Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Tuxedo shirt with a piano key tie, my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well that sucks, someone used my personal information to apply for a credit card. I caught it before it was approved and have filed fraud/identity theft alerts with the bank, my credit bureaus and the FTC (with a local police report to be filed probably on Tuesday). Glad my credit bureau accounts are all frozen but it still is a hassle to deal with.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
loving Leon county

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/FoolishBB/status/1542934334121943040?t=t5FAJrM299hXOR6iCcrbKQ&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/oliviacpaschal/status/1542884006420791296

Lol just lmao

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

I don’t think it’s hyperbolic that if desantis becomes president and has a favorable congress we will be a breathe away from marking LGBTQ folks with patches or putting them camps.

What the actual gently caress here

https://twitter.com/benjaminjs/status/1542568527990624256?s=21&t=KqgNEI3biShYc3DlEf1hGg

Yeah, it's loving terrifying, and if this holds up in any lawsuits, it's going to spread like wildfire in Florida

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The Conch Republic going to secede for real this time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, it's loving terrifying, and if this holds up in any lawsuits, it's going to spread like wildfire in Florida

It’s a part of the don’t say gay bill and will be upheld by the republican SCoFL and SCOTUS.

If they don’t notify parents in this fashion and one finds out their kid is in PE with a lbgt kid they can sue the gently caress out of the school district.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Florida loving sucks.

Source: Lives in Florida.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

We’re not only going backwards, we’re going full speed back to the 50s.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe if you paid more money we wouldn't be in this situation! *sips chablis

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Ah my out of office message is on, my drinks have been bought, my next Gundam series to watch has been chosen. I'm set for my vacation.

Except I played myself by forgetting my work laptop in the office so I had to come in today when normally I work from home on Fridays.

I mean don't just say that dish on which one

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Raku posted:

Let's go

https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1537661332606324736?t=idluHitURiBZ92hRS-v_Gg&s=19

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Kalli posted:

Today was my day off so I stopped working on like Wednesday.

Found out today my corneas are too thin for lasik though :(

Mine were too. I got PRK instead, which is just as good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Also kinda old now but for me Jacob’s Ladder may be the scariest movie I have ever seen. It is one of those few rare movies where you can frighten and unsettle someone just by telling them the plot and conclusion

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

5 Eps into Deadwood, this poo poo kicks rear end.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Relish it, there is no better drama except maybe Rome

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
When I was in high school every Sunday night I would force my mom to make a lovely Campbells chili can and toast up some bread and I would pretend I am eating a meal from the late 1800s and would settle down to view the latest Deadwood offering on HBO

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

Mine were too. I got PRK instead, which is just as good

They also said no to PRK!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Recently had a consultation that recommended PRK over lasik because of a drusen in my eye that could create blind spots under pressure. Still turned it down because of the costs that insurance would not have paid for at all. I'll have to reassess after looking at my new jobs benefits more closely.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The best drama on television is the first season of True Detective

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

kiimo posted:

The best drama on television is the first season of True Detective

There is only one season of True Detective.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Season 3 was good. Didn’t hit the highs of S1 but was still really solid all the way through. Apparently they are working on S4 now.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
True Detective suffers from having such an insanely good first season so subsequent seasons are compared to it. IMO season 2 is fine and season 3 was a marked improvement.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I actually liked the weirdness of season 2. I couldn't stop laughing at so many things. Taylor Kitch's policeman trying to actively kill himself for being *shocked face* gay??? Ray Velcoro's coke party by himself. Vince Vaughn's wife slinking in and out of every scene like her direction was literally try to move like you imagine a sexy Medusa. The bar at the end of the universe from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Rachel McAdams all drugged out and still completely slicing up a Russian mobster muscle guy. And the fact that the entire thing was clearly going off like version 2 of the script outline that had no time to get fleshed out. There was a lot of fun poo poo in that season and I think back on it kind of fondly.

But yeah in comparison to the first season it may as well be Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

It is hard to follow Matt mcconaughey and Woody Harrelson.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is where I make my yearly plea for everyone to watch Black Sails

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd say everyone please watch Starz shows but I'm actively interviewing to leave so do what you like

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Raku posted:

Probably IBO unless I can find my old hard drive with G-Gundam on it. I recently finished up Gundam X so that leaves me with IBO, G-Gundam, AGE, and G-Reco to complete my franchise watch.

I am very, very hype for Witch from Mercury, no lie.

My favorite Starz stuff has always been their Philippa Gregory novel based shows. The White Queen/White Princess/Spanish Princess are an enjoyable pile of period drama trashy soaps that I love. Same reason I'll rewatch the first 2 seasons of The Tudors.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Probably IBO unless I can find my old hard drive with G-Gundam on it. I recently finished up Gundam X so that leaves me with IBO, G-Gundam, AGE, and G-Reco to complete my franchise watch.

I am very, very hype for Witch from Mercury, no lie.

My favorite Starz stuff has always been their Philippa Gregory novel based shows. The White Queen/White Princess/Spanish Princess are an enjoyable pile of period drama trashy soaps that I love. Same reason I'll rewatch the first 2 seasons of The Tudors.

G Gundam is my favorite Gundam series by far. It's so loving goofy and good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Important Lyla Pupdate: she's in the woods.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oh hey, cops murdered a guy in Akron. They shot 60 bullets into him. I’ll give you three guesses as to the race of the man they shot.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

a neat cape posted:

:same:

But in less good news, I saw "she's 10" was trending, and, welp:

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1543254722714427392

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Surprised Indiana hasn’t banned them too.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Honestly, same

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, pretty sure it's Indiana that's actually successfully prosecuted women for having a miscarriage.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Bird in a Blender posted:

It's in the works

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

a neat cape posted:

It's been so long since I've seen it it'll be like watching it for the first time again. The only Gundam show I outright hated so far in my franchise watch/rewatch is Seed Destiny and part of that is because I liked Seed. Even Victory and 0083 have parts that I liked but man Destiny is trash.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Spoeank posted:

Important Lyla Pupdate: she's in the woods.

Amazing. She looks like my dog who I love dearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It's been so long since I've seen it it'll be like watching it for the first time again. The only Gundam show I outright hated so far in my franchise watch/rewatch is Seed Destiny and part of that is because I liked Seed. Even Victory and 0083 have parts that I liked but man Destiny is trash.

Destiny is the only Gundam show I’ve somehow completely forgotten or my memory had blocked most of the details from or whatever. I know I watched it, I recall that quite well, but holy poo poo it was so awful. It was the show that made me change from “I want to see every Gundam show at least once” to “Yeah… I got better ways to waste my time.”