Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Karach posted:

Canada doesn't begin until we get buck-a-beer beer. :colbert:

we had buck-a-beer beer. then anyone who was selling it stopped because apparently either there isn't a market for beer that lovely or no one is willing to lose money on every sale

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 20:35 on Jul 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
There has to be a market for beer that lovely. Who's drinking minhas creek/boxer, if not?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
so probably the second one, why charge a buck a beer for lovely beer when people will pay two?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Infernal machines I hope your mandatory Genocide Supervisor Celebration Day is both Lucky and Extra.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Hand Knit posted:

happy canada day, post your favourite beginning year for canada. 1867 is not an acceptable answer.

19,000 years ago when the earliest Canadians crossed the land bridge from Siberia

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

RealityWarCriminal posted:

canada isn't a real country

fake countries have start dates too

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

RealityWarCriminal posted:

canada isn't a real country

all countries are fake, we made them all up

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

absolute fools, believing in calendars and dates

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Karach posted:

Infernal machines I hope your mandatory Genocide Supervisor Celebration Day is both Lucky and Extra.

you as well, karach.

i'm having a bbq, but in my defense, it is also my friend's birthday

my friend is not named canada

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

can't wait to be unable to sleep because dipshits are firing off fireworks all night

i just realized i'm like the no fun allowed grumpy neighbour in a kid's movie

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
Buck a beer really only ever exists because it's the second running of a premium product or there's some manner of synergy in the brewing process. In the rare situation where it's something like Laker or Minhas, the company making it is so big that it's kind of a loss leader in distribution channels for the retail market. In Ontario, the big brewers own the beer store, so for a while, buck a beer made sense. Up until like... 2005.

This year, the price of a value 24 at the beer store has gone up twice. First time that's ever happened. $24 to $41 in about 15 years.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Canada Day is loving stupid and Canada loving sucks

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yinlock posted:

can't wait to be unable to sleep because dipshits are firing off fireworks all night
Just move North. No point in fireworks in the summer.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Canada is bad and should feel bad

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Guest2553 posted:

He's clearly talking about the Third one

each (once-)great lake has its own war between now and 2044

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hand Knit posted:

happy canada day, post your favourite beginning year for canada. 1867 is not an acceptable answer.

canada is a realm of the british crown so, 1066

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

CLAM DOWN posted:

Canada Day is loving stupid and Canada loving sucks

and yet you choose to live here. curious.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Evis posted:

and yet you choose to live here. curious.

You chose?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
canada day is now officially over but i want everyone to know that i still love you. it's important to support canadians.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I dont know art but I know what I like.

https://twitter.com/beadagainstfash/status/1542898570118021120?s=21&t=mTSBruTGyq6nwPvSYJWmrQ

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

1931 is the year swapped supplicants from the UK to the US. That's when Canada became a country.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

saints gambit posted:

This year, the price of a value 24 at the beer store has gone up twice. First time that's ever happened. $24 to $41 in about 15 years.

gently caress. no wonder this country's falling apart

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
just make your own booze it's easy and in Canada a significant cost savings

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XksuEtyeI8Q
Made it to the show. Saw the parade, and did a bunch of bike riding with my kid.
OK day overall, even if it gives the flagfucklers a boost.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I ate oysters and drank happy hour pale ale. Then I came home and drank wine and ate salads

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Danaru posted:

What the gently caress :saddumb: PEI I trusted you jerks

PEI is actually chill af? honestly that story sounds really sensational

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Dawn is breaking and Canada is still a bit poo poo. :gbsmith:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
that description of PEI applies the Maritimes in general, although maybe it's a bit more intense there. you can live in new brunswick 30 years and still be "from away"

the fact that that phrase is the title of a hit musical about maritimers being welcoming will never not be funny to me

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
when I'm prime minister I promise to not wear blackface and to merge the maritimes into one single territory

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Gaudet
Gallant
Macdonald
Mckenzie
Doiron

What's the final islander name

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:27 on Oct 29, 2022

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

its an island thing cause cape breton is the same way but its honestly not the big deal its made out to be.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Futanari Damacy posted:

. They still had fireworks at rear end Park though

That was actually Bourkevale (however tf you spell it) community centre

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

paul_soccer12 posted:

Gaudet
Gallant
Macdonald
Mckenzie
Doiron

What's the final islander name

good question. Palmer? I knew a solid number.

Also I love that Gaudet is pronounced "Goody", which keeps with PEIs trend of nothing being pronounced how you would think. Like nothing at all is. They don't even say potato, it's ba-day-da.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I have an uncommon last name, anywhere I went if I had to introduce myself to anyone 40 or over they would say "Oh that's a weird last name, where are you from?" before even introducing themselves. That gets tiring.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Karach posted:

Canada doesn't begin until we get buck-a-beer beer. :colbert:

If you don't count deposit and tax, No Name Beer is about a buck a beer.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Rutibex posted:

just make your own booze it's easy and in Canada a significant cost savings

If you can find a makgeolli kit at your local korean market, it's cheap ($8 produces 3L at 7-10%), easy (mix with water, stir once a day), relatively quick (10-14 days), and the fermentation doesn't stink up your home.

As for the taste, I guess that depends on your brewing skill. The first batch I made was certainly a grade below the cheap poo poo you'd find in a green plastic bottle in Korea, but still drinkable. I'm sure with experience you can do a lot better.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just dump champagne yeast into a jug of organic apple cider and airlock it with a balloon with a pin-hole in it like a normal person

(organic is important because it's less likely to have yeast-killing preservatives added to it)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Virtual Russian posted:

I have an uncommon last name, anywhere I went if I had to introduce myself to anyone 40 or over they would say "Oh that's a weird last name, where are you from?" before even introducing themselves. That gets tiring.

The only reason why I know where my last name comes from is because I got tired of telling people "I don't know and I don't care" when they ask this (it's Austrian)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1543585267403014145?t=uLIH3uOCuKGksRR7NQCq_w&s=19

This is really loving odd