Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

QuoProQuid posted:

i am so baffled by matt's play this session like my whole reaction to this episode was ??????????????????????

Look, it'll make sense if you just drink the juice

This makes complete sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Matt had to have been intentionally trying to gently caress this up.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Matt's given Link such sincere sheltered homeschooled kid energy that I can't discount him just playing the cards as he read them and doing what he thought Lincoln would do in that situation (something well intended but totally obtuse and unconventional)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Matt was weird but he’s been so consistently fantastic he can do whatever he wants :colbert:

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

This MBIC is short but very good. Would listen to a 40k rpg with Matt.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Kind of glad it was Beth, I don't think Freddie would have been good at hiding it or not being insufferable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Snowy posted:

Matt was weird but he’s been so consistently fantastic he can do whatever he wants :colbert:

yea I truly have no idea what he in or out of character thought the endgame to 'JUST DRINK THE PUS OKAY????' was but it was hilarious so I'm not complaining!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I don't know what this says about me as a person, but the motivation behind Matt's "drink the pus" obsession made 100% sense to me.

Like, sometimes you come up with an idea and it makes sense in your head but you just can't find a way to explain it to others in a way they can understand. Most of the time this is because the idea is terrible, but in the heat of the moment you can't see that so instead you keep trying to explain the idea HARDER and the more people push back against your awful idea the more you double down on trying to make it happen because you are just so sure you're right about this.

This isn't something I do myself, but it is something my dad does so I've spent a lot of time dealing with it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I kinda get his logic that normal people would puke at tasting the pus but the imposter wouldn't because they're made of pus

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah but if you’re on the lookout for a pus monster it’s hard to trust someone who wants you to eat pus

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I mean yeah it was a really stupid plan but it did have a weird understandable logic behind it

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It's just like how if you want to test to see if someone's a human, you make them eat human afterbirth. If they don't like it, they're a monster.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Team Scary 4 Life

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I want code purple to end. Its been a phrase and four exposition monologues that has slowed the narrative down to a crawl.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Watch Code Purple be another goddamn acronym

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I'm guessing that it's just to release Willy.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Pennsylvanian posted:

I'm guessing that it's just to release Willy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

goblin week posted:

Team Matt 4 Life

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Matt's genuine fear of engaging with time travel stories is my favorite thing and I hope every single campaign and side show they do involves time travel just to keep giving us moments like 'I believe you'll find the co-ordinates have changed...wait no they wouldn't that's not how this works...I just wanted to buy dresses guys'.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I still have the second half of the sons and sonsibilities finale to listen to, but Beth has gone completely rogue and I like it

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

Great world building on this newest episode. I only figured out what was going on a split second before the teens did!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Their intros have been on fire lately.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

took me a little bit to figure out what (new character spoilers) willy stampler was reminding me of and I'm a little embarrassed that it took me until the fourth or fifth invocation of how handsome he is to remember that "extremely charismatic artificially handsome man whose handsomeness the narrative will not stop referencing" is very much a villain anthony burch has written before lmao.

e: i forgot that handsome jack is also the world's worst dad who tries to exploit his child for magical energy, too, which is a further parallel.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 13, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Funny, just at the start of this episode I was wondering who Scary's warlock patron was

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think this is my favorite intro yet, good god

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

It pays to have two active musicians and one theater kid at the table, with Maxton in their pocket.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

apparently freddie owns a piece of SA history

https://twitter.com/SA__moment/status/1551593471882022917?s=20&t=969sytygmy9wocCZQVAzqg

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Yeah he mentions it once In a while. Will also apparently once posted poetry in CC and it got ripped to shreds.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Beth is a real D&D player now

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

This is the first episode in a while to wake me up. I could listen to these idiots play with an imaginary portal all day.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Better ingredients, better pizza.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

cackling at this social media riff

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
One of the best episodes of the season. They have found their rhythm.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I love Beth discovering, and accepting, the "I don't care that it's an AOE, I cast fireball" mindset.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

ghouldaddy07 posted:

One of the best episodes of the season. They have found their rhythm.

I noticed that a few APs who had successful first seasons then thought they could condense what made the first season good into a tighter, more structured second campaign, and it never worked for them. I feel like Daddies was kind of running into that problem this season.

This is the kind of crew where you need to give them a list of options and let them pick the worst ones.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

New episode. This is the first episode of season 2 to have this much season 1 energy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So I guess the teens are part timers now.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
I never would have predicted how this episode would end up.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

"Wait, did you just say minions?"

"No. NO."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pennsylvanian posted:

"Wait, did you just say minions?"