Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

titty_baby_ posted:

That is literally illegal and ur friend had grounds to sue for wage theft

lmao yes and they’d have to represent themselves in court because they’re clearly poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’ve been listening to the audiobook version of Barbara Tuchman’s The Proud Tower while bicycling and the chapter on working and living conditions in the US is some horrifying stuff and also where we’re headed again, make sure you get that stolen wages suit in real soon.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
slaughterhouse five is the goat of books

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Doing a little market research: how much would you pay for a Trump JOI video NFT?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

emfive posted:

The Kilgore Trout asides are awesome, like the one about the alien from a planet destroyed by cars who came to earth to warn people against inventing cars, so humans invented cars

Cat's Cradle is a masterpiece, but I also like Slaughterhouse and Sirens of Titan. Heck they're all good.

Why oh why did I ever sell this off?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

titty_baby_ posted:

That is literally illegal and ur friend had grounds to sue for wage theft

He was/is an immigrant, neither of us knew that at the time but he also didn’t want to rock the boat. The owner negotiated the amount he owed down out of the kindness of his heart :rolleyes:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Lux Animus posted:

God Vonnegut is such a trip, with so many impactful non-sequiturs. It's pretty easy to blend a lot of his scenic asides together. I need to reread Breakfast of Champions soon, and maybe Slaughterhouse Five too it's been too long.

Wife got me this one of the earlier years we were dating, I love my darn wife

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
had an employer stealing wages from a pushover coworker and so I complained to the local labor board and they told me they'd get back to me in 6 months lol

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Vonnegut honestly ruined reading for me because his books are so funny easy and short that reading other books just seems like a slog

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Tim Heideckers music is borderline boring but it's fun to see him replicating my favorite book designs.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

AxGrap posted:

Vonnegut honestly ruined reading for me because his books are so funny easy and short that reading other books just seems like a slog

So it goes

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
God they are all so good.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
god bless the beautiful boater he had a flag as big as a football field and he took care of it very much

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sailing on the winds with old glory never a more patriotic sight

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I’ve been listening to the audiobook version of Barbara Tuchman’s The Proud Tower while bicycling and the chapter on working and living conditions in the US is some horrifying stuff and also where we’re headed again, make sure you get that stolen wages suit in real soon.

That's a great book, also of course Guns of August. Her First Salute is a very clear explanation of the Yorktown campaign, along with a lot of other stuff.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i didn't know goku knew how to cook

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hello goons. How is it gooning? Heh, hope you have a wonderful holiday. God bless 👋

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The United Nations is the largest human smuggling entity on the planet

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

AxGrap posted:

ok I don't want to start a bad trend but if you have not read Jane Austen's novels (just 6, not long) you are denying yourself a great pleasure. They are not "girl books", they are wonderful.

books are pretty cool

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Books are neat imo

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

a.lo posted:

Hello goons. How is it gooning? Heh, hope you have a wonderful holiday. God bless 👋

eat my poo poo and hair

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

also read The Book Thief, it's categorized as "young adult" but that is publisher bullshit.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

CaptainBeefart posted:

Books are neat imo

what if books… BUT YOU WATCH THEM

I’m calling it “eyeBook” and it will be available… this fall, for only $799 per eyeBook

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

a.lo posted:

Hello! Please don't tattle on any of the day-drinkers over this fine holiday weekend! :angel:

Mayor Dave posted:

i didn't know goku knew how to cook

Goku Especial con papas, por favor

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Lux Animus posted:

Hello! Please don't tattle on any of the day-drinkers over this fine holiday weekend! :angel:

Goku Especial con papas, por favor

por favor, papas frites

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

ram dass in hell posted:

turn on yr monitor!!

:3:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i ate a whole shareable bag of pb m&ms and now i don’t feel so good and sweating a lot. i am in immense agony. this is the worst. goon bye

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

a.lo posted:

i ate a whole shareable bag of pb m&ms and now i don’t feel so good and sweating a lot. i am in immense agony. this is the worst. goon bye

inshallah

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

it's extremely American to eat yourself to death

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chris Christie’s revenge

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Mike pompeo lost weight solely so trump couldn't call him fat

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Nonsense posted:

Chris Christie’s revenge

lmao watching him try and fail to be a trump sycophant was a truly delicious own

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Mike pompeo lost weight solely so trump couldn't call him fat

the obese president who insults other fat people is called Trump which rhymes with “plump”

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Umpires call what the league wants them to call

They’re all graded on ball and strike calls and none of them get fired for this poo poo or even reprimanded so you can only assume they’re making subjective calls to enforce storylines.

All sports are fake

at least in this case it was a Yankees player getting hosed over lol

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

a.lo posted:

I hate when you do things to yourself, my goondolences

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

Nonsense posted:

that dog owns

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Covering this all up so it doesn't matter but I wanted to add a little weather proofing so I have more time to do the cedar shakes. But I had fun with painting and it looks kind of cool. Gotta finish the flashing tape when this dries

I might have to go into that craft/hobbies forum to ask for advice on next steps yikes