Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Admiralty Flag posted:

Buc-ee's gimmick (well, one of them) is that in spite of looking like a truck stop no 18 wheelers are in fact allowed, so your darling cherubim Mackyalya and Logynn won't have to deal with those smelly truck driving perverts doing sinister things like...shopping, existing, using the toilets, and waiting to use the showers (egad! Enrique, my fainting couch!).

Its wild seeing so many takes from people.

Buccees got popular becuase they were KNOWN to have clean restrooms. Everything buccees is today is becuase everyone who drove by one knew it was a safe place to go to the bethroom.

How is this some local secret?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Nazattack posted:

Buccees got popular becuase they were KNOWN to have clean restrooms. Everything buccees is today is becuase everyone who drove by one knew it was a safe place to go to the bethroom.

because nobody outside of wherever the gently caress you are has ever even seen a buck eez

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I lived in Texas for almost 5 years and never saw a Buc-ee's.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

hooah posted:

I lived in Texas for almost 5 years and never saw a Buc-ee's.

You have to know the right exits to take.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
And the hoagie had a HOOK for a HAND

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

50s: teens gather at the drive-in for the food and socializing and street racing

2020s: teens gather at the mall sized gas station on the freeway for the clean bathrooms

:911:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
In Canada our rest stops are run by the Provincial government and each one has a timmies

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

bunnyofdoom posted:

In Canada our rest stops are run by the Provincial government and each one has a timmies

Daddy's timmies?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

White Light posted:

What is this tiny spit of meat I'm looking at here? Where's the rest of the meal?

The paper is not even moist.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

looks like unseasoned boiled boneless rib meat pieces. If someone served me that I'd ask to the see the chef, so I could berate him and possibly punch his lights out for serving me dog food instead of a real meal.

It’s clearly brisket and if you don’t even know what brisket looks like maybe you’re not the one to be questioning the chef.

Still looks like a crap meal, though.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

ONRoutes are prime liminal spaces, they're all the same so you could be anywhere or potentially everywhere at the same time

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Killingyouguy! posted:

ONRoutes are prime liminal spaces, they're all the same so you could be anywhere or potentially everywhere at the same time

That being said I miss the old WWII bunker style ones

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It’s clearly brisket and if you don’t even know what brisket looks like maybe you’re not the one to be questioning the chef.

Still looks like a crap meal, though.

I want to know why it appears to have been anything instead of smoked. Where is the color? It is all dark gray. Is there even any bark?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kwyndig posted:

looks like unseasoned boiled boneless rib meat pieces. If someone served me that I'd ask to the see the chef, so I could berate him and possibly punch his lights out for serving me dog food instead of a real meal.

I understand your position, but you have to remember the person who boiled that meat is a new yorker. They really don't know any better. It's like beating up a child.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dialhforhero posted:

I want to know why it appears to have been anything instead of smoked. Where is the color? It is all dark gray. Is there even any bark?

Yeah the world’s saddest smoke ring and no bark.

The pickles remind me of the time I went to a trendy burger place in Brooklyn. The waiter gives the special burger and says it’s topped with “pickled cucumbers.” I said “Aren’t those just called pickles?” and he just glared at me and probably spit on my burger.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

bunnyofdoom posted:

That being said I miss the old WWII bunker style ones

Loved to stop and get a wendys lunch in the most depressing atmosphere ever constructed by man.

On the other hand lots of them have starbucks now so at least you can get ok coffee now instead of the awful poo poo they sell at tims.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ghosthorse posted:

Loved to stop and get a wendys lunch in the most depressing atmosphere ever constructed by man.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah the world’s saddest smoke ring and no bark.

The pickles remind me of the time I went to a trendy burger place in Brooklyn. The waiter gives the special burger and says it’s topped with “pickled cucumbers.” I said “Aren’t those just called pickles?” and he just glared at me and probably spit on my burger.

Your usernamesake would be ashamed of you

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

shoot him, too. loving break his legs. smash his teeth!

This made me lol. Thank you.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Yq0TRJ5.mp4

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

From the crab, that was pinching my penis

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Dick Ghost has unfinished business

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Nazattack posted:

This is like the secret for rest stops / gas stations though. Can I poo poo here is a BFD.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Nazattack posted:

First time I ever saw a Buc-ee's was back in 2016, visiting my sister in TX. It was already approaching the size of a suburb in its footprint, with the inside having everything you could ever want and then some (including a set of Buc-ee's pjs my sister bought for my daughter as a gift/joke). Even at 15, my daughter was able to identify the capitalist hellscape that was this place.

But I digress. They may have become popular because of clean bathrooms -- though I doubt clean bathrooms alone led to these abominations, especially as, e.g., Love's tends to have clean bathrooms -- but I don't think that's the only reason. Part of it is what must be what Umberto Eco described as "hyperreality": it's the idealized version of a truck stop, a truck stop as run by Disney complete with anthropomorphized quadruped mascot, but without the baggage of an actual truck stop -- no trucks, no truckers, and nothing that 'they' bring with them.

I'll take a Buc-ee's cheese log, a Buc-ee's cheese board in the shape of the state of Texas, and what the hell a Buc-ee's brand meat smoker to go please

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sound on or off, your call:
https://i.imgur.com/QfHRvzz.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Pictures you can smell.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
You think? Definitely lacking in stuff, but there is 0 trash and the carpet looks clean. Better than I did in my first apartment.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It’d be kind of nice to see a series of pictures like that, just a guy trying to incrementally improve his living space with one bit of furniture or decoration at a time.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Where do you get one of those? Is it usb? Wireless?

I want to incorporate it into my mame setup so I can play boon-ga boon-ga the way it was meant to be played

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Are those cheeks the real deal!?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

i like his rear end window lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lmao what is going on with this? Why is the chosen green screen effect a hotel room? Reminds me of the person who setup a full body tracking system in VRChat so he could actually throw himself on furniture while other avatars watched in delight

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Nuts and Gum posted:

lmao what is going on with this? Why is the chosen green screen effect a hotel room? Reminds me of the person who setup a full body tracking system in VRChat so he could actually throw himself on furniture while other avatars watched in delight

I'm assuming the joke is that he's pretending to be at work in an office job, hence also the shirt and tie

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

My Proctology Clinic is the game nobody wanted.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

it's an ad

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

Tenebrais posted:

I'm assuming the joke is that he's pretending to be at work in an office job, hence also the shirt and tie

how can you both be so bad at interpreting a very simple gag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Clearly he's just double booked himself. The business meeting is all hands, and there are stiff penalties for backing out of a fight. So gotta do both.