Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sometimes when I get Copperbell in roulette, I attack the add just to feel something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

big same. i love the buffs they gave lance, like this move where i can just chain stun the monster as good as a hammer or horn can

https://i.imgur.com/VzOA8Cb.mp4

pretty crazy, not sure ive ever seen that much stunlock even with hammer and obviously never seen anyone w horn. is this one of the 3ds ones?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Feldegast42 posted:

Hah -- well yeah, that, but the MSQ gives you so much XP nowadays that they aren't really relevant unless you are trying to level all the jobs

:ohdear:

Hahaha yeah who would do that that would be crazy

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Started playing Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and one of the first things you can is to steal a ball, toss it in a well and run away while the girl who was playing with it starts to cry. You even get a trophy for doing it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I met all the rest of my secret society crew and Tataru is freaking adorable :3:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Started playing Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and one of the first things you can is to steal a ball, toss it in a well and run away while the girl who was playing with it starts to cry. You even get a trophy for doing it.

Games are psychopath simulators

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khanstant posted:

pretty crazy, not sure ive ever seen that much stunlock even with hammer and obviously never seen anyone w horn. is this one of the 3ds ones?

nope it's Sunbreak. it starts off with a knockdown from wyvern riding (where another monster comes in, you hop on and beat the poo poo out of the monster you're hunting) which i think last a set amount of time, but i was able to get 2 more stuns after it.

i don't even have Slugger gems on, it would be even crazier with those

shield charge is nuts cause it costs no stamina, has a bunch of blocking frames, is spammable, and you can change direction on a dime. lance is winning once again

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I did my first dungeon as a healer by taking a bunch of NPCs through Sastasha, it turned out to be incredibly easy. Apart from a few spots I only had to drop one heal per fight. I thought this was meant to be when Conjurer gets fun :argh:

Healing only gets interesting and challenging in high end content, extremes or savage, etc. Well, it can get "interesting" if your team is bad enough to eat a bunch of avoidable damage, but the actual dynamics of FF14 healer gameplay don't really shine until you hit the genuinely difficult stuff. The things that make resource management and juggling between damage and healing challenging simply cannot be put in the lower end stuff or a lot of the average players would turn it into a complete disaster. Dungeons and such are designed to pretty much be runnable with a team of people all suffering concussions.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
monster hunters owns because its one game where spearlike melee weapons are clearly as superior as they logically are compared to shorter dumber weapons, and even the normally short weapons get the spear elongation treatment!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Khanstant posted:

monster hunters owns because its one game where spearlike melee weapons are clearly as superior as they logically are compared to shorter dumber weapons, and even the normally short weapons get the spear elongation treatment!

i like the spearlike melee weapon that explodes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

games should start including the opposite of achievements. like a wall of shame or whatever. display your sins for all to see

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I met all the rest of my secret society crew and Tataru is freaking adorable :3:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

games should start including the opposite of achievements. like a wall of shame or whatever. display your sins for all to see

more cheevos for sucking rear end and generally being bad at a game imo

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tataru should be a trust member in the next expac.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
ahem :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVqmP25SlGY

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

platinum trophy hunters would still go for them

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

Healing only gets interesting and challenging in high end content, extremes or savage, etc. Well, it can get "interesting" if your team is bad enough to eat a bunch of avoidable damage, but the actual dynamics of FF14 healer gameplay don't really shine until you hit the genuinely difficult stuff. The things that make resource management and juggling between damage and healing challenging simply cannot be put in the lower end stuff or a lot of the average players would turn it into a complete disaster. Dungeons and such are designed to pretty much be runnable with a team of people all suffering concussions.

as someone who easily gets stressed out and flustered playing online multiplayer, I'm glad ff14 keeps the training wheels on

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It's always hosed up to see the "Did the bare minimum" achievement be like 20%

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
it always messes with me when i play a game for the first time do a thing and its like CHEEVO and i check it out and apparently like .4% of players have it

i got like 7 of those in two days when i first installed SMITE like wtf

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Baller Time posted:

I boot up most games once to see if they work then don't touch them again for 6+ months so I'm contributing to all these stats.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

platinum trophy hunters would still go for them

they should detract from your gamer score or whatever

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
a gamerscore of over 9000!!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Baller Time posted:

Completion rate dropoffs between bosses and achievements that happen literally minutes apart tell their own fascinating story, don't they.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you care about your gamer score then the gamer score of your soul is 0

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

as someone who easily gets stressed out and flustered playing online multiplayer, I'm glad ff14 keeps the training wheels on

agreed. mmo endgame types often whine about the average skill level or the low difficulty of the mandatory/large public pieces of content but it's better this way. i think the fact that, at least ime, duty finder tends to succeed at the content in it shows that this method works even if people aren't purple parsing a 24 player raid or some nonsense.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

rip that 2.2% that couldn't find the door past the demon

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

OK beating the self-eespect back into Hamon was pretty cool. I'm starting to root for the old lech

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

verbal enema posted:

more cheevos for sucking rear end and generally being bad at a game imo

Neon White, a video game about being good at video games, has a couple of these:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Portal 2 has a couple for stepping into extremely obvious deathtraps

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hey guys, Tom Cruise is playing Sonic the Hedgehog

https://twitter.com/TailsAustin9922/status/1543597066118733825?t=BtVTW7M0BTfzDwDPfoIeJA&s=19

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"I'm the groin" -- Tom Cruise

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

Does this count

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the garangolm palico set turns your cat into a little walking castle and some of the heroic poses have him hunker down and put up a lil flag

also dog is horse and makes clippity clop noises when it runs

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Help Im Alive posted:

Does this count

Nier: Automata has one as well

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

idk I'm still gonna blame the devs for those

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
2Butt

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

idk I'm still gonna blame the devs for those

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was it the Hatsune Miku game that blacked out the whole screen if the player tried to do an upskirt? That was pretty funny

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Was it the Hatsune Miku game that blacked out the whole screen if the player tried to do an upskirt? That was pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWsyp-R61Y0