Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The hell just happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

That boss guy had fabulous hair.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Just walk up to Radagon and stand there why didnt I think of that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If the milestone was 2.9 it’d have been a fun photo finish

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Only $103,000 you guys

snort

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they actually raised a lot of money in the last few minutes, feels like they didn't really push very hard for most of the run

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
love that somehow in playtesting From Software didnt have a single person that just ran behind the last two bosses.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
A failed final incentive, wow - going to be interesting to see how GDQ staff handles this.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

That was a fantastic run.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kestral posted:

I am not too proud to admit that I had to do that Radagon glitch to beat the game. The final boss was so infuriating on my mage build that I simply couldn't tolerate going through the Radagon fight each time to make attempts.

For me Hoarfrost stomp was still GOAT and helped me beat a lot of the tough endgame bosses, and Elden Beast glitched out for me allowing me some free hits. By that time I had a lot of open world fatigue (yet also continued the game afterwards to find all the spots I missed) so I didn't mind cheese.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kestral posted:

A failed final incentive, wow - going to be interesting to see how GDQ staff handles this.

they're 100% going to add in twitch sub money via announcement and do the run anyway

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Frenzied goatse

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Kestral posted:

They can't end on a bum note, that'd be such a bad idea. I hope they have some skips up their sleeve.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

It's pretty clear they're doing some sort of thinking right now onhow to handle this since they haven't quite cut yet

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

that ending is so cool

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

they're 100% going to add in twitch sub money via announcement and do the run anyway

They already did, but they can dump in what they got during the run, doubt it’s more than 10k tho

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ravus posted:

They can't end on a bum note, that'd be such a bad idea. I hope they have some skips up their sleeve.

stall for time by adding bloodstained back into the schedule

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Go on Cata, vamp for 30 minutes.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Solid proof that FF6, Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid are the only games you're legally allowed to end GDQ on

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Legit I'd donate if they did that :sun:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

When I was a kid, I always dreamed of playing Elden Ring

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Want to thank my wonderful commentators who didnt say anything because cata is in fact the only commentator he needs lol

CarlCX posted:

Solid proof that FF6, Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid are the only games you're legally allowed to end GDQ on

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Great run

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kestral posted:

the “pricing” has been off for the entire event tbh. at least two bonus games had to get pushed back to get the goal met and those that weren’t just barely scraped by the skin of their teeth.

final game being a bonus game is a pretty big misstep imo. hard to get excited about the final run of the event when we don’t even know if it’s going to be run or not!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The 7th Guest posted:

They already did, but they can dump in what they got during the run, doubt it’s more than 10k tho

oh I missed when they dumped in the twitch subs, when was that?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

oh I missed when they dumped in the twitch subs, when was that?
During the event recap.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Honestly, even with missing the final incentive this was a pretty successful GDQ. Hiccups here and there and the Blacktastic getting kind of hosed not withstanding

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

CarlCX posted:

Ahem. Undertale :colbert:

Kaubocks posted:

the “pricing” has been off for the entire event tbh. at least two bonus games had to get pushed back to get the goal met and those that weren’t just barely scraped by the skin of their teeth.

final game being a bonus game is a pretty big misstep imo. hard to get excited about the final run of the event when we don’t even know if it’s going to be run or not!

Absolutely agreed on all points. There's gotta be some real soul-searching about their pricing for next AGDQ.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I mean it's the last one, just screw the incentive who cares lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The 7th Guest posted:

During the event recap.

ah that makes sense

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

That was some good vamping cata, good job.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kaubocks posted:

they have done it successfully before, but i agree. last run on the schedule should not be a bonus game for this reason

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Deer force

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Yeah, can't help but wonder if people are feeling the pinch from inflation and gas prices and w/e so not shocked they didn't quite get 3 million, but still, glad they raised as much as they did.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

My conspiracy theory is that this GDQ ended up poorly timed, considering the whole "we're entering a recession" narrative we keep hearing about. The economy's been better. That being said, almost $3 million is still incredible.

Edit: Yeah, what OneMoreTime said

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

OneMoreTime posted:

Honestly, even with missing the final incentive this was a pretty successful GDQ. Hiccups here and there and the Blacktastic getting kind of hosed not withstanding

Yeah tech issues are to be expected with first on-site event in a while plus constantly switching between remote and onsite.

He really is stalling for 100k, but pretty soon he's gonna have to start telling jokes or something

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CarlCX posted:

undertale and smrpg as well

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hahahaha they are legit stalling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

yeah aint happening lmao