Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My first thoughts for Blue Mages are Threads of Fate and Brave Fencer Musashi. Threads of Fate you get to hold onto like 10 different monster forms to fight with at one time. Brave Fencer Musashi I'm a bit fuzzier on but I vaguely remember you could absorb enemies into your sword to get limited use abilities, both to fight and solve puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Procrastine posted:

Ditto isn't a blue mage because it loses the moves after the fight, it's a Relm. Smeargle is a blue mage though.

Ditto is a blue mage and can maintain a form and the copied abilities for as long as the game lets them

Shiny ditto is a blue blue mage

Milhouse is not a blue mage. "Milhouse is not a blue mage" is a blue mage.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A New Badman game. Imagine that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All games are bad, man

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hwurmp posted:

do Descent or Unreal count

Descent counts, Unreal I do not recall featuring colored keycards

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm on the final case of Apollo Justice, first trial part, and my god this whole game really does feel like "Apollo wants to get off Mr. Wright's Wild Ride."

He just seems so fed up and done with all this poo poo lol

Also his hair reminds me of Fei's from Xenogears which is kind of chuckleworthy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like Apollo because he always seemed like he just wanted to be a lawyer while ridiculous poo poo like air-guitar prosecutors, magic tricks and Hobo Phoenix happen to him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Looper posted:

don't give a single gently caress what naka says about anything

:hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FirstAidKite posted:

Agent 47 is also a blue mage because he can put on any outfit and assume that person's life as if he was always them.

No no, Agent 47 is just able to perfectly do everything a blue mage can do, in fact probably better than a blue mage can. It's a fine distinction but a true one.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I'm having a good time with the latest video game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3M-NJuBsyQ

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

same

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hello Monica the Monk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh hell yeah, still playing Apollo Justice and it's everyone's favorite buddy Dick Gumshoe, I missed him. Ema is no Gumshoe.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Ema is pretty cool in AA6 but iirc she’s just constantly surly and bitchy in AJ which makes sense in context but I’m glad they made her more like her kid self in Spirit of Justice.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok another Apollo Justice final case update

Why am I now in a computer world

Why is Phoenix talking to me specifically the person playing the game and telling me about his magatama and Apollo's bracelet

How did I get here

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FirstAidKite posted:

Ok another Apollo Justice final case update

Why am I now in a computer world

Why is Phoenix talking to me specifically the person playing the game and telling me about his magatama and Apollo's bracelet

How did I get here

The only thing keeping Phoenix Wright from being a supervillain that threatens the world is his choice to be a lawyer, apparently. He can do anything he sets his mind to. Anywhere.:shepface:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hate to be “that guy”, but re: video games... They might be good

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wuggles posted:

I'm having a good time with the latest video game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3M-NJuBsyQ

big same. i love the buffs they gave lance, like this move where i can just chain stun the monster as good as a hammer or horn can

https://i.imgur.com/VzOA8Cb.mp4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I literally have 10+ games "in progress" that still remain unfinished, not counting the 4 or so open-ended ongoing games that are also occupying my time.

I stopped keeping written lists of games that I'd post here because I started using Backloggd, but that has also coincided with my lack of completing any games at all lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here is one example of why every game should be on pc

https://twitter.com/Official_Cattus/status/1543255323997519872

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Took some time to update my Backloggd, thinking about everyone posting their half-year lists, and if my records are accurate, I actually have yet to complete a game that was released this year lol.

My current in-progress list

This is only the list of games I actually started and have any hope of actually putting time in lol, it's not counting the games I know have fallen into backlog and have dim hopes of ever being returned to, or the games I've bought or have on hand and haven't started. And I'm stretching things because the last time I played Elden Ring was March 26 (thanks steam)

Edit: Oh i guess i completed Outriders: Worldslayer lol, I think that counts

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Kerrzhe posted:

big same. i love the buffs they gave lance, like this move where i can just chain stun the monster as good as a hammer or horn can

https://i.imgur.com/VzOA8Cb.mp4

this owns, I hadn't tried the shield charge yet

sunbreak has got me monhun brained so I've also picked up my gu save for bed gaming. also, I never did the last couple of iceborne updates, it probably wouldn't be too hard to trick my friends into playing through the iceborne endgame so we could fight fatalis right

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Would it be OK to start with World nowadays or did I miss lots of limited content? Once I fix my new PC's drive problem it's one of the games I wanna try with pretty graphics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jay Rust posted:

Here is one example of why every game should be on pc

https://twitter.com/Official_Cattus/status/1543255323997519872

loving incredible :allears:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Would it be OK to start with World nowadays or did I miss lots of limited content? Once I fix my new PC's drive problem it's one of the games I wanna try with pretty graphics.

it's been a while since I've touched world so take this with a grain of salt in case I'm misremembering something:

as far as actual content(monsters/features/crossovers) I believe it was all permanent so you're in no danger of having missed out. the time limited events I think were set to rotate through fairly quickly(like every week or two) just before rise came out so they're still coming around. also Capcom never cared to police character integrity so if there was something you wanted that was non currently available you could just pop open the save editor and give it to yourself.

if you're the type of person for whom finding out something is unobtainable would be a huge bummer I'd do a little research before diving into a game of that size but I want to say it won't really be an issue.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's been a while since I've touched world so take this with a grain of salt in case I'm misremembering something:

as far as actual content(monsters/features/crossovers) I believe it was all permanent so you're in no danger of having missed out. the time limited events I think were set to rotate through fairly quickly(like every week or two) just before rise came out so they're still coming around. also Capcom never cared to police character integrity so if there was something you wanted that was non currently available you could just pop open the save editor and give it to yourself.

if you're the type of person for whom finding out something is unobtainable would be a huge bummer I'd do a little research before diving into a game of that size but I want to say it won't really be an issue.

Well, the game I have it but I barely started it and then I got my 2k monitor and I started being afraid of burning out my 970 :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I did my first run through of Copperbell Mines this morning and had a good time. The bosses were super fun to fight with all their fancy AoE moves, low level boss mechanics in WoW were never like this. Then when I got back to Ul'dah I saved a refugee from a racist because that poo poo don't happen on my watch no sir :mad: But then when I saved her I had another acid trip all about how the people of Ul'dah are a bunch of jerks and it's time to dismantle the capitalist state :argh: Then I woke up and OMG I met my good friends Yda and Properlumpy again eeeee!! :neckbeard: And now they've invited me to join their secret society of superheroes and I'm gonna save the world. I dunno yet what I'm saving it from but this is a Final Fantasy game so you bet your rear end I'm saving it :hellyeah:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
It’s about crystals

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It’s about crystals

Meth addiction is an epidemic

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I did my first run through of Copperbell Mines this morning and had a good time. The bosses were super fun to fight with all their fancy AoE moves, low level boss mechanics in WoW were never like this. Then when I got back to Ul'dah I saved a refugee from a racist because that poo poo don't happen on my watch no sir :mad: But then when I saved her I had another acid trip all about how the people of Ul'dah are a bunch of jerks and it's time to dismantle the capitalist state :argh: Then I woke up and OMG I met my good friends Yda and Properlumpy again eeeee!! :neckbeard: And now they've invited me to join their secret society of superheroes and I'm gonna save the world. I dunno yet what I'm saving it from but this is a Final Fantasy game so you bet your rear end I'm saving it :hellyeah:

They actually updated Copperbelt Mines recently, you got to play the good version!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

This one lady wants me to go kill 7 mongrels ho hum it's your standard MMO quest no wait it's cause mongrels tore her husband into 7 pieces :stare:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No it’s still your standard mmo quest

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

There actually aren't a whole lot of "kill x" quests outside of sidequests and later game optional throwback mmo grindfest content

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Feldegast42 posted:

There actually aren't a whole lot of "kill x" quests outside of sidequests and later game optional throwback mmo grindfest content

The hunting log is just your kill X quests dressed up all fancy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

There's a few in later MSQs, but they're usually along the lines of, like "kill 3 things and then go here." They realized around Heavensward that the majority of players don't really want to do a shitload of busywork sidequests, so MSQs are designed more around narrative efficiency and gameplay variation than they are around keeping you subscribed longer.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rarity posted:

The hunting log is just your kill X quests dressed up all fancy

Hah -- well yeah, that, but the MSQ gives you so much XP nowadays that they aren't really relevant unless you are trying to level all the jobs

:ohdear:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I remember old copperbell had a slime boss that required your group to coordinate at an unprecedented level, you had to NOT kill an enemy until it exploded of its own volition. Pretty ballsy to have that mechanic when it’s like the fourth dungeon boss of the game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Copperbell Mines had like one actual boss pre-rework. One was just a rush of trash, and the second was waiting for a slime to explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

And the third boss only had 1 mechanic where he'd break a wall to summon adds who would try to break another wall to summon more adds. Except besides the very first days of the game you could just DPS the boss before the second wall was broken so actually it's 0.5 bosses.