Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Take me out to the holosuites is the best episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
ds9 and TNG are different flavors of goat. it's okay to like one more than another.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Take me out to the holosuites is the best episode

it really is, think I posted this before but any excuse to get it out:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

emfive posted:

I started watching Trek when I was a small child so all of the episodes are good as far as I can tell. Discovery kind of annoyed me but Enterprise and Strange New Worlds are really pretty good.

O____0

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

ds9 and TNG are different flavors of goat. it's okay to like one more than another.

very true

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Virgil Vox posted:

No you're right but even episodic Ds9 was still better than the dominion war arc in general. Watched first episodes of Picard and Disco and was like nope.

very true!!!!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

this is what I'm looking at here

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

got paramount plus to finish ds9. never seen trek before until TNG two years ago and been slowly watching them all. maybe four episodes a week. it's been great. dunno if I'll watch voyager next from what I've heard it's just tons of holodeck episodes lol

just saw an episode where sisko used biological weapons on a whole planet and I'm like no way Picard would have done this lol.... it owns.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Lpzie posted:

got paramount plus to finish ds9. never seen trek before until TNG two years ago and been slowly watching them all. maybe four episodes a week. it's been great. dunno if I'll watch voyager next from what I've heard it's just tons of holodeck episodes lol

just saw an episode where sisko used biological weapons on a whole planet and I'm like no way Picard would have done this lol.... it owns.

Voyager is very bad but in a dumb way that is almost campy. It's a nice nighttime show but def not a thinker.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Virgil Vox posted:

it really is, think I posted this before but any excuse to get it out:

gently caress you reminded me I need to buy one of these

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

I got punched in the face last night lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cleveland rocks

https://twitter.com/_kinesthetiac_/status/1542746087160700929?s=21&t=ZkssK3wTnErv5WEB0Pty5A

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lmao i aint seen this in a bit

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Pregnant lady got into my bed and her partner saw us and welp I copped a floggin

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
TOS was the most beautiful, I love old shows where they were still figuring out color and they just go all out

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

AxGrap posted:

TOS was the most beautiful, I love old shows where they were still figuring out color and they just go all out

Episode titles were A+ tier

"City On The Edge of Forever"

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Virgil Vox has issued a correction as of 01:45 on Jul 3, 2022

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Ol sakkman posted:

Pregnant lady got into my bed and her partner saw us and welp I copped a floggin

Oy. Is this still the temp housing that the hospital set you up with?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1543317422958120960

king

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Yo La Tengo is an American treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfTru5_lWlU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

the dominion war stuff pays off, probably trek at its best

the prophet stuff...well...they tried

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hell yes

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

AxGrap posted:

Oy. Is this still the temp housing that the hospital set you up with?

Nah I just hit up a mate from rehab so I was living somewhere not getting high. Hijinx still occured

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Voyager is fun schlock but do not expect high art. during production, the actors were told to act more boring so the alien of the week would stand out more.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

robot roll call posted:

The Poster is of CSPAM but will find no rest there

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
trumungus

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Ol sakkman posted:

Nah I just hit up a mate from rehab so I was living somewhere not getting high. Hijinx still occured

Uff da, sorry.
Thankfully getting clocked in the head once by someone not trying to do you in is better than other things that could happen in similar circumstances.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Voyager is fun schlock but do not expect high art. during production, the actors were told to act more boring so the alien of the week would stand out more.

Well they delivered! Lol. Still love it for nostalgia.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
ytf does the official star trek niners hat look like so much dookie

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

AxGrap posted:

Uff da, sorry.
Thankfully getting clocked in the head once by someone not trying to do you in is better than other things that could happen in similar circumstances.

Yeah that whole situation could have gone anywhere

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

robot roll call posted:

the Pah Wraith storyline killed it, Dukat deserved better

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

AxGrap posted:

There's also a number of very good to great TOS episodes ("The Enemy Within", "The Menagerie", "Balance of Terror", "Arena", "Space Seed", "The City on Edge of Forever", "Amok Time", "Mirror, Mirror", "The Doomsday Machine", "The Trouble with Tribbles" and maybe "The Enterprise Incident").

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

AxGrap posted:

Covering this all up so it doesn't matter but I wanted to add a little weather proofing so I have more time to do the cedar shakes. But I had fun with painting and it looks kind of cool. Gotta finish the flashing tape when this dries

I might have to go into that craft/hobbies forum to ask for advice on next steps yikes

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/Xd6HcEm.mp4

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I love that Marc Alaimo was so good at being Dukat that fans were becoming sympathetic to him, so the writers spent the last few seasons making him an unrepentant rear end in a top hat with no redeeming qualities

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

he was probably robbed and murdered leaving the bank

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

AxGrap posted:

Voyager is very bad but in a dumb way that is almost campy. It's a nice nighttime show but def not a thinker.

Voyager has some extremely good episodes, the one with Joel Grey is amazing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

nice vlog

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Nice dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/fprNzSR.mp4