Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

I really enjoyed the first season of Stranger Things but everything that followed sucked

I guess I like the Steve character but the rest can all go hang
Murray is my homeboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Hold up, imma let you finish, but Donald treuxjcp was the plbest presidnnxbt of allux tiybmpme

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

AxGrap posted:

Just shows in general tho right? The hype/money of this show is the only thing that makes it bad. Like, it's FINE or whatever.

I dunno, I loving love The Boys. I loved The Witcher season 1 (season 2 was a huge disappointment). Loved Umbrella Academy season 2. Loved Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Like I know it's possible to make compelling shows but this show just can't get there.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Filthy Hans posted:

the Pah Wraith storyline killed it, Dukat deserved better

oh there's more? i only saw the one where keiko is taken over and she gets to do some acting finally.... although there was that one episode where she's like, i know my husband, doesn't drink coffee in the evenings. the whole episode hinges on that, and it's wrong lol....

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I dunno, I loving love The Boys. I loved The Witcher season 1 (season 2 was a huge disappointment). Loved Umbrella Academy season 2. Loved Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Like I know it's possible to make compelling shows but this show just can't get there.

tried watching the first few episodes with friends when it first came out and its just loving boring

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Never watched any of this. television sucks, gently caress all these shows.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Watchmen on HBO Max is actually pretty decent

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Lpzie posted:

oh there's more? i only saw the one where keiko is taken over and she gets to do some acting finally.... although there was that one episode where she's like, i know my husband, doesn't drink coffee in the evenings. the whole episode hinges on that, and it's wrong lol....

what season are you on?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

what the hell do you watch

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Buddykins posted:

tried watching the first few episodes with friends when it first came out and its just loving boring

You're a crackhead I don't think I could recommend anything to you for fear you'd find it boring.

Apr 7, 2003

Television is for boomers. Imagine getting excited to have some Sesame Street level plot poo poo stuffed into your brain and actually paying money for it. Gimme that copaganda, I'll pay you to feed it to me.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
interested in how netflix's sandman series is going to turn out i remember liking the comic quite a bit when i read it 15 years ago has a lot of potential but i could also see a lot of ways that it could get hosed up

Apr 7, 2003

CBS's entire line-up is cop dicksucking, six hours a night, seven nights a week. Some people watch that poo poo every day.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Not like, Star Trek maybe some people died, but just looked a dude in the eye and murdered him in cold blood

no that's Picard in the die hard episode....

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lol Game of Thrones was actually pretty good fairly often though. Stranger things has like 4-6 good moments total. Worse than Walking Dead.

Imo season 1 is the best, 2 sucks, 3 mostly sucks, 4 has sucked at points but is 2nd best

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I love that Marc Alaimo was so good at being Dukat that fans were becoming sympathetic to him, so the writers spent the last few seasons making him an unrepentant rear end in a top hat with no redeeming qualities

when I watched the ds9 doc that came out a few years ago, it seemed like nana visitor genuinely disliked mark alaimo. not sure if it's true though lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Zeriel posted:

Miles O'brian dies and is flat out replaced with a duplicate from another dimension and nobody says a word about it ever again.

lol yeah

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Buddykins posted:

Watchmen on HBO Max is actually pretty decent

kind of a mixed bag but worth watching overall

its disappointing that they bring up a bunch of historical stuff about inequality but the message at the end is basically "stay in ur place and things will work out if u believe they will"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

a.lo posted:

what the hell are you talking about

Trump

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Buddykins posted:

c-span, my neoliberal

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BAE OF PIGS posted:

1000% they will put USC and like PSU in the same division. And they'll name the divisions something even dumber than leaders and legends.

Oceans and Lakes is my guess.

there's also rumors that oregon and someone else, maybe stanford? want to join in like 2026

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Television is for boomers. Imagine getting excited to have some Sesame Street level plot poo poo stuffed into your brain and actually paying money for it. Gimme that copaganda, I'll pay you to feed it to me.

"Anyway guys I'm gonna go ride my bicycle like a totally grown up and not short at all man"

Apr 7, 2003

Buddykins posted:

loving nothing, I'd rather watch you post about getting jacked off in a closet than watch anything on TV or any movies right now

Apr 7, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

"Anyway guys I'm gonna go ride my bicycle like a totally grown up and not short at all man"

You're too weak to ride a bicycle

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You're too weak to ride a bicycle

Yeah, like a real man. Touch grass, pansy.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lpzie posted:

the federations energy source is actually the suffering of the enlisted crew

DS9 turned into a space fortress when it had O'Brian there to power it

Apr 7, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Yeah, like a real man. Touch grass, pansy.

Sad!

Apr 7, 2003

I'm going to go do about 70 miles on my bike tomorrow, and as I ride I will think about the extremely weak haters and losers. It isn't their fault that they made themselves hosed up!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zeriel posted:

Miles O'brian dies and is flat out replaced with a duplicate from another dimension and nobody says a word about it ever again.

didn't he also spend decades, cognitively, in a brain prison before escaping and getting back?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Virgil Vox posted:

what season are you on?

half way through five

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/status/1543424079302053888

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
plinky eat the pretzel crab

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Plinkey posted:

there's also rumors that oregon and someone else, maybe stanford? want to join in like 2026

Washington. But that's on hold because the conference is courting Notre Dame again for some dumbass reason (money).

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I chugged the beer anyways

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lol

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Yeah idk I mean, is it BAD or is it just not the best. I'm just at the point where I am proud of the kids acting their little hearts out so I'm not the best judge

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I like Search Party

Apr 7, 2003

He was limping badly from no physical activity. I said No!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Lol, art is cool even when it is controlled by capitalism