Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i made this for when ferrari inevitably gently caress it up tomorrow

It's wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
So tomorrow will Sainz drop the position to Max into turn 1 or will he build a lead and Ferrari will gently caress up the strategy OR will he build a lead and then Ferrari engine failure.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Astaldo posted:

Can someone explain the good- or badness of Silverstone to me?
It is all bad except for the Hamilton Straight

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

treble posted:

It’s really sad how much abuse Max gets.

So easy to troll this dumb thread.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i made this for when ferrari inevitably gently caress it up tomorrow

Phwoar

Just caught up on quali, happy to see Carlos get pole but that whole session was wild.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Sab0921 posted:

So tomorrow will Sainz drop the position to Max into turn 1 or will he build a lead and Ferrari will gently caress up the strategy OR will he build a lead and then Ferrari engine failure.

Yes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sainz bullies max off the track in turn 1, engine failure by lap 30, leclerc hosed badly by team orders, pit fuckups, and ultimately an engine failure by lap 25 lost in the commentary's focus on the BRITISH TRIO

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Sab0921 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmWgskZFkh4

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Astaldo posted:

I've been watching F1 a long time and the old people that introduced me to it around 1995 always said they didn't like Silverstone much and over time I thought it was generally considered one of the lesser tracks.

Nowadays I reed a lot of it being the best track ever in the media and F1-related comments, about it having high speed corners and it being a classic racing circuit, whatever that last thing means.

Has the view changed in these years? And what constitutes a 'good' track for most?

It's a pretty boring track but now that every new circuit is a "street circuit" a racing track that was actually built and designed for high speed racing send incredible by comparison.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Astaldo posted:

Yeah someone mentioned to me they should just put more camera's that are on the hangar and hamilton straight so you get more sense of speed which seemed like a nice and easy solution to me.

More wide angle helicopter shots. Everything is shot so tight in right now

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I think some real yikes poo poo might just have happened in F2

Edit: The halo is loving magic holy poo poo yo

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
^^^^yeah that poo poo was p crazy

goddamnit, Hauger, hope he's ok :norway:

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
That would have been instant death for Nissany without the halo, holy poo poo

Pale Ale
Sep 10, 2001

Yeah I know that but do you honestly expect England to even slightly challenge Australia in the finals? They will be demolished.
Halo just saved another life

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

over here shouting usa usa at 4am

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Wholly caused by Nissany of course. This is his 7th year of GP2/F2, always doing dumb dangerous poo poo.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

the paradigm shift posted:

over here shouting usa usa at 4am

did I hear them say it was the first US pole? that true?

unrelated, I think these F2 cars look pretty fuckin cool

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

did I hear them say it was the first US pole? that true?

unrelated, I think these F2 cars look pretty fuckin cool

f2 is still a pretty new thing. for example lewis was still racing in gp2

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

the paradigm shift posted:

f2 is still a pretty new thing. for example lewis was still racing in gp2

gottcha

found a clip:

https://twitter.com/MrMatthewCFB/status/1543523637491367941

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Battle between the safety of the halo and the bloodthirst of the sausage kerb is won by safety.... this time. Luck is going to run out eventually launching cars into the air like that.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/AbbieEaton44/status/1543530625675689990

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Down side of C4 coverage, while you are all watching awesome FP2 racing I have to make do with Sunday Brunch

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
first complete f2 race i've seen, that was p cool

edit: grats on the win my dudes :911:

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 3, 2022

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

first complete f2 race i've seen, that was p cool

When I went to Silverstone in 2013 the highlight of the weekend was the GP2 race, it was amazing.
Also amazing was Lewis's tyre exploding and Are Rossie winning the race. The looks I got from the disgruntled Best Fans when I cheered was like receiving nectar from the cup of the gods.

*edit* Also amazing was the kiosk that sold me the best vegatable curry udan noodles I have ever had in my life. Never found anything to compare since.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 3, 2022

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

lol Theo Pourchaire in the cool down room watching the footage said "always the same guy, huh?"

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

sausage kerbs are cool

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

*edit* Also amazing was the kiosk that sold me the best vegatable curry udan noodles I have ever had in my life. Never found anything to compare since.

This is the weirdest coincidence - i spent most of my youtube time last week watching those fly-on-the-wall videos of small diners and restaurants in tokyo, making among other things curry udon, haha

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

At least he got taken out by the car he ran off the circuit

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

lol Theo Pourchaire in the cool down room watching the footage said "always the same guy, huh?"

viaplay talked to hauger after the race and got some good quotes

"He drives like that at every race and tries to push everyone off the track. His driving style is that of a four year old."

"Everyone in the championship knows how little of his brain he uses on track. We both got out ok, and that's the most important part. But karma came back to bite him."

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Thanks Ants posted:

At least he got taken out by the car he ran off the circuit

Didn’t notice this at first but that was pretty nice.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I bring news from the hallowed lands of the Porsche Supercup. The blokes they have sweeping the track. They are very sweepy.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

J33uk posted:

I bring news from the hallowed lands of the Porsche Supercup. The blokes they have sweeping the track. They are very sweepy.

some decent racing in this imo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

LochNessMonster posted:

Didn’t notice this at first but that was pretty nice.

This is a good overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC4CwRpoA8I

He loses the car a bit trying to keep the inside line, possibly touched a bit but whatever, then keeps it planted as he runs off the track and comes back on across the front of Hauger who he then drives into while trying to squeeze. Looks like he's in a "don't lose more places at all costs" mode and just makes dumb gently caress choices.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

yeah that was scary as gently caress lol, makes the sausage kerbs look like genuine insanity

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Astaldo posted:

I've been watching F1 a long time and the old people that introduced me to it around 1995 always said they didn't like Silverstone much and over time I thought it was generally considered one of the lesser tracks.

Nowadays I reed a lot of it being the best track ever in the media and F1-related comments, about it having high speed corners and it being a classic racing circuit, whatever that last thing means.

Has the view changed in these years? And what constitutes a 'good' track for most?
Hating everything to do with the UK is very popular.
The UK hating everything that isn't them is very popular.

Silverstone is mid-tier of the classic circuits, which puts it above every tilke-drome and street circuit (sans Baku, the Jewel in the crown) and usually produces decent races. The hate for it is just people volume adjusting their opinion because it's in the UK.
The previous configurations of it were even better however, so some people are just salty they don't run the old layout.
Some part of that is a reaction to the fact they're watching British presenters on the British broadcast talking about the British drivers at the British GP and it makes them mad every time the coverage comes around.

For however it looks on TV, the circuit is incredible fun in a sim. The high speed sections are real easy-to-learn, difficult-to-master material.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Silverstone is flat because that's the requirement for an airfield, which it used to be.

If anybody is interested, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Silverstone

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I bought my Dad some track time at Silverstone for Father's Day this year. It's a fun as hell circuit to drive.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Khablam posted:

A good post

This is a good opinion. Except, as a Brit, I dont hate anyone. Maybe Putin, he seems a bad fellow

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Silverstone is fun because it has wildly fast corners (see Max getting punted into the wall by Lewis at 180 mph last year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Im watching European lemans race atm, 4 hrs of Monza.

50 odd mins left.

Also have the tour de france going picture in picture.

Kind of annoyed I missed the F2 race though