Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

straight up brolic posted:

What did they do when what’s his name caught on fire I forget

Big john caught on fire and they sent them back out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i think he means grosjean in 2020? and they restarted the race after an hour

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

can't believe george is signalling for someone to bring him a steel chair

BAH GAWD THAT’S THE UNDERTAKERS MUSIC!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles loving owns, Sainz needs to be disposed of in the loving bin. If Sainz was in Charles' position post safety car he would've ended up behind Verstappen then taken a siesta as the car drives into the wall.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles just doing some of the best racing I've ever loving seen on some gimped car on old rear end bin tires against Lewis and Sergio, lmao if there isn't a meeting right after this race where they tell Sainz he's now absolutely the number 2 driver

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Why was the race order reset when they did the restart?

It’s nuts how a driver can walk away from that kind of crash (relatively?) unscathed

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rinkles posted:

Why was the race order reset when they did the restart?

It’s nuts how a driver can walk away from that kind of crash (relatively?) unscathed

1. Because they didn't complete a lap (red flag always goes back to the last completed lap)

2. Ohh ya sure lol. its crazy how for like 30 years we never had cars constantly flipping over but now that regularly happens and everyone jizzes their pants over the halo instead of asking why cars now loving flip 2-3 times a season lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

serious gaylord posted:

I wouldnt have guessed it was the floors flexing that was the reason Red Bull weren't bouncing around so much.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f1-flexi-floor-exploit-revelations-a-shocker-says-mercedes/10332159/

RBR confirmed cheating

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Definitely relieved that Zhou survived that one.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Didn't Ferrari era Fernando Alonso traditionally flip the car at least 3 times a season on his own?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I really only remember Webber flipping in Valencia in what, 2010?? from that period.

Theres been some big crashes and cars going over the nose in F1 but I dont really remember many people ending upside down. Although I'm sure Maldonado did at one point.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Cimber posted:

If Perez takes 2nd I'll poo poo myself.

also

:ferrari:

Just want to make sure this happened

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Motorsport.com has a picture by picture sequence of the crash. It looks like the car flipped and landed directly on the roll hoop which got crushed by the impact. Even if he's sitting low enough, the gravel would have done a real number on his helmet without the halo.

https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1543667212720164864

lagidnam fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 3, 2022

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

italian quid posted:

2. Ohh ya sure lol. its crazy how for like 30 years we never had cars constantly flipping over but now that regularly happens and everyone jizzes their pants over the halo instead of asking why cars now loving flip 2-3 times a season lmao

Ummmmmmm?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Heard that Chuck #2 did well this weekend. Goongrats to Chuck #2.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

I really only remember Webber flipping in Valencia in what, 2010?? from that period.

Theres been some big crashes and cars going over the nose in F1 but I dont really remember many people ending upside down. Although I'm sure Maldonado did at one point.

he didn't flip but he epicly knocked Guttierez into a roll in 2014

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

emboldened by his SoMe win over Piquet this week, Sir Hamilton keeps stirring the pot of poo poo

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/1543644932086407170?s=20&t=oINQwbgrzArPhxnwEknPsQ

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That line was great

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Sab0921 posted:

Just want to make sure this happened

i have officially shat.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

italian quid posted:

1. Because they didn't complete a lap (red flag always goes back to the last completed lap)

if they started hiring drivers who got those particular ya-yas out in F2 maybe they wouldn't

aww I like the new av, no fuckin idea what all that linguine there says but it's a solid av

e: I'm gonna change it to italian pasta is the new cool if that's ok

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 3, 2022

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UicAcBTmKI

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

refleks posted:

emboldened by his SoMe win over Piquet this week, Sir Hamilton keeps stirring the pot of poo poo

https://twitter.com/ESPNF1/status/1543644932086407170?s=20&t=oINQwbgrzArPhxnwEknPsQ

Good lad

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress I'm always busy when the best races happen. Caught up with the highlights and it ruled. Also making my way through the thread and just lmao at this insanely wrong post

Diet Crack posted:

This circuit loving blows, the only action is when people are trying to kill themselves or eachother

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

italian quid posted:

Ok boomer

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

italian quid posted:

Agreed get rid of the halo and neck restraint and fire proof suit so the drivers think twice about rolling their cars

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’ve been putting small bets on each race this year and have probably lost like $20 betting on Carlos 4 different times, only to not bet on him today. I lacked the passion.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I’ve been putting small bets on each race this year and have probably lost like $20 betting on Carlos 4 different times, only to not bet on him today. I lacked the passion.

Actually you were cursing him and you need to never bet on him again

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

refleks posted:

Someone is a little salty, isn't he.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get in there Lewis

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mick and Mags in the points! :foksmash:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

italian quid posted:

I think you could make a convincing argument that open wheel racing is a bad idea and should be banned in the interests of safety. How many of the really bad accidents in F1/2/3 and Indycar in the last 10 years have been a result of tires touching tires at high speed? And we're keeping it because of history and tradition and gladiators, same reason for having open cockpits, which has kinda gone away now with the halo and been proven to have been a good thing to change.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Why is the catch fence set back from the barrier? So the marshals et al have a safe place to walk?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

italian quid posted:

Charles loving owns, Sainz needs to be disposed of in the loving bin. If Sainz was in Charles' position post safety car he would've ended up behind Verstappen then taken a siesta as the car drives into the wall.

:qq:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks Ants posted:

Get in there Lewis

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

my little 'rari, don't know gently caress about strategy

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM6ren2tPU8

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

learnincurve posted:

I’m the inventor of the ninja air fryer foodie max grill burger pizza btw and know of what I speak.

That famous British “cuisine”

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
I didn't think Gordon Ramsay would be at the race and be posting in the thread too.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s funny because in reality I’m a very very good cook and made the burger patty and sauce for that from scratch, so it was not only delicious but the discovery of the perfect drunk/high at 4am meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

Charles just doing some of the best racing I've ever loving seen on some gimped car on old rear end bin tires against Lewis and Sergio, lmao if there isn't a meeting right after this race where they tell Sainz he's now absolutely the number 2 driver