Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"he wanted to cheer me up"

it obviously worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

McGuinty posted:

Was that the one where Jo Siffert got incinerated in a magnesium Honda?

ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwIfa0w1lxQ

as an expert on this track because i drove it once in Grand Prix Legends the run to the first hairpin is steep downhill and incredibly difficult

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Charles is an energy vampire

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

double haas points

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Pragmatica posted:

lol mick "excuse my swearing"

how cute

:shobon:

He was so happy

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Cruise was flying the chopper

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I have come to the conclusion le clercs radio whining is worse than lewis or max. Its a stark contrast to sainz who just says no then comes up with a better strategy for the team

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Residency Evil posted:

Is the British GP trophy typically an artifact "acquired" abroad by the British previously?

I googled and no, it was made in 1950.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Centusin posted:

I have come to the conclusion le clercs radio whining is worse than lewis or max. Its a stark contrast to sainz who just says no then comes up with a better strategy for the team

any rando out of the crowd could manage strategy better

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Lmao Sharl looks like he has checked out in his C4 post race interview

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
what the gently caress is this "isn't it lovely that ferrari are free to race" narrative Sky are going with? Were they in the bar?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Sky got basically everything wrong today

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i miss speed tv coverage so bad

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

Sky got basically everything wrong today

It's way too British and Lewis focused. It's infuriating.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So hyped by that instant classic race I'm going back to catch the F3 replay just so I can watch cars go around Silverstone. Not without its dramas either.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kirios posted:

It's way too British and Lewis focused. It's infuriating.

it's really stupid that F1 doesn't just have a world feed commentary team because using Sky as the quasi-world-feed is incredibly horrible for this, among other reasons

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Hmm

https://twitter.com/jimmybroadbent/status/1543625696991387650?s=21&t=9rdHrC2ur4ha7uRLi-vqMw

That’s not supposed to happen

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Flipped it over to Indycar out of curiosity and it feels so slow. And the cars look really weird. I have no idea why people watch this over F1.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
In case anyone cares, I am now airfying some french fries, or as the brits call it, sunday dinner.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Airchipping some chips

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's really stupid that F1 doesn't just have a world feed commentary team because using Sky as the quasi-world-feed is incredibly horrible for this, among other reasons

I watched f1tv and it's not sky?

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/nnicolef1/status/1543640603245920256

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

can't believe george is signalling for someone to bring him a steel chair

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Kirios posted:

Flipped it over to Indycar out of curiosity and it feels so slow. And the cars look really weird. I have no idea why people watch this over F1.

Nobody really watches it, other than the 500.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Air fryers are basically mini convection ovens so what you are actually doing is oven cooking frozen fries and should be ashamed of yourself

The only potatoes air fryers do properly is if you use them to make roast potatoes with the potatoes sat in a lake of oil.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Air fryers are basically mini convection ovens so what you are actually doing is oven cooking frozen fries and should be ashamed of yourself

The only potatoes air fryers do properly is if you use them to make roast potatoes with the potatoes sat in a lake of oil.

Which is what I am doing, these are from scratch.

Cut up one large potato, coated them in oil, put them in the rotating basket and am happily cooking away right now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m the inventor of the ninja air fryer foodie max grill burger pizza btw and know of what I speak.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
gently caress, my child was reading this thread live and saw that picture. you should be ashamed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So is mine and she just asked me when I’m making burger pizza again

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
the sad thing about ur post is that it's actually probably true

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I wouldnt have guessed it was the floors flexing that was the reason Red Bull weren't bouncing around so much.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f1-flexi-floor-exploit-revelations-a-shocker-says-mercedes/10332159/

quote:

In the draft technical directive issued at the British Grand Prix by the FIA's single-seater technical director Nikolas Tombazis, and which comes into force in France, the FIA has announced a tightening up of the rules regarding floor stiffness.

It made clear that it was making the move to ensure that there was "a fair and equitable relevance amongst all the cars," which perhaps suggested that was not the case before.

Tombazis made clear that the FIA believed teams having 'excessive deformation' of the floor was being done: "to achieve significantly lower ride heights, and hence an indirect aerodynamic gain."

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
https://twitter.com/ChesnoidGaming/status/1543625806823493633?t=7sphNq1qzPAzBr239YxaCg&s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

straight up brolic posted:

Carlos is a loving bin man why did scud re-sign him

so he could win the best race of the year so far

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Legit question. If there was a fatality, is the race canceled or do they just continue racing and announce it later?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cimber posted:

Legit question. If there was a fatality, is the race canceled or do they just continue racing and announce it later?

historically they keep racing but i imagine the modern attitude for an in-race fatality would be different these days

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

well it's been a minute, but last time they just carried on

today i imagine it would be black flagged but idk

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

What did they do when what’s his name caught on fire I forget

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
So Ferrari should find another driver to replace Sainz, and then promote Sainz to be head of Ferrari strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Cimber posted:

They stopped the race and didn't resume when Bianchi crashed at Suzuka in 2014, but that was close to the end in treacherous conditions.