming home in a body bag.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

anyway Metroidvanias ftw for long play sessions so also get Castlevania Advance Collection and Hollow Knight

Oh and obviously metroid dread lol

I'm a lot farther in now and I again have to recommend Ender Lillies to anyone who likes hollow knight

Ori, also

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Tugged him off under the complimentary blanket

Good that you didn't leave him with blue shells.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

WHY BONER NOW posted:

The best part about these screenshots is the other characters facing away from the screen. Imagine their facial expressions, lol

what do they look like

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

KingSlime posted:

Maybe I just have bad eyes and don't notice the dips as much on the small screen? W/e, I'm already 40 hours deep I'm not about to restart on the PC version

I have 100 hours on Switch and about 40 on PC :getin:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://twitter.com/DFC_JP/status/1543211464278024197

The Diofield Chronicle launches 09/22/2022. Wonder how it'll run.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

meta² posted:

noob

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

meta² posted:

- Replay BotW
- Kirby
- Witcher 3
- Animal Crossing

Binding of Isaac

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

meta² posted:

- Replay BotW
- Kirby
- Witcher 3
- Animal Crossing
Metroid Dread

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

beer gas canister posted:

Binding of Isaac

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

meta² posted:

- Replay BotW
- Kirby
- Witcher 3
- Animal Crossing

balan wonderworld

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

beer gas canister posted:

Binding of Isaac

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

meta² posted:

- Replay BotW
- Kirby
- Witcher 3
- Animal Crossing

13 Sentinels, that's what I had for when I did a lot of train trips and flights this year.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm going to recommend into the breach, slay the spire and grindstone. They're turn based, good for an environment where you're likely to be distracted, and they work well without sound, good for an environment where you're likely to distract others

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

obvious answer but any of the Picross S games are really good cos you can also listen to an audiobook or podcast while you play

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
I picked up Later Alligator which is 50% off right now. It’s a point and click adventure. It’s sort of like Professor Layton with basic puzzles. The puzzles or mini games aren’t always great, but it’s super cute and charming. It’s short, but replayable if you want to complete all the puzzles.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/later-alligator

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Neon white is now the second best switch game after all the picross titles. Some of the humor is kind of cringy though. Still not poo poo tier like borderlands 3 though.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Yellow Ant posted:

I picked up Later Alligator which is 50% off right now. It’s a point and click adventure. It’s sort of like Professor Layton with basic puzzles. The puzzles or mini games aren’t always great, but it’s super cute and charming. It’s short, but replayable if you want to complete all the puzzles.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/later-alligator

oh poo poo, thanks! I completely forgot about this game and didn't know it was on switch. Saw a streamer play it and found it really cute and funny.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing the Live A Live demo, and it's fun so far. Apparently they put three complete stories in, and you can continue into the full game later if you want. Sweet!

They also seemed to upgrade not only the graphics, but also the interface. (Though to be fair I've played only the Ninja so far, and that guy's story I've played on emulator for less than 4 nano seconds. Still, looks and plays nice. I'm fairly sure neither the radar nor the map were there in the original SNES-game.)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

I take 10+ hour flights with some regularity and quit bringing all the trappings (including Switch) as well. A small carry on with a toothbrush, charger, etc. It is kinda rough not to bring your own earphones, headphones, or earplugs, but maybe they were in his pocket. If I’m particularly into a game or a book at the moment I’ll bring the Switch and/or Kindle.

I see a lot of seasoned travelers minimize their carry ons. Ten hours (that’s not even a very long flight) isn’t a jail sentence you need to prep for. If you don’t have work to do, a lot of us would probably be better off with just light in-flight entertainment and napping. Take a break from life. Tell your doc you have a fear of flying, get a couple Xanax, melt into your seat. Playing Switch the entire flight sounds kind of tiring.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fly Ricky posted:

I take 10+ hour flights with some regularity and quit bringing all the trappings (including Switch) as well. A small carry on with a toothbrush, charger, etc. It is kinda rough not to bring your own earphones, headphones, or earplugs, but maybe they were in his pocket. If I’m particularly into a game or a book at the moment I’ll bring the Switch and/or Kindle.

I see a lot of seasoned travelers minimize their carry ons. Ten hours (that’s not even a very long flight) isn’t a jail sentence you need to prep for. If you don’t have work to do, a lot of us would probably be better off with just light in-flight entertainment and napping. Take a break from life. Tell your doc you have a fear of flying, get a couple Xanax, melt into your seat. Playing Switch the entire flight sounds kind of tiring.

I think being on a 10-hour anything without any distraction would either legit kill me or everyone cursed with sitting too close

Who the gently caress naps for 10+ hours straight? That's more than a full night's sleep! That sounds more like a dangerous sleeping disorder than normal human behavior :stare:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just lmao if you don’t have a mindscape you can retreat into for hours at a time

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Play Fire Emblem 3 Hoes on the plane.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Welp, unfortunately, I'm poo poo out of luck. They found my Switch, but it didn't quite survive.

The white sticker on the bottom had the ink burned off, so it's unreadable. Likewise, the dock is probably just a hunk of melted plastic (the Switch was in the dock, so if they found the Switch but not the dock, it's probably toast). The box it came in was next to the Switch, so it's absolutely completely turned to ashes. The MicroSD card is perfectly fine! But without being able to get into my Nintendo account, it doesn't help.

So yeah. The lesson is, write down the serial number on all your electronics, store it somewhere that isn't your house, store it in Google Drive, somewhere away from your electronics that won't also get lost if your house is lost. This was a really loving expensive lesson for me to learn, over a thousand dollars of games lost, as well as all my save data. Don't make the mistake I did!

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
You might be able get your serial number via your Nintendo account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

If you can pin down the exact transaction, store, date and time the store could reprint your receipt and that may have the SN on it. Worked for my Beats ear buds.