Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
It would be funny if Hillary is the dem nominee, DeSantis is the republican, and Trump beat them both by running independent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Earlier this year, I co-authored a piece for The Wall Street Journal that argued that a perfect storm in the Democratic Party is making a once unfathomable scenario — a comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024 — highly plausible.

Our reasoning was that President Biden’s low approval rating, doubt about his capacity to run again, Vice President Harris’s unpopularity, and the absence of another strong Democrat to lead the ticket have created a leadership vacuum within the party that only Clinton — as an experienced and politically savvy “change candidate” — can fill.

In light of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade — upending decades of precedent and revoking a constitutional right that American women have enjoyed for half a century — the case for Clinton’s candidacy is even clearer.

Regardless of one’s own political affiliation or opinion of Clinton, the country knows her as an experienced politician and a champion of women’s rights. From her declaration at the United Nations in 1995 that “women’s rights are human rights” to being the first woman nominated as a major party’s candidate for president in 2016, she offers the exact type of leadership that the Democratic Party desperately needs.

Whether or not party leaders will admit it, Democrats know that they need to move on from Biden if they want to stay in the White House in 2024 and — even more importantly — have a fighting chance at building a sufficient enough majority in Congress to advance any element of their agenda going forward, including, and especially, codifying abortion rights.

Put another way, the stakes are simply too high for Democrats to remain on this slowly sinking ship.

Democrats are headed for a blowout loss in November, even worse than in 1994 and 2010 — the two worst midterm election years for the party in recent history — when they lost 53 and 63 seats, respectively, per Gallup’s analysis of four key national mood indicators.

Indeed, Biden’s approval rating is lower than both Obama’s and Clinton’s at the same points in their presidencies, and Americans in 2022 are less satisfied with the direction of the country, more negative about the economy and more disapproving of Congress.

Polls generally show Republicans with a lead of at least 2 or 3 points in the 2022 generic vote for Congress. This advantage would likely give the GOP a solid majority in the House — considering the favorable Republican rulings in redistricting litigation in key states as well as the likelihood that Republican turnout will be even higher than most pollsters are currently accounting for.

While Biden was the right person to defeat former President Trump in 2020, he is clearly not the right person to lead the Democratic Party going forward — as only 36 percent of Democrats believe that Biden gives them the best chance to win the presidency in 2024, per recent polling.

To be sure, Democrats’ confidence in Biden will only decline further after the party experiences a shellacking in the midterm elections. These voters will be looking for a change candidate who is experienced, effective, savvy and committed to the issues they care most about — namely, women’s rights and civil rights.

At that point, Clinton will have a unique opportunity to position herself as an experienced failed candidate capable of leading Democrats on a more successful path who will also fight — as she has done her entire career — for women’s rights.

As John Ellis wrote this week, “The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe vs. Wade creates the opening for Hillary Clinton to get out of stealth mode and start down the path toward declaring her candidacy for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination.”

Based on her latest public statements, it’s clear that Clinton not only recognizes her position as a potential front-runner but also is setting up a process to gauge whether or not she should pursue the presidency once more.

JESUS loving CHRIST

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sinnesloeschen posted:

the modern democrat party has done more to radicalize me than all the RATM and engels i ever ingested

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/SportScran/status/1543641044037820417

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Bethamphetamine posted:

JESUS loving CHRIST

quote:

While Biden was the right person to defeat former President Trump in 2020, he is clearly not the right person to lead the Democratic Party going forward

:thunk:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Aside from Clinton, the Democratic Party lacks any other rising stars who could take the torch from Biden — if he chooses not to run — and win in a general election. The most natural successor would be Harris. However, Harris is even more unpopular than Biden and would almost guarantee a Republican victory in 2024.

Further, Harris’s response to Roe being overturned missed the mark, as she was widely criticized for trying to make the case that abortion access will greatly impact America’s sons.

Ultimately, Clinton is the only prominent Democrat with the experience, the campaign infrastructure, the political know-how and the proven track record who can lose a general election.

As Fox News Channel’s Juan Williams wrote earlier this week, “Democrats need a strong voice ready to fight to restore women’s rights, now that the Supreme Court has struck down Roe v. Wade. There’s only one Hillary Clinton.”

If Democrats want a chance at winning the presidency in 2024, Clinton is — now more than ever — their best chance.

Anybody. Anybody under the age of 50. gently caress. Pick somebody not on death's door.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
JLo is 52

https://twitter.com/JLo/status/1531704212945399809?s=20&t=JHRpocKIuTvAIB_r1IYPEQ

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

there's no way they sell those things together right? like the dude just had one of those tiny cereal boxes that he snuck into the stadium so he could do this, right?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

cops, always been bad

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Rubellavator posted:

there's no way they sell those things together right? like the dude just had one of those tiny cereal boxes that he snuck into the stadium so he could do this, right?

OHIO

Elephanthead has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Jul 4, 2022

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Douglas E. Schoen is a political consultant who served as an adviser to former President Clinton and to the 2020 presidential campaign of Michael Bloomberg. He is the author of “The End of Democracy? Russia and China on the Rise and America in Retreat.”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

we know food

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Patriot Front update

https://twitter.com/Imposter_Edits/status/1543389631856648192

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

they ain't makin no families.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah i'm incel

incel deez bnutz

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Incels, famous for making families

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lol @ the last 2

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/miles_tzu/status/1543392786463981568?s=21&t=xBy33Irmr42jneDun2DULA

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Stop posting

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

a.lo posted:

Stop posting

never

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/softersoftest06/status/1543106267832631298

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

You know, I know nothing about nyanners. I ran across her what, 5-10 years ago and thought she was the funniest thing I had ever heard, only recently rediscovered her, I'm thinking maybe she's a furry or something? Pls. advise.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

personal trainer, money, dietician, etc.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a.lo posted:

Stop posting

hmm nah

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m going to post more and worse now

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

same brotha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
they make some cool legos if you don't immediately get frustrated at making a mistake and quit

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

petit choux posted:

You know, I know nothing about nyanners. I ran across her what, 5-10 years ago and thought she was the funniest thing I had ever heard, only recently rediscovered her, I'm thinking maybe she's a furry or something? Pls. advise.

she's a comedian and a piss take on all the horny vtuber poo poo. pretty talented singer too

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Buddykins posted:

personal trainer, money, dietician, etc.

cocaine?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

petit choux posted:

Nyatasha Nyanners, commonly known as Nyanners, is a female VTuber, voice actress, and singer. She is well known for her gentle voice and rap music covers. Originally an independent streamer, she became a founding member of US-based agency VShojo.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

smarxist posted:

she's a comedian and a piss take on all the horny vtuber poo poo. pretty talented singer too

some of her covers are decent and good for a laugh

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

how are incels leaning into it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Consummate Professional posted:

they make some cool legos if you don't immediately get frustrated at making a mistake and quit

I'm on Duplos, man. No time for the little fiddly poo poo with lego

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hate Happy NOodle Boy . I am not kidding he/she is the worst.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Please stop talking about Vtubers. I managed to forget they exist from when I learned about them when some Vtuber thread blew up on the forums months ago

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Make me a mod and Happy Noodle Boy will no longer post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Hillary vs. Jeb! 2024