Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I wish I was going to pwg :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1543324590209961986

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hoooly gently caress

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats cool i want to see that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was hoping bell time for pwg would be at 7 so i would drive straight from work to the venue but the show being at 5 guarantees i wont be able to do that. drat, show looked good too

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was hoping bell time for pwg would be at 7 so i would drive straight from work to the venue but the show being at 5 guarantees i wont be able to do that. drat, show looked good too

Can you not just leave early? Your job probably isn't important tbh, most people's aren't

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Can you not just leave early? Your job probably isn't important tbh, most people's aren't

Was about to recommend against this but then I looked at the card. gently caress work

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

i definitely cannot lol

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I know we say this for every PWG show but god drat you, Super Dragon for insisting on no-streaming. This card is ridiculous:

https://twitter.com/YukaSakazaki/status/1543453904192413696

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i definitely cannot lol

I'm not saying lie to your employer (I am absolutely doing that), but maybe declare you have just thrown up at lunchtime & you have to go home before you spread norovirus around the workplace.

Alternatively I think over the years I've had "my granny died" so I gotta go to the funeral in city that isn't nearby at least 7 times. Not all at the same job but I'm sure my granny would approve of my skiving.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah never don’t be lying to get out of work unless you think someone else from work will be at the show to narc on you

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I know we say this for every PWG show but god drat you, Super Dragon for insisting on no-streaming. This card is ridiculous:

https://twitter.com/YukaSakazaki/status/1543453904192413696

Card looks awesome, can't wait to watch the show early next year or whenever.

Also given recent storyline development in AEW, how likely is it that the Bucks make a surprise appearance to challenge the winner of HOB vs UE? Would fit given their PWG history, and how they currently 'only' have one pair of titles vs FTR's 3.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Also given recent storyline development in AEW, how likely is it that the Bucks make a surprise appearance to challenge the winner of HOB vs UE? Would fit given their PWG history, and how they currently 'only' have one pair of titles vs FTR's 3.

Wouldn't rule it out

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Aew and pwg aren't connected like that so dont get your hopes up

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I’m guessing part of how pwg previously could and currently does get the roster they have is precisely because they aren’t on streaming services.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

LionYeti posted:

I’m guessing part of how pwg previously could and currently does get the roster they have is precisely because they aren’t on streaming services.
I'm pretty sure that there are no such restrictions at this point the way that there were during the "ROH and WWN hate each other" era.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah dont think theres anybody pwg couldnt book and stream except wwe and cmll guys lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Maybe it's music rights for the entrance music that prevents them from streaming.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 3, 2022

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they don't play entrances on the vids, or at least they didnt used to i haven't watched for a while. they are just fine with it being a highly sought after live product and aren't worried about streaming it. maybe some day but it's not a priority at all

e; o ya duh, but i dont think that's what's stopping them

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe it's music rights for the entrance music that prevents them from streaming.

This doesn’t stop anyone else, even indies that run on FITE use whatever the hell they want

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Super dragon is not gonna pony up the upfront for streaming

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't knowl how to do it and it sucks to find out. that's it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

nobody ran in to challenge for either titles, Garcia v Takeshita was perfection, and I teared up like an idiot during Yuka v Masha.

Yuka was in full-on chaos demon mode, it ruled.

ETA:

This is why PWG had to start early, the Globe booked two shows lmaooo

https://imgur.com/a/V2JM3DE

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 4, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Just remembered that last year someone got their finger cut off in IWA Deep South. Not an accident, just used box cutters.

And according to someone who watched it they didn't even catch the moment on camera lol he lost a finger for nothing. It's like the opposite of carny poo poo

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

forkboy84 posted:

Just remembered that last year someone got their finger cut off in IWA Deep South. Not an accident, just used box cutters.

And according to someone who watched it they didn't even catch the moment on camera lol he lost a finger for nothing. It's like the opposite of carny poo poo

I had forgotten all about that. Watched it live like O_O

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
4 more hours until its backyard time

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m just catching up on GCW before I catch up with backyard wrestling tomorrow after work and hooooly shiiiiiit Hoodfoot’s arm.

I heard it was bad but god drat.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Cool Post Beg posted:

4 more hours until its backyard time

GDT https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006329

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/StarrcastEvents/status/1544130379136778240

And no, we still don't know what Ric Flair's Last Match is actually going to be yet.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This show was great. My first Enjoy show and I absolutely loved it, a very cool welcoming vibe to the show and a nice variety of wrestling going on. Willow Nightingale is cool as hell and insanely charismatic, she was the highlight of both matches she was in.

My wife and I got there right as the doors opened and were right next to the ring, that made for a hell of a fun show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

A Fancy Hat posted:

This show was great. My first Enjoy show and I absolutely loved it, a very cool welcoming vibe to the show and a nice variety of wrestling going on. Willow Nightingale is cool as hell and insanely charismatic, she was the highlight of both matches she was in.

My wife and I got there right as the doors opened and were right next to the ring, that made for a hell of a fun show.
I had Balcony seats but ended up standing with my friends right by the entrance ramp and the doors to where the merch was; got to meet Lee, Willow, and Ziggy Haim (who I like a lot and hope she gets bigger gigs)

Then just as I was leaving got to meet Effy and get a pic with him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WES canceled their show

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Chris James 2 posted:

WES canceled their show

:geno: Shocking

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dean muhtadi (mojo) is doing a free meet and greet for anyone who had a ticket to that show since WES is probably not going to refund anyone

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

achillesforever6 posted:

I had Balcony seats but ended up standing with my friends right by the entrance ramp and the doors to where the merch was; got to meet Lee, Willow, and Ziggy Haim (who I like a lot and hope she gets bigger gigs)

Then just as I was leaving got to meet Effy and get a pic with him

Ziggy was super cool. I had no idea she was a heel so I started cheering her because of the shirt she wore for her first match. She pretty quickly got me booing her but I could easily see her work as a great face, too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Ziggy was super cool. I had no idea she was a heel so I started cheering her because of the shirt she wore for her first match. She pretty quickly got me booing her but I could easily see her work as a great face, too.
Yeah she has a lot of good gutsy matches (wrestled Fonzy from ECW last year in a hardcore match) I like when she busts out the Twin Peaks themed attire.
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1543402512518205441
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1543417003393908738
But yeah Lee was cool to chat with for a second

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

A Fancy Hat posted:

Same, went with my S/O because we are big fans of Willow/Edith and loved it. I've seen Eel O'Neal at a few shows now and he's fun every time too. We were in the balcony basically right over the top of the entrance ramp. We would probably go again if it was closer, but we're in the Philly burbs north east of the city so it was a hike.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah she has a lot of good gutsy matches (wrestled Fonzy from ECW last year in a hardcore match) I like when she busts out the Twin Peaks themed attire.
But yeah Lee was cool to chat with for a second

drat, I saw you around the show and thought you looked familiar. I knew you back in the day from Lordkat's group before LK lost his ever loving mind.

syzpid fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 8, 2022

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

syzpid posted:

drat, I saw you around the show and thought you looked familiar. I knew you back in the day from Lordkat's group before LK lost his ever loving mind.
Oh god that is a blast from the blast, still weird I was able to be on those streams on skype lol; and yeah I got out when things starting turning really south with the Spoony stuff in like 2012

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is anyone watching this West Coast Pro show? If so has Nick Wayne vs. ACH already happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1544841892894019584

lol Brett's still pissed