Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Boba Pearl posted:

Already covered by a mod

Yeah I slam posted before actually catching up

Jerk ruined the fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

The Saddest Rhino posted:

[someone posts an unfunny fetish comic in response]

sigh some comics are not okay

Uh huh, uh huh. Gotcha, loud and clear.

Funny fetish comics only.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

are the fetish comics ok if they're censored?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

You can try

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

No comic is a bad fit here, lol at gatekeeping them

I do not know what lore Olympus is but I guess keep posting it if you want

It's a modern day retelling of the Persephone and Hades myth from ancient Greece except everyone is a blob of color with weirdly changing proportions and a 40 year old (thousands of years old?) god creeping on a teenager god (not thousands of years old) is cool and good somehow. The whole thing's being posted in the CCCC thread by 100YrsofAttitude and they've been posting it for two years. We're not caught up yet.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822798&userid=199607&perpage=40&pagenumber=32#post505630776

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

B...but it's the faces that are the worst part!

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Lore Olympus gives me major Jeffery Epstein vibes.

Like, it's whole thing is about how relationships with massive power imbalances and age gaps are actually cool and good and you're the weirdo if you think otherwise.

Moon over June and legacy of deegan are technically worse I suppose, but they don't make my skin crawl in quite the same way

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah for clarity lore olympus is extremely bad for a lot of reasons and i won't actually be posting it. i will, however, be posting a highly-censored Moon over June starting next tuesday

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:barf: in advance.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I am concerned (The Half-Life and Death of Gordon Frohman) (webcomic)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

oh no i mean

ok here's the thing, people are gonna post comics they like and some people don't like them, and i believe it's good for people to also discuss what they like and don't like about them. there's some ribbing of the less-than-detailed manga faces but the thread went in a bit of an unironic "actually all anime/manga is bad" tangent and that's a bit above and beyond so let's not go that far next time. also i mean stand still stay silent also got its fair share of complaints that the artstyle is gorgeous but everyone has almost identical faces. and i was one of the people who was not into the property of hate at all but people do enjoy them. we have a bunch of lurkers who look at these comics too

so yeah comics are good, criticism is good, just stay balanced y'all

ultimately all comics are okay

i think

[someone posts an unfunny fetish comic in response]

sigh some comics are not okay
Lore Olympus is an unfunny fetish comic.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Was Jeb posted in here or was it some other thread?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Boba Pearl posted:

True, but it lacked vagina afros, making it a tiny bit better. I know that sounds like I'm dissing a natural cut, but I'm not, it's the weirdest pube cut you've ever seen.
You forgot the uniball

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I've read the first two volumes of A Bride's Story now and yeah this art is ridiculously intricate. Now to decide if I'm gonna read the rest on my own or follow the posting in the thread.

...I'll probably do the former because it's 13 volumes already and still ongoing.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah for clarity lore olympus is extremely bad for a lot of reasons and i won't actually be posting it. i will, however, be posting a highly-censored Moon over June starting next tuesday

Guidance for this effort:
"...Death to all modifiers, he declared one day, and out of every letter that passed through his hands went every adverb and every adjective. The next day he made war on articles. He reached a much higher plane of creativity the following day when he blacked out everything in the letters but a, an and the. That erected more dynamic intralinear tensions, he felt, and in just about every case left a message far more universal... "

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Guidance for this effort:
"...Death to all modifiers, he declared one day, and out of every letter that passed through his hands went every adverb and every adjective. The next day he made war on articles. He reached a much higher plane of creativity the following day when he blacked out everything in the letters but a, an and the. That erected more dynamic intralinear tensions, he felt, and in just about every case left a message far more universal... "

A choice between Lore Olympics or Moon Over June is the true Catch 22.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

'I will be posting Moon Over June' is truly an inexplicable humblebrag.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

thetoughestbean posted:

Lore Olympus is the most popular comic on Webtoon. It’s a retelling of the story of Hades and Persephone. It’s so popular that they started printing a physical version, the first volume of which sold incredibly well. The bookstore I work has received at least four whole boxes of the second volume… I fear for when it hits the shelves.

I haven’t read it myself but it’s popularity is incredibly noteworthy

carrionman posted:

Like, it's whole thing is about how relationships with massive power imbalances and age gaps are actually cool and good and you're the weirdo if you think otherwise.

I think the things that make it bad are what gave it the breakthrough momentum, the writing is all retreads of already outdated and overdone elements from romance novels and soap operas. Not to say that there's anything inherently wrong with romance novels and soap operas, just that LO lifts every tired old trope from those and uses them to create cheap heat that appeals to the lowest common denominator reader.

Also I find the way womens' faces are drawn in that comic to be completely obnoxious. Tiny pouty baby mouths with huge gormless eyes.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Shageletic posted:

I need a cigarette after that Bride's Story post. Jesus Christ visual overload

The fact that the artist can also draw CRAP embroidery, oh my goodness.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

:sickos:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I see your trite, overplayed Moon over June threat and raise with..

quote:

Surfing on the internet, I found a comic so horrific that reading it is a challenge to anyone's sanity. My mind went temporarily blind at the index just by the hideous drawing. It's like my own brain tried to prevent me from reading the comic. I persisted; I wanted to see how bad this could be.

And now I'm here… I've seen Look What I've Brought Home.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

luchadornado posted:

I see your trite, overplayed Moon over June threat and raise with..

Jesus wept

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ah yeah that's much better dude. thanks for that

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
:yeah: except it says "Bleah" and has a frowning dribbling mouth

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

hello from the past. is there an audience herein for epic webcomics?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:barf: look what you've done to this thread!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

By popular demand posted:

:barf: look what you've done to this thread!

look people were asking for moon over june i'm just providing options

also EGS last updated 3 days ago. longest break 3 weeks over 20.5 years. i am forced to acknowledge the hustle

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

EGS is honestly pretty good these days, it's just hard to recommend because of everything in the early years. Around ten years ago the author seemingly discovered what being trans is actually about and the entire comic got cast in a whole new light.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, I guess the thread had been doing real well for just a bit too long anyway

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

EGS is honestly pretty good these days, it's just hard to recommend because of everything in the early years. Around ten years ago the author seemingly discovered what being trans is actually about and the entire comic got cast in a whole new light.

i should catch up. i read it when i was a kid and did not at all get that the tf/tg stuff was supposed to be horny. literally did not enter my mind. just funny jokes and magic wristbands and i thought susan was cool. stopped reading in i think 06/07, the weird janitor who might be satan arc after the party

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto—Battlefield Kanto Part 4: Silver Standard
Chapter 34: Power Surge

There are some great lines in this chapter.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
save us wizard master

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

'Ommmmminus hummmmmm' is kinda good actually, chuckleworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Please don't make me reread Schlock Mercenary. A far less discerning Whybird loved it at the time and I dread to think how badly it's aged.