Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Not So Fast posted:

Obviously Zenz himself is a vile evangelical creep, but...

... let me take all his bullshit at face value anyways and completely disregard what I just said about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fits my needs posted:

if disney is good why is this bad

disney for me but not for thee

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zenz's issue with the Uyghurs isn't the genocide stuff anyways. He's completely fine with wiping muslims off the face of the earth. He's upset that women are getting agency, and that the communists are the people that made this happen.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cultural genocide is a real thing imo from the perspective of what Turks have been doing to the Kurds and it’s usually pretty easy to distinguish from the traditional genocide versus the Armenians. it’s bad.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lol didn't zenz count Nazi soldiers who died invading Russia as "victims of communism"?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Lol didn't zenz count Nazi soldiers who died invading Russia as "victims of communism"?

I’m sure they felt that way. #BelieveTroops

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

also everyone in the world who died of covid

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

cultural genocide is a real thing imo from the perspective of what Turks have been doing to the Kurds and it’s usually pretty easy to distinguish from the traditional genocide versus the Armenians. it’s bad.

the UN says genocide can't be cultural alone it has to be physical destruction, killing, stopping births. even relocating a group doesn't count. not that their definition supersedes general understanding

I think this thread's insistence to take a maximalist opposition to western propaganda is stupid. even in china people know that the government response in Xinjiang isnt ideal, isn't "as nice as normal school" (which you justify by saying no school is nice?), but if they support it they will likely think its to better integrate people there to avoid separatism and violence. There were occasional terrorist attacks from the mid 2000s to about 2015, and now there haven't been.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antonymous posted:

I think this thread's insistence to take a maximalist opposition to western propaganda is stupid

:hmmwrong:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

also everyone in the world who died of covid

Lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Antonymous posted:

the UN says genocide can't be cultural alone it has to be physical destruction, killing, stopping births. even relocating a group doesn't count. not that their definition supersedes general understanding

I think this thread's insistence to take a maximalist opposition to western propaganda is stupid. even in china people know that the government response in Xinjiang isnt ideal, isn't "as nice as normal school" (which you justify by saying no school is nice?), but if they support it they will likely think its to better integrate people there to avoid separatism and violence. There were occasional terrorist attacks from the mid 2000s to about 2015, and now there haven't been.

don’t care stfu

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Antonymous posted:

what exactly is the chinese government doing in Xinjiang

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's from the black book of communism, which I don't think has anything to do with Zenz or the victims of communism memorial foundation, although the later has I believe drawn on it.
Iirc it never outright states it's counting nazis but there is a discrepancy in the figures used which coincidentally is about the number of dead nazi soldiers.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

i have no idea, personally. there is no “good faith” in any of the information coming out and I know Turkey funds extremism and have had people ask me to donate to The Cause back in the mid 2000s. I get a little unnerved when the idea of a cultural genocide is rejected completely because I can’t think of a better way to describe the Turkish approach against the Kurds and I think it goes beyond assimilation. i am willing to examine a different kind of approach that better ties the intentional destruction and denial of Kurdish culture, language etc and the violent reprisal against their expression to a materialist framework I guess. I’m not really an expert or even well read on this topic, I just know some horrible horrible poo poo has happened and still happens to valorize a fabricated Turkish nationalist culture.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Antonymous posted:

There were occasional terrorist attacks from the mid 2000s to about 2015, and now there haven't been.

There have been even more public mass-stabbing attacks taking place outside of Xinjiang, done by Han Chinese, but of course those never get classified as terrorism. Just crime and "mental illness"

sexpig by night posted:

If you go exclusively by what the Chinese government has announced or made public, the answer is mass extrajudicial detentions on the basis of religion and ethnicity.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/dennisispeasant/status/1543238134019801088

:thunk:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So I came across this today
https://twitter.com/pavlovauliana/status/1542900055912357888?t=dTFC166dCTZLtX8ZKQWJUQ&s=19

Also this

https://twitter.com/stocks_tweets/status/1534147424553345024?t=q9RKRapltrBEZReVrNK95g&s=19

Who will go first?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I assume they are serving Doritos locos tacos now?

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

How many tanks did Pol Pot even have?

stephenthinkpad posted:

Who will go first?

Russian pizza hut is his phylactery so at exactly the same time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

je1 healthcare posted:

There have been even more public mass-stabbing attacks taking place outside of Xinjiang, done by Han Chinese, but of course those never get classified as terrorism. Just crime and "mental illness"

If you go exclusively by what the Chinese government has announced or made public, the answer is mass extrajudicial detentions on the basis of religion and ethnicity.

so the claim here is that any mass stabbing has to be called terrorism or what?

Also how is it extrajudicial?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

He's trying to apply white supremacy to an Asian country. It's exactly as stupid as it sounds.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I had a feeling that was just a weird reskin of "OH WELL YOU DON'T CALL WHITE MASS SHOOTERS TERRORISTS" lib bullshit but I genuinely don't even get the comparison because it's not 'mass stabbings' that were the major Uyghur terrorist incidents? They were bombings and very focused single stabbings, all targeting other Uyghurs.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mirello posted:

also specifically at that poster who's quoting some youtuber, dumb as hell. I've been to xinjiang. you wanna know how the xinjiang genocide is fake? Any articles with specific details will always be extremely minor (metal detectors + flags = genocide) while mixing in proven lies from zenz about millions of people in jail, or every woman in xinjiang getting 84 iuds. so stupid! ZENZ DOESNT EVEN SPEAK CHINESE! HE CANT EVEN INTERPRET HIS OWN FAKE DOCUMENTS!

net iud placements is the funniest drat statistic because if you use it without explaining it a normal person thinks whoa wtf eighty percent of iuds in china are done to uyghurs?!?! but if you do explain it a normal person will just go whoa wtf a statistic where you can have negative one hundred percent why would anyone ever use this?!?!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
libs become extremely anti birth control as soon as muslim women have access to it, curious.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He's trying to apply white supremacy to an Asian country. It's exactly as stupid as it sounds.

I mean yes, that does sound stupid, because we're talking about Han supremacy and it's weird that you think asian countries are incapable of xenophobic policies, because they all still have them to varying degrees.

sexpig by night posted:

so the claim here is that any mass stabbing has to be called terrorism or what?

Also how is it extrajudicial?

Not quite, just that minorities and muslims are just as capable of being mentally ill, or conducting attacks on random civilians for non-political reasons.

It's "extrajudicial" in the sense that there's no court record for most of those sent to compulsory re-education camps, and Chinese law has specifically authorized public security and administrative bodies to handle their cases without the involvement of any judicial body. We know this because the CCP's own english language white papers have boasted about this 'flexibility'

Some Guy TT posted:

net iud placements is the funniest drat statistic because if you use it without explaining it a normal person thinks whoa wtf eighty percent of iuds in china are done to uyghurs?!?!

It's really not so confusing. The documents record every IUD insertion and removal, for every region. But there's a huge disparity in Xinjiang in that most of them aren't ever getting removed.

The criticism that "Zenz doens't even speak Chinese so how can he read the documents!!??!" has always been a weird one. He obviously hired a translator. If he's outright making up an english translation then it should be simple to prove errors in every sentence.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

je1 healthcare posted:

It's really not so confusing. The documents record every IUD insertion and removal, for every region. But there's a huge disparity in Xinjiang in that most of them aren't ever getting removed.

the reason xinjiang has a huge disparity is because the people living there only recently got access to iuds at all so of course their rate is up the wazoo if no one who lives there already has an iud then of course nobodys removing any the only reason to use net iud insertion instead of just iud insertion is if you want to use the scarier sounding eighty percent rate rather than the significantly less scarier sounding eight percent rate and are counting on people not knowing the difference between the two

and all of this ignores the fact that zens and friends conspicuously avoid using more recent statistics because if you look at them over five years rather than just a single one out of context its much more difficult to make the argument that theres any kind of long term plan in place to genocide the uyghurs

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

je1 healthcare posted:

I mean yes, that does sound stupid, because we're talking about Han supremacy and it's weird that you think asian countries are incapable of xenophobic policies, because they all still have them to varying degrees.

You can't just invent "Han Supremacy" like it's always been a thing.

Edit: And White Supremacy isn't just codified xenophobia, it is a centuries old colonial construct upon which the totality of Western civilization has been formed. China didn't go through that period of colonialism.

Cpt_Obvious has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Jul 3, 2022

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

comedyblissoption posted:

everything zenz everything zenz
i dont think so

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao han supremacy

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao han supremacy

after genociding themselves through OCP

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

If you guys want to take a break from arguing about "birth control is genocide" or whatever, my favorite White Person in China YouTuber is doing a series in Xinjiang. First video is just a long vlog of her and her husband's two day train ride from Chengdu to Kashgar. It's like 18 minutes long and not particularly interesting unless you really like slow trains but she should be posting the videos from their time there in the coming days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlvwzPe0eJU

She likes to go well off the beaten path and speaks good mandarin (as does her Chinese husband, of course) so there's typically a lot of remote villages and interactions with locals in her stuff. She's never been overtly political and I doubt any of this will be explicitly framed in a "DEBUNKING Western Propaganda" way so I think this series will probably be more interesting than any of the other White People Visiting Xinjiang stuff I've seen.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

je1 healthcare posted:

Not quite, just that minorities and muslims are just as capable of being mentally ill, or conducting attacks on random civilians for non-political reasons.

It's "extrajudicial" in the sense that there's no court record for most of those sent to compulsory re-education camps, and Chinese law has specifically authorized public security and administrative bodies to handle their cases without the involvement of any judicial body. We know this because the CCP's own english language white papers have boasted about this 'flexibility'

The criticism that "Zenz doens't even speak Chinese so how can he read the documents!!??!" has always been a weird one. He obviously hired a translator. If he's outright making up an english translation then it should be simple to prove errors in every sentence.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

je1 healthcare posted:

i can't read your posts over the noise of your spinning bowtie that has an alarm klaxon now for some reason have you tried turning it off

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

je1 healthcare posted:

didn't read

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
God it must be so tiring bring the CIA plant assigned to CSPAM. Have you considered trying to become a mod instead?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

je1 healthcare posted:

weak

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think Westerners are just deeply confused by building infrastructure and actually providing education and integration into society. If only China had been leaving them an impoverished backwater ridden with crime and terrorism, like a normal country does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

je1 healthcare posted:

apparently it is confusing because you managed to come to a loving stupid conclusion, try again