Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So this weapon was this powerful at one point in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Hunt11 posted:

Those gargoyles deserve a lot harsher words then just one gently caress.

Was cathartic watching him body them

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Those gargoyles deserve a lot harsher words then just one gently caress.

God they stonewalled me so hard when I played. Possibly harder than any other boss.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Wiltsghost posted:

Even in it's nerfed state it's pretty good but yea this poo poo was insane on 1.0

EDIT: I feel like you can do this same kind of run on the current game but use the Blackflame Blade because its also ridiculous (still) and I think you get it from Rykard.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

AHH F/UGH posted:

ngl i'm kinda zoned out, this is just too much zipping around with quit-outs and warps except for the boss fights

Thats fromsoft speedruns. I'm kinda lukewarm on them sometimes. I like the Elden Ring run tho.

My ideal speedrun is 'game played mostly as intended at an excellent level' and fromsoft is mostly just clipping out of bounds.

At least the bossfights tend to be rad.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

SGDQ2022: Games go fast, incentives go slowly.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ive heard people talk about this game before so funnily enough i already knew about the super broken laser beam sword. Its cool as hell

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

PneumonicBook posted:

Even in it's nerfed state it's pretty good but yea this poo poo was insane on 1.0

EDIT: I feel like you can do this same kind of run on the current game but use the Blackflame Blade because its also ridiculous (still) and I think you get it from Rykard.

Dang, I think I have it. Have to mess around with it some.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Wiltsghost posted:

Dang, I think I have it. Have to mess around with it some.

It carried me through the game after Night and Flame got nerfed. Its real good.

EDIT: lol not sure if youre talking about blackflame or night and fire, both are still very good on live but yea blackflame is especially dumb

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Wiltsghost posted:

yea lol early elden ring was insane

although theres been different op weapons/ashes for certain patches. maybe this one's the most op?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

AlphaKeny1 posted:

although theres been different op weapons/ashes for certain patches. maybe this one's the most op?

I feel like the Icerind Hatchet was just as OP if not more because of how spammable it was.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

AlphaKeny1 posted:

It is. This isn't even 1.0. It's specifically 1.2 because this patch actually broke RKR I think

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I knew there were crazy weapons but I've never seen them in action lol

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Cernunnos posted:

It is. This isn't even 1.0. It's specifically 1.2 because this patch actually broke RKR I think

lol I never even knew about rkr, +80% damage on the next attack is such an insane buff. Man Elden Ring was good.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

PneumonicBook posted:

I feel like the Icerind Hatchet was just as OP if not more because of how spammable it was.

pre-nerf hoarfrost stomp was probably the most straightforwards and safest for general use, but SN&F would cream bosses like nothing else before or since and you could get it up and running in well under half an hour

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Vermain posted:

pre-nerf hoarfrost stomp was probably the most straightforwards and safest for general use, but SN&F would cream bosses like nothing else before or since and you could get it up and running in well under half an hour

Yea I think I found Icerind before Night and Fire and just assumed nothing would ever be as OP. I couldnt even use night and fire until later because of the faith and int requirement.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm surprised nobody's asked (jokingly) why this isn't All Bosses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dILsMNio_BE

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Cernunnos posted:

I'm surprised nobody's asked (jokingly) why this isn't All Bosses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dILsMNio_BE

Holy poo poo 7 hours lol?

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
165 bosses lol

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

Holy poo poo 7 hours lol?

Don't you want more GDQ?!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Sanguine noble went too hard in the paint.

Also duh Im dumb, I didnt even realize all bosses was...every boss. So yea 7 hours plus all the caves and poo poo. drat.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ok byyyeeee

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Vermain posted:

hoarfrost was so amazing and was what let me beat melania but the sword of night and fire is probably better for bosses like fire giant, too

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Ravus posted:

Don't you want more GDQ?!

Would legit watch that at GDQ lmao

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

AlphaKeny1 posted:

hoarfrost was so amazing and was what let me beat melania but the sword of night and fire is probably better for bosses like fire giant, too

I heard about the nerf an hour or two before it happened and went as hard as I could at endgame before my PS5 decided to just auto install it, it installed it right before the Fire Giant

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hmmm 165k in 1 hour actually might not happen for the bonus run, donations are not coming in anywhere near as fast as i expected

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Don't think LilAggy has played in a gdq since AGDQ21 but he did commentate the blindfolded Sekiro run while sick from covid this year.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Dude chilling with half a million runes really triggering me. PIZZA INCENTIVE MET!

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
PIZZA SWAP WOOOO!... okay what is pizza swap?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

TheMopeSquad posted:

It has something to do with the axe that spins like a pizza cutter...I assume. But this is gdq so who knows.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

TheMopeSquad posted:

basically it's sort of like any weapon can hit like 100 times a second, sort of like the ocarina of time sword glitch

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

PneumonicBook posted:

It has something to do with the axe that spins like a pizza cutter...I assume. But this is gdq so who knows.

NOPE

This is something even more absurd

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

they need ~2800 a minute to hit 3 million

in the last minute they raised exactly 300

hmmm

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I KNEW THAT SHIELD WOULD gently caress HIM bahahahaa

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol carion knight hosed him up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh hey this is the boss that carbot did an animation for today

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Cernunnos posted:

NOPE

This is something even more absurd

ah, i see that gdq has shown me insanity i didnt know existed yet again.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

this is going well

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

ha ha oh NO

Ravus posted:

This is the best possible thing to have happened. Love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

This is the best possible thing to have happened. Love this.