Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

quick mockup of this concept:

all rights reserved do not steal

xcheopis posted:

That sounds good in principle, right up until I tilt my head slightly over freshly dried clothes and tea splashes all over, as is its wont.

did you know tea is considered to be a natural dye??

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

quick mockup of this concept:

all rights reserved do not steal

did you know tea is considered to be a natural dye??

If I wanted to do tea-dye, then I'd go back to day camp!

Driving down the continent with a pistol in her lap
Followed by a handsome man who says his name is Jack

xcheopis

Hey
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfHp_TFJ3zz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Rarity posted:

I just got back from my first poetry open mic reading. I was pretty nervous when I got there which wasn't helped by the fact they decided to PUT ME ON FIRST WHAT THE gently caress but once I started doing my piece I settled down and got to a zone where everything was just flowing and people seemed to like it. I also met a couple of lovely girls who were also doing reading which was very nice. Then the event ended and everyone was mingling and I was like 'I don't want people talking to me about my work or even worse NOT talking to me about my work' so I busted a move out of there and now I'm at home with a few ciders letting the stress go away :)

First is actually best IMO, that way you get a fresh audience that isn't comparing you to previous acts while you perform

Doesn't make it any less intimidating though :sweatdrop:

Manifisto

hey!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

g'mungo everyone! hope folks are enjoying gearing up for american canada day tomorrow, including stocking up on earplugs for pets and, more happily, barbecue ingredients and accessories!

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Manifisto posted:

g'mungo everyone! hope folks are enjoying gearing up for american canada day tomorrow, including stocking up on earplugs for pets and, more happily, barbecue ingredients and accessories!

Considering changing my user name to Barbecue Earplugs

Sig by Heather Papps

xcheopis

Things not to do today:
Take the meds from the "throughout the day" container instead of the "first thing in the morning" one.

cruft

Gettin' tired of COVID-19.

Really looking forward to the COVID-23 release announcement.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Rarity posted:

I just got back from my first poetry open mic reading. I was pretty nervous when I got there which wasn't helped by the fact they decided to PUT ME ON FIRST WHAT THE gently caress but once I started doing my piece I settled down and got to a zone where everything was just flowing and people seemed to like it. I also met a couple of lovely girls who were also doing reading which was very nice. Then the event ended and everyone was mingling and I was like 'I don't want people talking to me about my work or even worse NOT talking to me about my work' so I busted a move out of there and now I'm at home with a few ciders letting the stress go away :)

when's the international byob poetry reading going to be bc I'm chomping at the bit

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

more falafel please

forums poster

cruft posted:

they're calling it COVID-2x now because they honestly have no idea when all the proposals will be in and the standard will get finalized

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

*sits on stage in front of microphone flipping through Uncle John's Limericks for Poopin'*

...heheh
...oh, out loud? Oh... I don't think these are appropriate for reading to an audience.
...Heheheheh Nantucket

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

cruft posted:

me too, but the new release is PS5 exclusive and it's BULLSHIT

baka of lathspell

Rarity posted:

fuckin dope

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

your friend sk posted:

me too, but the new release is PS5 exclusive and it's BULLSHIT

breaking the bank for the new COVID 23 pS5 exclusive that comes with a tshirt and the licensed original sound track on cassette and a sneak preview of the opening level of COVID 24: ALL DAY FOREVER in a bonus demo unlocked when u beat the game

cruft

Currently enjoying some gay poutine, il me fait penser de mon yob. Ma yob? The yob.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i have an extremely scottish name with an odd spelling that really only gets used in scotland and i occasionally get a scottish person with my same name's email and I am sure vice-versa.

Anyway I hope my scottish doppleganger has fun on their trip from aberdeen to Luanda, Angola!!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

also robots are in charge of the internet now and what they heck they dont know what they are doing i dont want a t-shirt on my poutine!!

https://www.aidsquilt.org/best-store-bought-gravy-for-poutine/

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

really glad to learn that aidsquilt.org is a robot review listicle site

Prof. Crocodile

hello the yob, I have been away for awhile but I thought you might enjoy pictures of two Australian shepherd puppies that I met this weekend.

see them here full of mischief…

during full romp mode…
https://i.imgur.com/XubjEkY.mp4

and here when they are plum tuckered out…

xcheopis

Prof. Crocodile posted:

hello the yob, I have been away for awhile but I thought you might enjoy pictures of two Australian shepherd puppies that I met this weekend.

during full romp mode…

:kimchi:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Prof. Crocodile posted:

during full romp mode…

australian shepherds are the most mischievous dogs and these two look like they are well on their way to becoming adorable holy terrors

Dukes Mayo Clinic
australian shepherds making intense eye contact with the camera always fills me with a very specific good feeling.

I went to a little party at our friend’s farm yesterday evening. My chief regret is that I did not get any documentation to share of the pile of barn kittens chasing each other up and down the kiddie playground slide. I assure you they were adorable.

Meanwhile I wanna practice tunes in B and my son’s noisy toy makes sounds in C and that just will not do. Gonna spend the next couple hours googling how to retune children’s electronic toys.

xcheopis

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

I went to a little party at our friend’s farm yesterday evening. My chief regret is that I did not get any documentation to share of the pile of barn kittens chasing each other up and down the kiddie playground slide. I assure you they were adorable.

crime!

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

during full romp mode…

oh my gosh what cuties

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

my next post in this thread will be my 2000th post in this thread, what should it be about

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Crimes, tacos or butts

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
orbs

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

biosterous posted:

my next post in this thread will be my 2000th post in this thread, what should it be about

:dippy:

more falafel please

forums poster

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i have an extremely scottish name with an odd spelling that really only gets used in scotland and i occasionally get a scottish person with my same name's email and I am sure vice-versa.

Anyway I hope my scottish doppleganger has fun on their trip from aberdeen to Luanda, Angola!!

i have a last name that's not uncommon on the east coast anyway and my email address is firstinitiallastname at gmail so I get a lot of emails for people who gently caress up their email address. usually there's no way I can do anything about it without trying to doxx them. occasionally there's a phone number so i can text something like "hey, I think you put your email address in wrong, but your pizza should be there between 6:52 and 7:02, and you might wanna talk to dominos"

sb hermit

Zil posted:

Crimes, tacos or butts

or what about crimes, tacos, and butts?

sb hermit

more falafel please posted:

i have a last name that's not uncommon on the east coast anyway and my email address is firstinitiallastname at gmail so I get a lot of emails for people who gently caress up their email address. usually there's no way I can do anything about it without trying to doxx them. occasionally there's a phone number so i can text something like "hey, I think you put your email address in wrong, but your pizza should be there between 6:52 and 7:02, and you might wanna talk to dominos"

something similar has happened to me

I received a heartfelt thank you for being a friend at church, a set of offer letters for employment, and a full-on web link to a set of real estate escrow documents, among others.

The real estate escrow documents are crazy because generally they detail the exact minutae of a person's life regarding credit

I have not received any more documents but I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a similar mistake. I hope my doppelganger decides to change his e-mail address because I never wanted access to this crap

more falafel please

forums poster

sb hermit posted:

something similar has happened to me

I received a heartfelt thank you for being a friend at church, a set of offer letters for employment, and a full-on web link to a set of real estate escrow documents, among others.

The real estate escrow documents are crazy because generally they detail the exact minutae of a person's life regarding credit

I have not received any more documents but I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a similar mistake. I hope my doppelganger decides to change his e-mail address because I never wanted access to this crap

if there's anything like a real person behind it it's fine because you can just reply with "hey, you've got the wrong email address, i hate to be the bearer of bad news"

but when it's like, directv, you can't do anything. I've tried with customer service, they don't have a contingency for "the person contacting CS isn't the account holder, but they own the email address on file for the account holder". they just confused for a while and tell you how you can recover your account if you don't have the email anymore. and it's like. great! tell them that! i don't know who they are

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

more falafel please posted:

I had a good one of these the other day, someone had ordered flowers with a message, and because I got the email I was able to change the message before it went out, so I left the message as it was but appended "also please tell me that my email address isn't [the email address]" to it.

Manifisto

good morning and happy independence day! regardless of how you may feel about the holiday, if at all. I'm gonna have dinner out with some family and friends and then watch some explosions over a lake, hopefully the explosions will be pretty.

ty nesamdoom!

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

sb hermit posted:

:hmmyes:

biosterous

Zil posted:

Crimes, tacos or butts

sb hermit posted:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3765007

:justpost:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I'm going to visit my Grandma. Hope you all have a fun, relaxing day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Do you ever have a dream that is technically a nightmare but within the dream you keep thinking of how things could be worse?

I woke up this morning from a dream that I had been forced into being in a production of The Producers. The heads of the town had placed my car in an impenetrable bubble in the parking garage unless I starred as Leo Bloom alongside the poet Danez Smith, who I've never met. The director of the show was a guy I knew in high-school. "No, no," I protested, "I can't be Leo Bloom in The Producers you fool. I've only paid for two hours parking and besides, I've transitioned since the last time we chatted."

He replied that it was no big deal. My parking would be comped by the city, and they'd already rewritten the part as Leah Bloom. "Why can't I just be one of the women already in the play," I asked. The director replied with a rueful twitch of his mouth that there weren't that many. I knew he was right. It's pretty much just Ulla and a bunch of old ladies who don't say or do much. And the more time I spent with the script the more I thought they did a sharp, thoughtful revision of the character. I sat there eating gummy mice from a sleek chrome trench backstage, nodding in appreciation.

In the end the play went fine.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!