Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Yeah supes in the military was Stillwell's initiative and it died with her. Presumably Edgar knew Temp V was in the pipeline so he didn't particularly care, especially as "reign in Homelander" became job 1.

It makes sense to bring a strong supe in to jerk him off and calm him down. The biggest WTF was thinking that putting an unrepentant Nazi who just lost her sole connection to society in the room with a legitimate Ubermensch would end well.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Supes in the military was a thing in the beginning of S2, it led to Homelander doing a war crimes on camera and making it all look like poo poo. Then the reality of compound V got leaked and they had to pivot to just rolling with it and hyping up "super terrorists attacking America" as a way to sell V as a means of internal security ("we need more supes"), which is about where Stormfront came in as something other than part of girls getting it done.

This was all kind of abrupt as I recall it, but military superheroes didn't just disappear, it got derailed and then rerouted to anti-terrorism "at home" as a lead up to temp V, probably, but also a "the war comes home" thing.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

roomtone posted:

after this disappointing turn for the season in the last episode (i know i'm in the minority on that), the way they'd get me back for s4 is just

'the boys' text on screen, screams+sirens etc

annie saying on the phone to hughie 'we need to hide. he's gone nuclear'

something about millions dead, homelander is taking a break on the moon, there is no more sheesh should we really be doing all this?

or something to that effect, and then for s4 episode 1 to actually be that, and have all of this awfulness finally come to it's inevitable crescendo

if it's a season of homelander being depowered and humiliated before inevitably getting repowered and THEN doing that finale part, i don't need to see any more. let's not drag this evil superman saga out much more, the seams are getting worn down at this point.

that'd be cool but i don't think it's going to happen. they can play out the cape soap opera for a long time yet and heck, im still finding the individual episodes enjoyable even though the overall storyline is starting to drag a bit.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I am deeply sorry for this derail that resulted in this steaming hot poo poo of a take ending up in this thread.

I'll check out SNW and Below Decks if Disco/Picard haters aren't hating them but I'm not huge on a Family Guy esque take on Star Trek, if I want that I can watch the first half of The Orville's first season.

As for The Boys, I've legit enjoyed this season, there seems to be an abundance of watchers in this thread looking for more than there is though. It's a good schlocky "what if Superheroes were a capitalist product" vehicle for parody allegories on current events with the tongue firmly planted in cheek. I loving love it.

I just want to trick people into watching picard

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Picard is ok if you’re caught up on all your other shows and baked as gently caress.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

That DICK! posted:

I just want to trick people into watching picard

You're not supposed to admit this part

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hey guys I rewatched the first season and I don’t think this whole superhero thing is a good idea, I can’t believe they didn’t follow up on this

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
forget it, i'm stupid to respond.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 4, 2022

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. compound V. cause of vought

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
How is this thread the worst one on the forums

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It’s our collective superpower.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Horizon Burning posted:

these are the worst posts! they're in every thread! you aren't jim halpert! stop looking at the camera, dipshit!

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Horizon Burning posted:

It's nowhere near that nadir, yet. It's not even the worst in tviv. It is consistently entertaining.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Because the show is week to week and people have an entire week to talk about it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I do notice some people here are very aggressive. Even the Star Trek threads are more chill.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

I do notice some people here are very aggressive. Even the Star Trek threads are more chill.

Yeah, seconded. I was gonna say something before about this but decided not to because of, you know, the aggression.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
it's a highly politicised show/full of super hero poo poo so it's a great combo to bring all the cousins together for a family BBQ.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Collateral posted:

It's nowhere near that nadir, yet. It's not even the worst in tviv. It is consistently entertaining.

TVIV is a fun place. A personal point of comedy was the Better Call Saul thread where some spoilers dropped, someone said they didn't want spoilers, and then someone else immediately quoted them and started talking about the spoilers.

Mu Zeta posted:

The violent TV show is making our posts violent!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
can't wait for stormfront to come back in the vader suit for the big family reunion

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mu Zeta posted:

Hey buddy gently caress you

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, seconded. I was gonna say something before about this but decided not to because of, you know, the aggression.

at this point when someone stumbles in to defend a bigoted character we shoot on sight

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

christmas boots posted:

Hey buddy gently caress you

also this

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

TIP posted:

at this point when someone stumbles in to defend a bigoted character we shoot on sight

Soldier Boy isn't bigoted, he just legitimately doesn't remember all the black families he killed.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Morrow posted:

Soldier Boy isn't bigoted, he just legitimately doesn't remember all the black families he killed.

this is all mindstorms fault!!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Morrow posted:

quote:

“He’s a grandpa, right?” continued Ackles. “He’s from the ‘40s. Like, he fought in World War II and he’s just this curmudgeon bigoted a**hole."

His own actor calls him bigoted. I don't understand this take at all

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/510155-jensen-ackles-teases-soldier-boys-introduction-in-the-boys-season-3

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

hey guys you ever notice that stormfront and mindstorm both have the word storm in them? and she used to be called liberty?

I think she wasn't really a racist and she was just a "front" for the real racist, mind "storm", who was secretly controlling her this whole time

they had to fake her death when they broke the psychic link so that he wouldn't know they were on to him

now that soldier boy has killed mindfront she is going to come out of hiding and return as liberty and help take down homelander

lol no

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Todd would explain to MM that he's reaching when he's telling his daughter Stormfront is a Nazi.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Mms grandpa was no angel ac-

:gibs:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Has anyone made this claim unironically? I think the original discussion was over the meaning of a specific line, not whether Soldier Boy was a racist.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Open Source Idiom posted:

Has anyone made this claim unironically? I think the original discussion was over the meaning of a specific line, not whether Soldier Boy was a racist.

Until proven otherwise I'm just assuming Morrow is serious because there's been so many bad takes it's not my job to sort them out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How can soldier boy be racist when he loves bill cosby and the mujahideen

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Horizon Burning posted:

Because people who have convinced themselves that they're funny but actually aren't are somehow worse posters than the blithering idiots who are indescribably bad at watching TV and understanding things that are right in front of their faces

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Wahhhhhhh

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

pik_d posted:

Until proven otherwise I'm just assuming Morrow is serious because there's been so many bad takes it's not my job to sort them out.

Morrow was obviously making a joke. We don't have to make everything into "how are people this bad at watching tv"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

davidspackage posted:

Morrow was obviously making a joke. We don't have to make everything into "how are people this bad at watching tv"

Yeah, we've branched out into "how are people this bad at reading posts".

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Has the show addressed if Translucent's poop is translucent?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

oh jay posted:

Has the show addressed if Translucent's poop is translucent?

I was literally about to make fun of you for asking this and then I remembered that Translucent visibly pees on the bars of his cage in season 1 episode 2 and logically that should mean that his poop would be visible and now I hate myself too and need to go lie down for a while.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

jabby posted:

Watching the animated Gunpowder getting beaten to a pulp by Soldier Boy kinda makes what Butcher did to him ten times worse.

Imagine having that background and then suddenly the guy who's been stalking you turns out to have Soldier-Boy level superpowers, and proceeds to cave your face in.

Both homelander and gunpowder try and murder Billy Butcher before finding out he has powers. Gunpowder shoots him twice in the chest. Not a lot of sympathy there.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Mu Zeta posted:

How can soldier boy be racist when he loves bill cosby and the mujahideen

he also dances the salsa and knows a couple of words in spanish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
He's obviously gay