Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

khwarezm posted:

Is this that 'House of M' storyline that people are talking about where Scarlet Witch randomly became essentially a chthonic creator god in terms of power?

more or less, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Netflix is such a load of poo poo beyond their flagship stuff like stranger things, my kid put on some dumbass reality show where people hunt for pirate gold on an alaskan island and I wanted to smash the tv.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

priznat posted:

Netflix is such a load of poo poo beyond their flagship stuff like stranger things, my kid put on some dumbass reality show where people hunt for pirate gold on an alaskan island and I wanted to smash the tv.

ha ha ha that sounds so dumb what’s it called so I can laugh at it what’s it’s called tho

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

ha ha ha that sounds so dumb what’s it called so I can laugh at it what’s it’s called tho

“Pirate gold of Adak island” and I hate it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Holy poo poo. I think I have to watch it to experience the accent.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Which shitload, specifically?

Pretty much all the non-american and anime stuff and the less popular sitcoms

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

priznat posted:

Yeah it seems like yesterday when they were trying to do the prestige TV thing or bring back niche shows like MST3K. Now most of what they produce is trash. Amazon has them beat on quality, and Disney holds all of the big IP cards.

The Witcher is pretty much the last thing I watch on Netflix.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 3, 2022

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

X JAKK posted:

Star Trek is still ok though, right?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

colonelwest posted:

Yeah it seems like yesterday when they were trying to do the prestige TV thing or bring back niche shows like MST3K. Now most of what they produce is trash. Amazon has them beat on quality, and Disney holds all of the big IP cards.

The Witcher is pretty much the last thing I watch on Netflix.

Amazon, Disney and even Apple have more interesting stuff. The Apple one has been the fastest growth and they have some genuinely good 2nd tier stuff on there as well. (Ie not the flagship stuff but still good, especially the documentaries).

Once netflix puts in ads they will lose so many subscribers.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

X JAKK posted:

do you have a link to a list or something? google isn't turning up anything fresh

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cubone posted:

do you have a link to a list or something? google isn't turning up anything fresh

I saw a thing about they canceled the Steven Moffat show that had Rose Leslie from GoT in it, so there's that

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TerrerosIn26/status/1542691329171406849

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Have you heard the good news about The Criterion Channel?

It has the best film selection with no ads and is only $7.99 a month.

And not one star war or marvel.

You'd be a fool not to join.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

priznat posted:

Yeah I got rid of Netflix earlier this year because there's just nothing really on it anymore of quality, and their prices have just gotten higher and higher. I think I was paying more for Netflix than HBO Max which has a pretty strong content stream most of the time.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

priznat posted:

“Pirate gold of Adak island” and I hate it

Reminds me of the old reality show called Pirate Master, that was so unwatchable that after 8 episodes CBS put the final 6 episodes on their website, way back in 2007.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

mallratcal posted:

Reminds me of the old reality show called Pirate Master, that was so unwatchable that after 8 episodes CBS put the final 6 episodes on their website, way back in 2007.

The grandaddy of the dumb pirate treasure hunter shows has got to be one on oak island I imagine. Probably back in the 80s!

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Tom Hanks is the worst of the "great" actors. Just an unfathomably stupid man.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I've only seen 2 Tom Hanks movies made in the last 20 years (Cloud Atlas/Catch Me If You Can)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I finally cancelled my Netflix account

I'm free

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I just watched Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, which came out only a year apart and yet are very different distinctly 90s styles. And while Street Fighter is unarguably the better movie (Raul Julia was a gem), Mortal Kombat ends with Halcyon On and On so it has its merits.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

infernal machines posted:

And while Street Fighter is unarguably the better movie

Yikes.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am watching SNW in random episode order. Digging the human cast and Spock so far, they seem real characters and the over world is pretty live in.

That white alien crew member is however look very ugly and fake.

I got to say, an uber luxurious ship really enhance the viewing experience.

BTW, is this Spock the same Spock in TNC or this is an alternate timeline?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Go on then, argue it

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Mortal Kombat is a legitimately decent martial arts flick for its era while Street Fighter has one redeeming performance. There is no argument necessary.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mortal Kombat is probably the thread favorite for video game movies. They did a pretty good job considering the budget and when the movie was made. SF sucks poo poo anytime Raul Julia isn't on-screen.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

TTBF posted:

Mortal Kombat is a legitimately decent martial arts flick for its era while Street Fighter has one redeeming performance. There is no argument necessary.

It looks like a discount stage production and there is approximately one good martial arts fight. The Ray Harryhausen bad guy is the only other redeeming feature and he goes out like a chump in a bunch of bad cuts and weird angles

Street Fighter is pure ham.

Regrettable posted:

SF sucks poo poo anytime Raul Julia isn't on-screen.

Sure, but he's onscreen a lot, and it's so wonderfully goofy.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 3, 2022

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
whenever m bisons not on screen all the other street fighters should be asking wheres m bison?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mortal kombat kicked rear end

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

That DICK! posted:

...at sucking!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

AHH F/UGH posted:

...at sucking!!

you probably couldnt go to it because you were too scared. that's fine. but don't bring that poo poo in here.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

priznat posted:

They have a show called "Is It Cake?" where contestants look at items and try to choose which are cake and then make an item out of cake to fool others.

The Anime Liker posted:

Have you heard the good news about The Criterion Channel?

It has the best film selection with no ads and is only $7.99 a month.

And not one star war or marvel.

You'd be a fool not to join.
It's $10.99/month or $99.99/yr as far as I can tell.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I hated Mortal Kombat in the 90s because "wah, not like game"

Then I got older and it's an all-time banger. It whips rear end.

Street Fighter is an embarrassing unwatchable shitheap but Raul Julia owns.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

infernal machines posted:

Go on then, argue it

They are both garbage movies. The difference is Street Fighter was recognized as garbage on release day. At least dumbass teens enjoyed MK at the time.

Plus they turned the Street Fighter movie into a game, and it is the WORST SF game in the entire series. Movie failed twice, it was a proto Morbius.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

That DICK! posted:

you probably couldnt go to it because you were too scared. that's fine. but don't bring that poo poo in here.

One day when I was a young child my father took me to see Mortal Combat. But early in the movie when Scorpion showed up, I got very frightened and peed myself. My father walked me out of the theater horribly ashamed of me and the giant wet spot on my pants. When we got into the car, he told me that I would never be a real man and he wished he had a better son.

To this day I still immediately and violently void my bladder whenever I see even a single clip from that movie.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 3, 2022

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Murdstone posted:

It's $10.99/month or $99.99/yr as far as I can tell.

Yup

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

AHH F/UGH posted:

I just rewatched Fight Club because we were discussing twist endings

It doesn't hold up very well tbh

AHH F/UGH posted:

baz luhrmann is a hack for real, great gatsby was supreme dogshit

AHH F/UGH posted:

That DICK! posted:

...at sucking!!

agreed with all of htese

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Mortal Kombat is astoundingly cheap looking because they absolutely went to town with the 90s CGI, and everything else looks like it was dressed by a community theatre and has all of four people on screen at once.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They are both garbage movies. The difference is Street Fighter was recognized as garbage on release day. At least dumbass teens enjoyed MK at the time.

Plus they turned the Street Fighter movie into a game, and it is the WORST SF game in the entire series. Movie failed twice, it was a proto Morbius.

Street fighter is so unapologetically trash that it is wonderful to watch.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

colonelwest posted:

One day when I was a young child my father took me to see Mortal Combat. But early in the movie when Scorpion showed up, I got very frightened and peed myself. My father walked me out of the theater horribly ashamed of me and the giant wet spot on my pants. When we got into the car, he told me that I would never be a real man and he wished he had a better son.

more and more this is happening

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

colonelwest posted:

but for him, it was tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Of course I peed my pants! Everyone my age pees their pants it's the coolest!