Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

priznat posted:

Fall guys rules because you can’t get mad about failing to qualify for a level it is just the randomness of the universe loving you up that time.

loving watch me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

I would understand these counter arguments if we were talking about top end PC parts or something but this situation is more like he's buying a new Nissan Versa but he doesn't want to pay the extra $100 for an automatic.

No he wants to buy the base model Honda Civic but people are telling him to buy a fully loaded Honda Accord(4 cylinder not 6).

Edit oh and other people are saying to get a used accord from the shady guy down the street.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 2, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MJBuddy posted:

loving watch me

Lol, I can understand the feeling!

I want to know what people can do in the game to warrant the prominent “report” button tho

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

MJBuddy posted:

loving watch me

I got some rubberbanding going on during the volleyball game once, the only time it's ever happened, and I was furious

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have a series s and x and honestly the type of games I actually play 99% of the time it would have been just fine for me to have an s. I also have a ps5 though so stuff like elden ring I played there (no idea how it runs on s)

Gamepass was by far my most played thing for about a year but this year it was like… FF14 expansion, elden ring, and then surprisingly a shitload of good stuff came out on switch that was distracting me.

I do play a bunch of the coop stuff as it comes out with friends on weekends, easier than convincing people to buy a game to try it

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

priznat posted:

I want to know what people can do in the game to warrant the prominent “report” button tho

I think there used to be a more rampant cheating problem. It’s hard to tell for sure cause there does seem to be some graphical lag for some players that makes it look like they are jumping or running faster than others.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
far cry 5 is totally dope, especially the Clutch Nixon missions

Far Cry 6 introduced a whole system of fukin armor pieces and loot and i played it for like 4 hours and barely shot anything so i haven't gone back yet

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

slave to my cravings posted:

I think there used to be a more rampant cheating problem. It’s hard to tell for sure cause there does seem to be some graphical lag for some players that makes it look like they are jumping or running faster than others.

Cheating at Fall Guys needs its own psychological diagnosis.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The way they dealt with cheaters was cool I think they made a blog post about it. Instead of banning the hackers they just put a flag on their account and only allowed them to queue into lobbies with other flagged hackers so you’d end up with quarantined matches of 60 beans flying around and grabbing the crown instantly.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
If you only have a 1080 TV (more than half the country when this gen started) and don’t need discs, the S is just fine, there will still be some differences but nothing dramatic.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I bought an S because it was the only next gen option available for a good long time. If the others actually are becoming more available now I might just upgrade (to an X)

Luckily it plays the upgraded Resident Evil 2 (and most everything else) just fine

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Used XSX systems are starting to get traded in at my old store. So they are out there.
I kind of want an S for my bedroom if I can get a used one with no paddle for 200.
Does game streaming work from the vcr xbone if you have an xsx on the same network?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I bought an S because it was the only next gen option available for a good long time. If the others actually are becoming more available now I might just upgrade (to an X)

Luckily it plays the upgraded Resident Evil 2 (and most everything else) just fine

same, i tried for 6 fuckin months to get a series x and every time they went up they'd sell out within seconds due to bots

i'll get one when i can just waltz into a walmart or wherever and buy one, and then give my series s to my nephews

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

If you want an s to mainly use as a set top box or whatever, the 1x is probably a lot cheaper and just as good for that

The 1x is a beast. Lot more hdd space too

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

priznat posted:

I used it a couple times today for “inactivity”. Some of the Spartan Showdown events can drag on for a while if a some people aren’t actually playing.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The one x isn't even made anymore so you'll have to find a used one and hope it was taken care of. Also it has an hdd and the S has an ssd. I'd take games loading faster over a slightly higher resolution.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The SX has been in stock on Microsoft.com for like two weeks. rip

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Yeah the one x was decent enough but I'm happier with quick resume and all the rest

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
to be honest i was planning on getting a Failstation 5 with the Series rear end as a second console because i have a ton of PS digital purchases and i also want FF7R and FF16 when it comes out but i might just get both if i can get approval from my landlord to raise the ceiling of my apartment

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just played a bunch of 5 player turtle couch coop. Was fun for everyone, even the player who never plays video games and stood by herself punching the air with a microphone most of the game.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

About ready to turn my One X into a Series X.

If you have a decent enough of a connection, a new Samsung TV with the Xbox app to stream games would be a great low key couch coop machine.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I never played the Yakuza games, and Zero was on sale for $5 so I spent that Microsoft gift cash that I actually got for once on it.

Ok… I’m a permanent resident of Japan. Not a Japanophile as much as anyone who’s chosen to raise a family here can keep themselves from becoming.

This game is blowing my mind wide open. Everything makes sense from a Japanese perspective IMO; the design choices, the abilities and limitations, and of course it’s just Japanese through-and-through unlike anything else. Just the right amount of goofiness and geekiness, intentional and unintentional hilarity.

But it’s the plot and gameplay that have hooked me. How did I sleep on this poo poo? (I’m a stubborn bastard who’s been using an Xbox here since the 360 days, that’s how). This game fuckin’ rules and is right up there with stuff like RDR2 for me as the greatest of all-time for me. Seriously, quit laughing. It pushes all my buttons.

Everything but the Kiwami games are on GamePass (keeps winning). Sounds like 5 and 6 crush it again, might get a bit murky for a while. Is 3 bad enough to just do a YouTube overview of?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
3 is the first mainline game on the PS3 generation and they were still figuring poo poo out. The enemies block attacks way too much and they had just changed writers so the best character in 2 gets written out and the story makes no real sense.

I like 4 even if the story makes even less sense but 5 is really good (but you should probably at least play through 4, for the characters that get introduced)

I mean the story in 5 also makes no sense (the two games with sensible stories are 0 and 2, and maybe 1 to a lesser extent ) but it has the most side activities to do and the side stuff is the best part of the games

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 3, 2022

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Fall Guys is exactly the dumb meaningless game I needed. It's the perfect game to play when Apex is too sweaty. The best thing about the game is watching the morons/children who struggle to get through levels after you beat it.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Live At Five! posted:

Fall Guys is exactly the dumb meaningless game I needed. It's the perfect game to play when Apex is too sweaty. The best thing about the game is watching the morons/children who struggle to get through levels after you beat it.

My wife made an entire server watch her do dumb poo poo for like a full minute because she took the controller over from my preschool daughter who wanted a turn. Just set up little bombs and blew herself up in front of the finish line because everyone had to watch her.

E: also I had a final round survival in which my duo teammate and I were the final two so I just ran over and hugged him and we just danced and hugged together while the server was forced to watch us if they wanted their rewards for the run.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

MJBuddy posted:

My wife made an entire server watch her do dumb poo poo for like a full minute because she took the controller over from my preschool daughter who wanted a turn. Just set up little bombs and blew herself up in front of the finish line because everyone had to watch her.

E: also I had a final round survival in which my duo teammate and I were the final two so I just ran over and hugged him and we just danced and hugged together while the server was forced to watch us if they wanted their rewards for the run.

I was extremely stoned the first time I played so I definitely made other people watch me die over and over because I couldn't manage to make jumps.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I got to play Fall Guys for the first time last night with a friend and it's really fun. Really stupid, and somehow also really hard. Out of ~21 games, we qualified like 8 times and never made it to the finals. If that's even how it works, idk lol

We did run into a few people who just idled or spun in circles after everyone finished.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The people who are finished should be able to fire cannons at the people still putzing around after a certain point lol.

I am bad I have only made it to the finals once and that was being carried as a duo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

I never played the Yakuza games, and Zero was on sale for $5 so I spent that Microsoft gift cash that I actually got for once on it.

Ok… I’m a permanent resident of Japan. Not a Japanophile as much as anyone who’s chosen to raise a family here can keep themselves from becoming.

This game is blowing my mind wide open. Everything makes sense from a Japanese perspective IMO; the design choices, the abilities and limitations, and of course it’s just Japanese through-and-through unlike anything else. Just the right amount of goofiness and geekiness, intentional and unintentional hilarity.

But it’s the plot and gameplay that have hooked me. How did I sleep on this poo poo? (I’m a stubborn bastard who’s been using an Xbox here since the 360 days, that’s how). This game fuckin’ rules and is right up there with stuff like RDR2 for me as the greatest of all-time for me. Seriously, quit laughing. It pushes all my buttons.

Everything but the Kiwami games are on GamePass (keeps winning). Sounds like 5 and 6 crush it again, might get a bit murky for a while. Is 3 bad enough to just do a YouTube overview of?

Nice!!!! Play 0 it’s unreal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

3 is the first mainline game on the PS3 generation and they were still figuring poo poo out. The enemies block attacks way too much and they had just changed writers so the best character in 2 gets written out and the story makes no real sense.

I like 4 even if the story makes even less sense but 5 is really good (but you should probably at least play through 4, for the characters that get introduced)

I mean the story in 5 also makes no sense (the two games with sensible stories are 0 and 2, and maybe 1 to a lesser extent ) but it has the most side activities to do and the side stuff is the best part of the games

I think 5 is the funniest game I’ve ever played.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a fellow resident of Japan the greatest sin of the Yakuza games is making Yokohama chinese food seem acceptable in quality

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Sweeet. I just can’t believe this beautiful series is here waiting for me. Honestly, I’m

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nice!!!! Play 0 it’s unreal

doing this right now, and it is unreal. I’m bugging the poo poo out of friends about it, and as most of my friends live here I’m just some newly baptized kid preaching to the choir. Kicking my son off the TV (the Switch is also a handheld, yo), getting yelled at by the wife to go bed.

Good series.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sega not porting the entire series to switch just because one Wii port sold badly a hundred years ago is one of the biggest instances of money left on the table I can think of in gaming

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sega not porting the entire series to switch just because one Wii port sold badly a hundred years ago is one of the biggest instances of money left on the table I can think of in gaming

Perfect Dark PC :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PC gamers don’t pay for games

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
poo poo, Carrion is leaving game pass soon. I'm going to have to figure out how to get unstuck and finish it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
If you connect your Fall Guys account to your Amazon Prime account you get free stuff.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

hatty posted:

The SX has been in stock on Microsoft.com for like two weeks. rip

Series X has been broadly available in the UK for the past few months now. Microsoft reportedly paid for microchip priority so if that's the case it's definitely made an impact.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't think the later games would run on the switch at all though. I know the "older" engine was basically a PS3 game so they could do Yakuza 0, 3-5, but you'd be missing some pretty big gaps in there

Yakuza is weird, I absolutely LOVE the series and 0 and Like a Dragon are some of my favorite games ever but I find it so hard to actually start and finish one. They're long games!! And There's so much! I haven't played 3-6 at all But 0, Kiwami 1 Kiwami 2 is such a good, satisfying story and LAD is incredible

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

That said even though I don't currently play PC stuff I always support PC ports. Like I have a steam library with games from 2006 and they're perfectly playable today instead of like, having to buy Super Mario World 17 times

I actually really respect what MS has been doing with this, trying to unify your account across gens and let you play a game you bought ages ago. A bit different since it wasn't 100% digital from day 1 but the intent is there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Series X has been broadly available in the UK for the past few months now. Microsoft reportedly paid for microchip priority so if that's the case it's definitely made an impact.

Specifically they secured the priority contracts that Sony let lapse even though they were already under supplied compared to Microsoft and Nintendo. Lol.