Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I rode my bike today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

indigi posted:

the right thread to cheer for bike drivers getting injured? yeah I’m pretty sure
It's almost as cool as when shoe drivers get injured

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018

the bitcoin of weed posted:

however if you get good enough that you can start skating backwards and spin around and such basically everyone in the world thinks that is very cool and sexy

If only that's how it worked. At least I've got the hip flexors of a god.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

american sidewalks are loving tiny and our infrastructure sucks. Lmao @ indigi coming here and celebrating a poster almost getting killed while riding a bike. U sure youre in the right thread dude? `

insanely jealous if u even have sidewalks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

insanely jealous if u even have sidewalks

building sidewalks for you but lining them with chained up junkyard dogs

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I rode my bike today

Me too just finished :)

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I bought an ebike from a coworker for real cheap and i like riding it and going real fast, I dont have to pedal at all to get up to 30mph on a busy side walk

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Suplex Liberace posted:

I don't, gotta share the path. I slow down when I pass people and holler or bell at them. If they don't move I equip my full lance and run them down.

same and when I ding the bell it goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zXVQY69-9k

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't have any sympathy for people putting their lives into the hands of morons by walking around wherever they want without a helmet.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sphyre posted:

rode a bike yesterday. and hell, i'm going to ride one today too

And I'm gonna do it on the sidewalk

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I had a super fun first date that involved biking somewhere, eating food, drinking beer, having ice cream, and biking back

which was all great but of course the minute we get started, there's some chud boomer in a huge silverado honking their horn at me nonstop

mystes
May 31, 2006

actionjackson posted:

I had a super fun first date that involved biking somewhere, eating food, drinking beer, having ice cream, and biking back

which was all great but of course the minute we get started, there's some chud boomer in a huge silverado honking their horn at me nonstop
If your date breaks the silverado's mirror with their bike lock as it passes you know they're the one

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mystes posted:

If your date breaks the silverado's mirror with their bike lock as it passes you know they're the one

It will be a beautiful moment for the 40 seconds before the driver gets their handgun from the glove compartment and puts 11 bullets in your date through the windows

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
vamos

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
As a dude who bikes all over Houston, I go around pedestrians. It's easy. Just ride into the grass or road for 10 feet. Maybe ride into the road and then bunny hop my commuter cycle back onto the sidewalk. Sometimes I even stop and walk around them if there is no other option. It's 5 seconds. Besides, Houston doesn't even have side walks on many of its roads and bridges.

If a bicyclist runs into you on the sidewalk, you are obliged to knock them over and kick them while they're down. It's really easy to knock over a cyclist with a hard shove. The Noble Pedestrian with stable footing always defeats the Reprobate Cyclist.

Edit:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It will be a beautiful moment for the 40 seconds before the driver gets their handgun from the glove compartment and puts 11 bullets in your date through the windows
I legit consider carrying when I go cycling because of the homicidal car brain.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Pouston

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I legit consider carrying when I go cycling because of the homicidal car brain.

There is no circumstance where defending yourself while riding a bike would ever be treated the same as a driver doing it. None

About ten years ago two cyclists here were physically attacked by a driver who got out of his car and they hit the guy with a U lock. Both got prison terms.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

There is no circumstance where defending yourself while riding a bike would ever be treated the same as a driver doing it. None

About ten years ago two cyclists here were physically attacked by a driver who got out of his car and they hit the guy with a U lock. Both got prison terms.
there was this story from last year https://road.cc/content/news/texas-cyclist-shoots-driver-who-crashed-riding-partner-284697

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

I did it because a bike drove into me today and I knew this thread would immediately make carbrain excuses for it rather than saying “yeah that dude should have at least had a bell to warn people he was coming”

they didn’t even care that the bicyclist was injured lol they just flat out asserted his right to the sidewalk

he should of been wearing a helmet too

You're right I don't care lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a few weeks ago i was at a stoplight and there were two cyclists in another lane, taking the whole thing up. good! i wanted to roll down my window and yell my support for them taking their lane but figured they probably wouldn't hear me and would assume i was screaming obscenities at them. cars bad bikes good.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
A city councilor spent three hours at an intersection by the hospital in my city recording incidents of cyclists doing illegal things such as... Going into the hospital car park without getting off their bikes and going onto the footpath to avoid the dangerous intersection

Multiple elderly people have been hit by cars while crossing nearby roads while getting to the hospital and then literally just carted to the hospital. There is not a single example of a cyclist hospitalising someone in the area lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Going into the hospital car park without getting off their bikes and going onto the footpath to avoid the dangerous intersection

No! No!!

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Cannot comprehend the level of severe derangement that you can look at stats of hospitalisations and deaths caused by cars hitting pedestrians then decide that cyclists are the real danger to everyone and themselves

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Cannot comprehend the level of severe derangement that you can look at stats of hospitalisations and deaths caused by cars hitting pedestrians then decide that cyclists are the real danger to everyone and themselves

bicycling is an affront to society. you will drive and like it and there is no other way

mystes
May 31, 2006

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Well yeah but cars are cool and awesome so obviously we aren't going to do anything about those deaths, which is why we just have to ban bikes

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
bikes are bad because they don’t generate revenue thru fuel taxes

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

this one guy has a cool logging road cycling blog, and there are two fundamental axioms:

The Fundamental Axiom
Do not explore downhill.

The MORE Fundamental Axiom
NEVER ARGUE WITH ARMED STRANGERS ABOUT ANYTHING, FOR ANY REASON, ESPECIALLY IN, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CASES WHEN THEY ARE ENGAGED IN OBVIOUSLY STUPID ACTIVITIES WITH THEIR GUNS

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

802.11weed posted:

bikes are bad because they don’t generate revenue thru fuel taxes

lmao oregon even used this deranged line of thinking to pass a flat tax on bicycle sales that goes directly to roads (for cars) and people still say bikes dont pay their fair share

https://bikeportland.org/2017/07/06/its-official-oregon-now-has-a-15-bike-tax-233967

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I rode my bike today

to see if I still feel

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

much like a helmet, you should also be wearing a piece

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

lmao oregon even used this deranged line of thinking to pass a flat tax on bicycle sales that goes directly to roads (for cars) and people still say bikes dont pay their fair share

https://bikeportland.org/2017/07/06/its-official-oregon-now-has-a-15-bike-tax-233967

lmao this is so fuckin stupid

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

El Pollo Blanco posted:

A city councilor spent three hours at an intersection by the hospital in my city recording incidents of cyclists doing illegal things such as... Going into the hospital car park without getting off their bikes and going onto the footpath to avoid the dangerous intersection

Multiple elderly people have been hit by cars while crossing nearby roads while getting to the hospital and then literally just carted to the hospital. There is not a single example of a cyclist hospitalising someone in the area lmao

who was this?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

As a dude who bikes all over Houston, I go around pedestrians. It's easy. Just ride into the grass or road for 10 feet. Maybe ride into the road and then bunny hop my commuter cycle back onto the sidewalk. Sometimes I even stop and walk around them if there is no other option. It's 5 seconds. Besides, Houston doesn't even have side walks on many of its roads and bridges.

ya 100%

idk i yield the sidewalks to the pedestrian and its cool, gotta coexist

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/tomflood1/status/1543610606107885573

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao Burlington Police did a parking ban so they could hook up friends and family with primo fireworks parking spots

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

slightly offended about how much posting about hating non cars happens in this thread

some cyclists need to be more mindful of pedestrians and not ride like assholes but our true enemy is the car

gently caress cars and gently caress cops especially gently caress cops in cars and cops on bikes and also cops on horses and even cops on foot

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ACAB

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

:hmmyes: