Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yaaaaaay.

I love the little corn salesman :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

10AM and drunk as a lord please

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Happy Hippo posted:

10AM and drunk as a lord please

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Gotta say, this is pretty informative. Thanks, Paul Castorzano!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

It manages to capture the inherent despair of C. Roast Beef by sheer accident

e: It did a good enough job with “Keith Moon’s head in a jar” that I’m actually uncomfortable posting it. “Fontina omelettes with a 100 dollar bill at a 45 degree angle” worked but was boring.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 25, 2022

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

A Single Sphink posted:

Gotta say, this is pretty informative. Thanks, Paul Castorzano!

Lmao that is exactly the one I queued up but it didn't go through and I forgot about it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

what kind of monster would train an a.i. on disco elysium?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

ullerrm posted:

e: It did a good enough job with “Keith Moon’s head in a jar” that I’m actually uncomfortable posting it. “Fontina omelettes with a 100 dollar bill at a 45 degree angle” worked but was boring.

post the head, coward

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Saw a post on another site that on some levels feels like a good candidate for one of Lie Bot's "Saddest Things In The World" but in a way that is too dark and real even by Achewood's often rather dark standards

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Speaking of our AI nightmare future, has anyone tried playing with upscalers and old Achewood strips? The originals are all so low-res they look awful blown up at all, so I was trying some stuff out to see if it worked.

Depending on the strip, the text can get a little smudged up. You can replace it manually (the Achewood font is Blue Highway, apparently), but it's hard to get the size and spacing just right.

Nonetheless, you can get some alright results given how simple the art is. I don't know that I would be able to find the right combination of settings to just batch process the whole archive and have a nice HD set, though.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Pat is such an rear end in a top hat.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Meanwhile, twenty years ago
https://twitter.com/AchewoodPlus20/status/1541046889981829121
Man, Pat changed over the years. "why the hell do you care so much?" became something people would say TO pat.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

surprised this one took so long

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Absolutely nothing can go wrong!

MONDAY!

(Which Monday? Ah get outta here with your questions!)

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

MONDAY!

(Which Monday? Ah get outta here with your questions!)

For the love of god let us know what actually arrives in that box

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I just got an update that the new shipping date is:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

when your city pop playlist suddenly becomes an electro swing playlist halfway through

dadjokes
Feb 9, 2015

davidspackage posted:

I just got an update that the new shipping date is:

Mine was updated to 01/01/2099, which feels both right and a tad ambitious at the same time.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

not what I hoped for

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

not what I hoped for

these are great what are you talking about

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Jotting down these fashion tips, thanks.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I tell you what, don't try "Hot bloody fat sprayed everywhere. Some of it got on the mayor!" Learn from my mistakes.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

theironjef posted:

I tell you what, don't try "Hot bloody fat sprayed everywhere. Some of it got on the mayor!" Learn from my mistakes.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

who cuts pat's hair? if he cuts his own, does that make him a barber?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Mine got weirdly mystical:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

theironjef posted:

oh dear

oh no

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

gently caress you Mike!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

theironjef posted:

gently caress you Mike!

Al... Qaedaaaaa!!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Top middle of the first one feels right

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

theironjef posted:

gently caress you Mike!

God bless the future, where you truly can do whatever you want in life :shobon:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Roland and Thaddeus walked into the luxury rental suite. "Awww yeah," Roland yelled, "We gonna gay it up in THIS place! WHO WANTS TO GET THEIR GAY ON!" Thaddeus munched on a Madeira-braised chanterelle crostini and did a Bailey's. "Awww HELLZ yeah," he answered. "Let's get some fellas up here and show this room just how gay things can get!" "Rad!" yelled Roland, spooning banana compote into more Bailey's-filled shooters. "RAAAAAAAD!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Achewood really is a celebration of the English language :allears:

....was. :smith:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Boutiqua answered the door of the mansion. Prince Javier and Pinot were there in just shorts. Sandy (female) opened the door. She held a delicate crystal Bellini coupe ($29). A man cut trees across the street. He would do, for now. She grabbed her tits.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ray trying very hard to take an interest in his friend's new situation :shobon:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Ray does not want to be homophobic at Pat

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

In the Lash of Thanatos arc, Ray calls Beef to ask him to MC the erotica contest, because he's "messed up pretty bad actually" and needs Beef to rally round a brother. But what did he mess up? It's not that Teodor is in the elephant suit, that happened before the contest and Williams is already convinced that Ray is in there. He also wrote notes for Beef specifically, since I doubt many other people would remember the time Ricky D fell hard for that lesbian from the block party. Is the screwup just that he forgot to schedule Beef in the first place? Does Ray have a fear of public speaking to groups of horny lesbians?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Don't Play It That Way
by Morgan Freeman
special to Tostada Magazine

I don't know about you, but I don't know about tostadas. Anymore, that is. When I was a child, they were a simple enough affair. Crispy tortilla fried up flat, some beans, some crunchy greens, some tangy sauce. We loved that sauce. Nowadays? Largely nonsense. I can't believe tostadas these days. If I had a nickel for...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

does anyone remember the strip where ray says something like "always make sure authority is actual"? i can't find it with ohnorobot and i don't know if it's because it wasn't indexed or i'm remembering the quote completely incorrectly but neither authority nor actual give me anything