Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

IcePhoenix posted:

also as a side note I kind of liked the way they did it for the pokemon diamond any% (even though it didn't get met) in that it was just a donation total threshold instead of something you had to actually select from a list because there's usually a lot of cool bid wars and incentives otherwise that are bidding "against" the bonus games that it would be fun to see more action on

They've usually set the last Bonus Game as a "Milestone" incentive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
This comment is late because I was in a duty, but I have to express my irrational anger at Sent not knowing the difference between Ardbert and the Warrior of Light

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I missed metroid dread but at least i get to watch some metroid

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Agent355 posted:

The rest of the runs today all look great. I've seen a fair few elden ring speedruns but I'll probably stay up for those too.

i'm hoping the any% route gets met since i'm reasonably certain that's the zip glitch route with a bunch of just-in-case estimate padding

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

This is pretty incredible, and I’m pretty sure I’m unaware of half the tricks he’s doing at any given moment.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Prop Wash posted:

This is pretty incredible, and I’m pretty sure I’m unaware of half the tricks he’s doing at any given moment.

:same:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cernunnos posted:

They've usually set the last Bonus Game as a "Milestone" incentive

yeah but I want them to do it with all of them next time :v:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I agree that milestone incentives are better for bonus games.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Prop Wash posted:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IcePhoenix posted:

that would be way better and i hope someone whispers this idea into the ear of someone at gdq

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Oh my God they added the Pokemon bonus run back

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

gently caress the pokemon incentive. I'm sorry but jesus. We already didn't meet it once, we've already seen the pokemon runs, and now they're gonna be constantly pushing for it for the next few hours and 200k seems like alot for a surprise incentive. Though it is the last day so number go up pretty quick.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Baaaaaahahahaha BACK ON THE MENU BOYS.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

I want to be optimistic but drat. How far did they get last time?

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

It's a good idea, you can even still shill hard for it. It's just much less annoying.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
Hoping pokemon donos don't cut into the Elden Ring bonus run

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

loopsheloop posted:

Hoping pokemon donos don't cut into the Elden Ring bonus run

It's ok they'll just try again after the finale :sun:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Actually, does anybody know how rad the any% run is? It's very short so I'm assuming there is a credits warp or something?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Has any incentive run failed twice to make it in one GDQ? cause i'm sensing a this has never happened before moment

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I wish I had caught this run from the beginning because Kaizo Super Metroid looks BRUTAL.

Also Oats N Goats is my man.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Agent355 posted:

Actually, does anybody know how rad the any% run is? It's very short so I'm assuming there is a credits warp or something?

it involves the use of a particular glitch and is absolutely bonkers when executed properly. i haven't kept up with the any% run for a while but i think the fastest i remember was about a 14 minute total run, but it's also a run that can easily go haywire which is probably where the 33 minute estimate comes from

there's also a billion videos of it on youtube though so it's not a huge loss if it isn't met, distortion2 has a bunch of really good any% record vids

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Agent355 posted:

iirc from the first time they went for it, about 15 minutes est? Something I remember thinking "man that's short for so much money..."

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it is the last day, it has a good shot. we've pulled in 150k in the past 2 and a half hours and the donations per minute will keep increasing from here, and there are no other incentives.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it is the last day, it has a good shot. we've pulled in 150k in the past 2 and a half hours.

yeah i can actually see it being met now, viewer numbers are huge atm and donos always spike on the final day

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ravus posted:

It's a good idea, you can even still shill hard for it. It's just much less annoying.

Beyond being less annoying, you also don't have to rely on people adding the incentive to their donations themselves (See: That very big gift on Monday night that referenced the FNAF bonus run in the message but was not actually designated towards any incentive)

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

and there are no other incentives.

...yet.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it is the last day, it has a good shot. we've pulled in 150k in the past 2 and a half hours.

Yeah I agree, I think they'll make it. Ending hype + less things to put your donos towards is always stupid money.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Those hell rooms are aptly named.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Cernunnos posted:

Anytime I see Super Metroid hacks I cannot understand how anyone does this. I could maybe do, some of, this with Fusion/Zero Mission controls but SM controls are... OOF

Super Metroid has unique and demanding controls but, like Melee, also permits incredible nuance and precision that makes these tricks possible at all

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

crazy rooms...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
kinda sucks they didn't ask if he wanted to do the run he volunteered to drop
https://twitter.com/TheBlacktastic/status/1543371309073178625?t=_xLJQvI-PlAqptb8_oQi_Q&s=19

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah honestly I was kinda thinking that. There were multiple runners who volunteered to give up their runs to meet the schedule. I'd rather they were added back instead of re-attempting a failed incentive.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

site posted:

https://twitter.com/TheBlacktastic/status/1543371309073178625?t=_xLJQvI-PlAqptb8_oQi_Q&s=19

i have to imagine both this and the superhot vr run would be auto-accepted if submitted to a future gdq event, at least

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

site posted:

he's an absolutely fantastic runner too and would absolutely get the crowd hyped up for a donation train to push for whatever incentive they needed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I couldnt really watch gdq til today, what happened to the schedule?

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
That’s a very stupid unforced error by GDQ.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mandatory lesbian posted:

mostly setup taking a lot longer than expected

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

mandatory lesbian posted:

Someone went horrifically overschedule (the guy running pokemon emerald went over pretty bad and then still did stuff after anyway) and some games were dropped voluntarily, and uhh stuff I guess not sure myself either.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Banzai 3 posted:

That’s a very stupid unforced error by GDQ.

The fact it's a bonus run for a game that already appeared in the GDQ does chafe me a bit. I still hope the incentive gets hit and people enjoy it, but it's bitter sweet at best.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

mostly setup taking a lot longer than expected

in this specific case, the runner in question voluntarily dropped his bloodstained run in order to help the marathon get back on schedule, but had the potential of getting brought back in once the schedule got more sane snuffed in favor of a pokemon glitch run that previously failed to hit its incentive earlier on in the marathon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
The extra fun part is GDQ staff was going to originally be on that Pokémon couch, so it smells of a conflict of interest in the best case. I understand Pokémon runs bring in the money, but you don’t really need that as we head into the final evening.