Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Papercut posted:

Binged The White Lotus this weekend, I really enjoyed it. It starts off fairly light comedy but has surprising depth and some great dark comedy moments.

Season 1 was great. Excited for season 2. Best show created and written by a former contestant of The Amazing Race and Survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I binged The Bear on Hulu. It was excellent.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Do America is still the better movie, but Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe is still way better than a B&B movie has any right to be in 2022.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm watching right now. I swear the size of the kitchen tripled in size between the first episode and the second, and they added a few new chefs at the same time. Liking it so far, and realizing I've never had a Chicago beef.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

precision posted:

have you met kids? frankly, more of them should be murdered

Do you work for the uvalde Police department?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

White Lotus is pro tier. Extremely my poo poo and the jungle aesthetic is beautiful. I want my house to look like that

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Tim Whatley posted:

Halfway thru but gonna restart because my wife saw an ad and wants to watch it too

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Papercut posted:

Binged The White Lotus this weekend, I really enjoyed it. It starts off fairly light comedy but has surprising depth and some great dark comedy moments.

yeah! very underrated masterpiece imo, doesn't get talked about nearly enough. so many good performances. i love how you slowly discover that literally all of them are complete pieces of poo poo lmao

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Do America is still the better movie, but Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe is still way better than a B&B movie has any right to be in 2022.

I absolutely lost it at the reveal "even though we are the smartest Beavis and Butt-Head, we are still not that bright". There's just something about Judge's delivery with Beavis that I still love all these years later.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i dunno i think Do The Universe might be the best Beavis and Butthead have ever been. it's drat great. i completely lost it at

"only 249 men and 47 women"
"jesus christ!"
"and the russian dog"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

Season 1 was great. Excited for season 2. Best show created and written by a former contestant of The Amazing Race and Survivor.

I went through mike whites filmography after finishing white lotus and was like drat I had no idea he was so prolific. I really just knew him as the teacher in Orange County starting colin hanks, John lithgow, jack black Leslie Mann Catherine O’Hara

gently caress I love that movie dude

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I didn't care much for the white lotus but it was a pretty funny choice to have graphic full frontal male nudity and dudes banging but like one brief shot of a boob

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Peccadillo posted:

I didn't care much for the white lotus but it was a pretty funny choice to have graphic full frontal male nudity and dudes banging but like one brief shot of a boob

Is the choice of male nudity over female nudity funny?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wellington Paranormal is BACK!!!

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

A MIRACLE posted:

I went through mike whites filmography after finishing white lotus and was like drat I had no idea he was so prolific. I really just knew him as the teacher in Orange County starting colin hanks, John lithgow, jack black Leslie Mann Catherine O’Hara

gently caress I love that movie dude

Enlightened is a masterpiece. Just very adult, happy to be complicated and ambiguous, comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

nonathlon posted:

Enlightened is a masterpiece. Just very adult, happy to be complicated and ambiguous, comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Oh for sure. I remember it being a bit cringey to watch at first, but by the end I was absolutely IN IT, and was upset that it wasn't renewed for season 3.

Mike White's season of Survivor was one of the best seasons ever. Survivor season 38: David vs Goliath. I think it's streaming on Netflix right now, and is also on Paramount Plus. He was on the Goliath tribe, as he is a successful Hollywood screenwriter and actor. He placed second. The only other celebrity to go on the show and do as well as him would be Lisa Whelchel, who played Blair on the Facts of Life and also placed second.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Medullah posted:

I absolutely lost it at the reveal "even though we are the smartest Beavis and Butt-Head, we are still not that bright". There's just something about Judge's delivery with Beavis that I still love all these years later.

Yeah, that made me roar. Absolutely brilliant

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
someone go back to 2003 and tell me "in 2022 you will see the best Jackass and Beavis and Butthead movies"

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Saw MAD GOD on shudder. I liked it, but was both grossed out and deeply confused, which I think was the point. Beautifully made though.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I just watched Alligator on Shudder which was a lot better than I was expecting. I got diagnosed with covid (first time!) yesterday so I'm looking forward to working through the Shudder catalogue over the next week.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Octy posted:

I just watched Alligator on Shudder which was a lot better than I was expecting. I got diagnosed with covid (first time!) yesterday so I'm looking forward to working through the Shudder catalogue over the next week.
How do you rate it alongside Crawl, if you've seen that? That film is kind of a recommend tbh, if only to see Barry Pepper grunting while he hits an alligator with a shovel. Also apparently produced by Sam Raimi. Thanks Sam!

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

How do you rate it alongside Crawl, if you've seen that? That film is kind of a recommend tbh, if only to see Barry Pepper grunting while he hits an alligator with a shovel. Also apparently produced by Sam Raimi. Thanks Sam!

Well, Crawl doesn't have Henry Silva in it for a start... and I only have vague recollections of the movie so I can't give an honest comparison.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mcmagic posted:

It's loving insane how much worse this show got from season 1 to season 2 and finally to the complete mess that was season 3.

Yeah, the show huffed too much of its own farts and ending up going inside its own rear end.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

teagone posted:

Yeah, the show huffed too much of its own farts and ending up going inside its own rear end.

I watched the first 4 episodes of s1 when it came out and could already see this coming and decided it was bad

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Cursed Films on Shudder is a pretty solid watch, especially season 2.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Well, I just cancelled my Shudder trial. Way too many buffering and video quality issues that I don't get on other streaming services. On the upside, I have discovered Tubi has all the Full Moon Features movies. I'm currently 'enjoying' Creepozoids (1987).

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Spent the entirety of Season 4 of Stranger Things believing it was the last season and was very confused at the end until I googled and found out there’s actually going to be 5 seasons.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I watched Puppet Master last night which was duller than it had any right to be given the premise. Maybe the later movies are more fun?

Today I watched Lurking Fear which was a forgettable H.P. Lovecraft adaptation, in the way most of them are. I followed it up with Trancers which was full of 80s cheese but surprisingly fun. I don't think I'll watch the other five films in the series, though. To cap it all off, I just finished Shadowzone, a mash up of Alien and The Thing. It actually had an interesting premise but didn't quite stick the landing for me.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
One of the puppetmaster movies is a clip show. Anyway the first and second are the best of at least first 10ish, they were still occasionally stop motion animating them, after that it's just recycling the footage of blade running and puppeting them in front of the camera like action figures by the feet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, the Puppet Master franchise peaks with the first two imo. If you dislike those already, abandon ship because it gets Rough

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
In regards to the Trancers sequels, while I haven't seen them it's a series that people who like the first movie really seem to continue digging. So it might be worth it if you ever feel the need for more Jack Deth in your life.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've only seen the first two Trancers movies, overall the first is a lot better but the second movie has probably the best 30 seconds in film history.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also someone mentioned Future Kick a while back in some thread, that movie takes place entirely within that future bit at the beginning of trancers but also everybody kickboxes all the time.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I watched Nemesis last night, which also took place in a future where everyone kickboxes all the time. It's a fun companion piece to either movie.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

feedmyleg posted:

I watched Nemesis last night, which also took place in a future where everyone kickboxes all the time. It's a fun companion piece to either movie.

Nemesis is completely insane - it’s blatantly a ripoff of like four other movies shoved together into one cyberpunk kickboxing fever dream. Bring back European kickboxer actors!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yes but does it have a nonsense shot of pizza at the end? Point: Future Kick

edit dang this a Pyun joint? I'm interested

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 2, 2022

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
The trailer predictably shows most of the crazy scenes, although it does leave out a few surprises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoG8CyOTQo4

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Crimes of the Future was very good. Viggo and Léa have a magnetic presence so its good that half of the movie are shots of them emoting

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

In regards to the Trancers sequels, while I haven't seen them it's a series that people who like the first movie really seem to continue digging. So it might be worth it if you ever feel the need for more Jack Deth in your life.

I had the second Puppet Master lined up and then I saw your post. I'm 10 minutes into Trancers 2 and have no regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's all downhill after the ham, but it's okay. That ham scene though is actually the pinnacle of entertainment, peak cinema.