Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

pwn posted:

Haha on the plus side they may let you keep it! Bonus :cool:

I don't know about that, I ordered the Nasty Habits box set but they sent me the Dungeon of Andy Milligan box set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
My og book of the dead edition hasn't deteriorated at all, and I bought that sucker when it came out. Maybe mines the real necronomicon

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SlowBloke posted:

Warner and 20th century fox continued with weird packages even after 2010s.

This is the xmen collection package i purchased in 2012, shortly before stopping purchasing marvel nonsense in physical

This looks like a special edition Xbox

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Yeah both of mine (Evil Dead 1 and 2) are still fine

I think there was one for AoD, and later on an Australian one that had the whole series and the reboot, I wish I had gotten that when I could.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Nice Guys is 4K Dolby Vision on AppleTV, really hope this means a disc version is coming soon.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Gripweed posted:

My Severin order arrived! They sent me the wrong stuff!

This happened to me last year or 2020, I can’t remember, but it was a whole ordeal to get what I actually ordered. I had to actually DM their twitter to even get a response three weeks after the order arrived and at first they insisted they hadn’t screwed up and wouldn’t fix the issue.

They get decent films, but fuuuuuuuuuck Severin.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
My Severin order got cancelled the other day, and I found out due to the refund e-mail they sent me, instead of my stuff.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This happened to me last year or 2020, I can’t remember, but it was a whole ordeal to get what I actually ordered. I had to actually DM their twitter to even get a response three weeks after the order arrived and at first they insisted they hadn’t screwed up and wouldn’t fix the issue.

They get decent films, but fuuuuuuuuuck Severin.

In the time since I ordered the nun box set I have watched a couple other nunsploitation movies. Which were terrible and have me thinking that this genre is not the deep vein of blasphemous lesbianism I was hoping it would be. I might just keep the Andy Milligan box

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The only real nunsploitation film you ever need to see is Ken Russell's The Devils.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

The only real nunsploitation film you ever need to see is Ken Russell's The Devils.

This is definitely the best one

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Chris James 2 posted:

This is definitely the best one

Head and shoulders above the rest, yeah. Watch as half of a horror-of-entrenched-power double feature with Hara-Kiri and… poo poo, now that think about it, that would be rough afterward.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Alucarda and School if the Holy Beast/The Transgressor are good.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Alucarda is really good too yeah, I forgot all about that one.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

dorium posted:

The Nice Guys is 4K Dolby Vision on AppleTV, really hope this means a disc version is coming soon.
Goodie.

I really wish we’d get a sequel.

Edge of Tomorrow UHD showed up today.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gripweed posted:

I don't know about that, I ordered the Nasty Habits box set but they sent me the Dungeon of Andy Milligan box set.

In the US, legally you do not have to return (or pay for) unexpected orders. Unless they're going to pay for the return shipment that Dungeon of Andy Milligan box is yours.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Casimir Radon posted:

Edge of Tomorrow UHD showed up today.
I got mine yesterday. Gonna watch it later today :cheers:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

King Vidiot posted:

Bruno Mattei's The Other Hell is shockingly good

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Holy HMV Exclusive 3-disc set, Batman!

Outer box. It's nice.

Front

Back

Comes with this bad boy

Front

Back

Inside are these

Discs are in this steelbook case

Front

Back

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Fog is getting the Shout Factory UHD treatment:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Star Trek is getting a new box set with all 6 films in UHD. Sorry/thank you? to the people who bought the 1-4 collection last year.
Also up, the first movie gets a Director's Cut since that 4 disc set only had the theatrical version. Still unclear if you'll get the theatrical and the new director's cut in the new boxset, possibly making that first box set the only place for the orginal version of the film.
On the plus they are at least releasing movie 5 and 6 as individual skus too for the 1-4 set owners.

Army of Darkness is getting a UHD from shout/scream. Sorry/Thank you? to the people who bought the "groovy" collection of 1+2+the tv show. No clue which versions are in this one, for there are many (I think I finally saw the workprint version that cuts that stuff back in)

Evil Dead 2013 also popped up for anyone really into the remake. I think the rights split stuff would prevent all four films from being in the same set, who knows.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 4, 2022

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
The groovy collection has been on sale for like $50 which still seems like a.good deal, AOD missing aside

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

worms butthole guy posted:

The groovy collection has been on sale for like $50 which still seems like a.good deal, AOD missing aside

The uhds of 1 & 2 seem to stay around 15 bucks, and sporadically go even cheaper. 20 bucks for 3 seasons of Ash Vs Evil Dead isn't bad on BD but I don't think I'd ever rewatch the show, unlike the films.
Tbf there might be some other exclusive thing to that set I don't know about. Still glad I waited to grab all 3 individually

amazon has the steelbook art up on that pre order, decent enough if that's your kink

e: also up on shouts site now, says 4 discs, so maybe 3 cuts and the workprint/TV stuff in SD like usual? https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/army-of-darkness-collector-s-edition-1?product_id=7884

orrrr if you like spending money on overpriced trinkets, shout gotchu https://www.shoutfactory.com/page/list/id/282152

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 4, 2022

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
That steelbook looks dope.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

And the remake is getting a UHD too!

What a day for pre-orders.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My preorder of Bloody Muscle Body Builder in Hell ships next week :getin:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

zer0spunk posted:

Star Trek is getting a new box set with all 6 films in UHD. Sorry/thank you? to the people who bought the 1-4 collection last year.

you're welcome

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I'm legit surprised they decided to do individual SKUs of the last 2 films instead of making y'all buy the thing twice, because..Paramount.

I also would not be surprised if they don't include the 4k release of the theatrical version in the DE or new box set making completionists seek out the 1-4 collection, because..Paramount.

Also, while we're on the Paramount thing, it will be a cold day in hell before I own the godfather 3, I can wait this one out ya mooks.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 4, 2022

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I never saw that directors cut that came out recently. I am intrigued but I also don’t get a lot of enjoyment out of The Godfather in general so it feels like a slog to get to 3 just to see if the DC is any good.

pwn
May 27, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

The uhds of 1 & 2 seem to stay around 15 bucks, and sporadically go even cheaper. 20 bucks for 3 seasons of Ash Vs Evil Dead isn't bad on BD but I don't think I'd ever rewatch the show, unlike the films.
Tbf there might be some other exclusive thing to that set I don't know about. Still glad I waited to grab all 3 individually

amazon has the steelbook art up on that pre order, decent enough if that's your kink

e: also up on shouts site now, says 4 discs, so maybe 3 cuts and the workprint/TV stuff in SD like usual? https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/army-of-darkness-collector-s-edition-1?product_id=7884

orrrr if you like spending money on overpriced trinkets, shout gotchu https://www.shoutfactory.com/page/list/id/282152

Please tell me that Shout! doesn't charge you until they ship on preorders? I preordered from BB for the Indiana Jones steelbooks and they just keep putting holds on my account over and loving over until it ships.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

pwn posted:

Please tell me that Shout! doesn't charge you until they ship on preorders? I preordered from BB for the Indiana Jones steelbooks and they just keep putting holds on my account over and loving over until it ships.

They do charge unless you use a payment plan on PayPal or the “pay later” function on PayPal.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
There are some shots in the 4K Directors Edition of the first Star Trek movie that look loving terrible (observation lounge is especially heinous) but the stuff that's still just original elements look phenomenal.

pwn
May 27, 2004

dorium posted:

They do charge unless you use a payment plan on PayPal or the “pay later” function on PayPal.

Honestly while I would prefer they charge when it ships, if you are gonna charge then just do it instead of putting a hold, the hold expires, you put a hold, it expires, repeat for weeks/months until it ships. That is just obnoxious.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

TheScott2K posted:

There are some shots in the 4K Directors Edition of the first Star Trek movie that look loving terrible (observation lounge is especially heinous) but the stuff that's still just original elements look phenomenal.

Yeah there’s some shots that are mid-tier TV show CG quality; everything was way too smooth and shiny. The old DVD version was probably just as bad but it wouldn’t have been as obvious in 480p.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

david_a posted:

Yeah there’s some shots that are mid-tier TV show CG quality; everything was way too smooth and shiny. The old DVD version was probably just as bad but it wouldn’t have been as obvious in 480p.

Yeah I remember the DVD looking just fine, but UHD is unforgiving. The observation lounge scene is just...guys, throw in the towel, a bigger window isn't that important. You can't do digital compositing with all these sharp high-res edges on people with 70s film elements like that, there's no good outcome there. At least the substance of the movie is unchanged and they didn't do any Star Wars bullshit like musical numbers or background comedy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

zer0spunk posted:

Also up, the first movie gets a Director's Cut since that 4 disc set only had the theatrical version. Still unclear if you'll get the theatrical and the new director's cut in the new boxset, possibly making that first box set the only place for the orginal version of the film.
On the plus they are at least releasing movie 5 and 6 as individual skus too for the 1-4 set owners.

Army of Darkness is getting a UHD from shout/scream. Sorry/Thank you? to the people who bought the "groovy" collection of 1+2+the tv show. No clue which versions are in this one, for there are many (I think I finally saw the workprint version that cuts that stuff back in)

Evil Dead 2013 also popped up for anyone really into the remake. I think the rights split stuff would prevent all four films from being in the same set, who knows.

If it doesn't have the director's cut of Undiscovered Country, then no buys.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

edogawa rando posted:

If it doesn't have the director's cut of Undiscovered Country, then no buys.

It has both cuts of 6 and can be bought alone or in the set

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I think TMP and VI are the only ones I actually want in UHD. Normal BluRay feels right for the Harve Bennett Trilogy.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

TheScott2K posted:

Yeah I remember the DVD looking just fine, but UHD is unforgiving. The observation lounge scene is just...guys, throw in the towel, a bigger window isn't that important. You can't do digital compositing with all these sharp high-res edges on people with 70s film elements like that, there's no good outcome there. At least the substance of the movie is unchanged and they didn't do any Star Wars bullshit like musical numbers or background comedy.

Is the “observation lounge” the part at Star Fleet HQ where the flying cars land? That looked exactly like a modern remaster of an old FMV point-and-click game or something - these really obvious “sprites” moving around against a static background.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

david_a posted:

Is the “observation lounge” the part at Star Fleet HQ where the flying cars land? That looked exactly like a modern remaster of an old FMV point-and-click game or something - these really obvious “sprites” moving around against a static background.

No, though that scene is pretty bad too. The observation lounge is this scene between Kirk, McCoy, and newly-arrived Spock where the background was originally a small window, and on the DVD they either made the window bigger or doubled it or something, and on the new restoration they, like, make the room bigger by stenciling out the foreground elements and almost make it like ten forward. It's bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

pwn posted:

Honestly while I would prefer they charge when it ships, if you are gonna charge then just do it instead of putting a hold, the hold expires, you put a hold, it expires, repeat for weeks/months until it ships. That is just obnoxious.

Yeah it’s annoying. I stick with the payment plan usually. The whole system is predatory if you take a look at what it’s doing to young GenZ kids, but it’s cool if you got a steady income and don’t want to dole out the entire pot in one go.