Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

AxGrap posted:

Covering this all up so it doesn't matter but I wanted to add a little weather proofing so I have more time to do the cedar shakes. But I had fun with painting and it looks kind of cool. Gotta finish the flashing tape when this dries

I might have to go into that craft/hobbies forum to ask for advice on next steps yikes

DOME!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The fuckdome is nearly complete.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

many have asked “what is dome” but have you ever stopped to wonder…

why is dome?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
cspam dome

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The fuckdome is nearly complete.

oh well that’s why is dome

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

CSPAM 2: BEYOND DOME

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
where are the windows/ ventilation axgrap

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Red Baron posted:

many have asked “what is dome” but have you ever stopped to wonder…

why is dome?

Wisdome

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lookin like a sweat dome

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

if you ride a bike here like me it's more like 1 minute

https://twitter.com/ricsanchez/status/1543000572709724160

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I dome is just a poorly rendered orb if you think about it

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

that is a great project and I am impressed at the progress AxGrap

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

ex post facho posted:

where are the windows/ ventilation axgrap

Trying to get to a point where I can take a beat and think that out.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

a.lo posted:

i ate a whole shareable bag of pb m&ms and now i don’t feel so good and sweating a lot. i am in immense agony. this is the worst. goon bye

you get less of that kind because they have a per serving calories limit

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

once again here's the video I made using a song by a DC band I like with footage from my handlebar camera sped up to 20x speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaaXqU25iFo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dome. Many such cases!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

AxGrap posted:

Covering this all up so it doesn't matter but I wanted to add a little weather proofing so I have more time to do the cedar shakes. But I had fun with painting and it looks kind of cool. Gotta finish the flashing tape when this dries

I might have to go into that craft/hobbies forum to ask for advice on next steps yikes

what i like the most about this is how it definitely doesnt look like youre manufacturing methamphetamine in it and how it doesnt evoke every camouflage-draped property that ive ever steered clear from when hiking

edit: i feel like i need to be clear that the dome is extremely good and its mostly the aesthetic that makes my backbrain toss fight-or-flight signals

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Just make the top hexagon transparent

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

AxGrap posted:

did you enjoy building the dome? it's hard to finish stuff, hope i can channel your moxie someday

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I've heard about taking a drug to the dome but this is ridiculous! :vince:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

tacodaemon posted:

once again here's the video I made using a song by a DC band I like with footage from my handlebar camera sped up to 20x speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaaXqU25iFo

My first kid was conceived in DC. I think it's very normal to know where people are conceived, I know where about half a dozen of my friends we're conceived and all my brothers. My wife thinks it's very weird.

I'll go frame by frame in this video and try to see if the hotel is in it

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

veepfake posted:

did you enjoy building the dome? it's hard to finish stuff, hope i can channel your moxie someday

It's half and half, the trick is to get so deep into a project that you can't turn back. So for me that was pouring a giant circle foundation.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1543284230578487296

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

DoombatINC posted:

what i like the most about this is how it definitely doesnt look like youre manufacturing methamphetamine in it and how it doesnt evoke every camouflage-draped property that ive ever steered clear from when hiking

edit: i feel like i need to be clear that the dome is extremely good and its mostly the aesthetic that makes my backbrain toss fight-or-flight signals

Lol, no, it's loving weird to be sure

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

If he had any brains he'd blow them out like Budd Dwyer.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

AxGrap posted:

It's half and half, the trick is to get so deep into a project that you can't turn back. So for me that was pouring a giant circle foundation.

cool, like leaning into the thing you can't turn back on? good advice (outside of like murder i guess). anyway will try that

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I can't wait for when the dome escapes from the forums and becomes a new twitter meme foundation

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

a.lo posted:

Hello goons. How is it gooning? Heh, hope you have a wonderful holiday. God bless 👋

gently caress you

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
my dinner tonight is crackers and soft cheese and pickled asparagus, note to TX goons the HEB pickled asparagus (all the different kinds) are delicious, especially the little bitty ones

I am an asparagus pedophile

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

ex post facho posted:

Just make the top hexagon transparent

We know a stained glass person that owes us a couple favors so we might try to call that in. So I'll just have to cut into it and plan something out for that. idk idk baby steps

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

veepfake posted:

cool, like leaning into the thing you can't turn back on? good advice (outside of like murder i guess). anyway will try that

Yeah when I decided to put a door in the backyard I just cut a hole in the wall while my wife was at work. We had talked about it but that was the no turning back

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

all domes must be geodesic. Just for ventilation purposes. Black fungus is no laughing matter

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

what a stupid picture

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

AxGrap posted:

nice fresh grave

the proper authorities have been notified

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Buddykins posted:

gently caress you

Happy satuwday you cweep uWu

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

emfive posted:

I am an asparagus pedophile

No! No!!