Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Virgil Vox posted:

I started it a few months ago and I'm on S1E6

edit: like it's good and I think written really well but it's a slog

it's incredible starting S02E01.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

VideoKid posted:

there is no wisdom just encyclopedic knowledge of everyone who was ever wronged him

he sees you when you’re losing

he knows it when you hate

he knows if you’ve been good at deals

so always deal from strength!

oooooooooh, you better watch out

you better not cry

you better no doubt, I’m telling you why

Trumpy bear is coming to town

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

TraderStav posted:

it's incredible starting S02E01.

:hai:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Red Baron posted:

that loving Psi Corp actor sells the poo poo out of his role and he is absolutely worth watching the whole series just because he’s so goddamn unlikable

Yeah, that guy should have done some more scifi. seems like he has a knack for it

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Yeah, that guy should have done some more scifi. seems like he has a knack for it

perhaps if he took a trek through the stars? idk just spitballing

maybe he could do a funny accent

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Red Baron posted:

perhaps if he took a trek through the stars? idk just spitballing

maybe he could do a funny accent

If they show him in the first act, they damned well better use him in the third one.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I started watching Trek when I was a small child so all of the episodes are good as far as I can tell. Discovery kind of annoyed me but Enterprise and Strange New Worlds are really pretty good.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

TraderStav posted:

If they show him in the first act, they damned well better use him in the third one.

lmao this got me

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

emfive posted:

I started watching Trek when I was a small child so all of the episodes are good as far as I can tell. Discovery kind of annoyed me but Enterprise and Strange New Worlds are really pretty good.

i thought enterprise was fun but also i was 12 watching it w my semi estranged father

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

AxGrap posted:

it was my least favorite up to and including Voyager

the dome heat has been getting to you sir

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I wonder if shitposting from inside a dome would be somehow different

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hello friends

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Red Baron posted:

man, woman, person, camera, TV

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

triple sulk posted:

hello friends

are you in a dome? (it's topical)

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

I’ve heard the trump thread has the best dome

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

DICK DAWKINS posted:

I haven't been able to sit through an episode of DS9 yet. The cast has zero comradery. Sisko seems cool but can't carry this poo poo on his own

it picks up in season 2 and doesn’t stop, the cast has probably the best comradery in all of star trek. also:

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
There was a lot of bright spots but the prophet poo poo and the gem haddar stuff always felt like it wasn't going anywhere but you also HAD to know the story or it wouldn't make sense. I think I just like star trek that is more episodic. I understand that the consensus is that it's the best so I am willing to believe my taste is faulty.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

doanld?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

drat it now I want one

:hai:

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

tmf

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Got good head? It's called dome!

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

if I were a aborted baby I would miss the content and the likes/subscribes

e: and the domescrolling

veepfake has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Jul 3, 2022

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Good morning domers.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Dome and glome

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Ben Nerevarine posted:

stick with it. once Sisko goes bald+goateed and Worf joins it all gels

yeah ds9 is so good....

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Domeald trump

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Dome be a tough guy! Dome be a fool!

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/candygutzz_/status/1542908388727607297?s=20&t=OZCPy5ODI1DT1zK518j2LA

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
https://twitter.com/wapplehouse/status/1542995988041850882?t=dun3CI0SqW99Y0iGHMPLjg&s=19

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Isolated and agitated, but stronger than ever

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Lower Decks is good Trek. It looks like rick and morty in space but that goes away by like ep 2. Its not mean spirited has a lot of that TOS optimism

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

In my cab.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

LegoMan posted:

Lower Decks is good Trek. It looks like rick and morty in space but that goes away by like ep 2. Its not mean spirited has a lot of that TOS optimism

Do you think it would be entertaining for kids? Might try to watch that with kid 1

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

AxGrap posted:

Do you think it would be entertaining for kids? Might try to watch that with kid 1

Between pg and pg14 really

I mean kids would love it, because its genuinely funny but depends on what you let your kids see

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

don’t be a fool! I’ll call u later

Toxoplasmid
May 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/weirddalle/status/1539151042209775616?s=20&t=Qa9USU5Ki8t1MJ7E3-U0oQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

AxGrap posted:

There was a lot of bright spots but the prophet poo poo and the gem haddar stuff always felt like it wasn't going anywhere but you also HAD to know the story or it wouldn't make sense. I think I just like star trek that is more episodic. I understand that the consensus is that it's the best so I am willing to believe my taste is faulty.

No you're right but even episodic Ds9 was still better than the dominion war arc in general. Watched first episodes of Picard and Disco and was like nope.