Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Porterhaus
Jun 6, 2006

Zero to Gyro

Waroduce posted:

Double Exp, Double the loots weeeks and poopsocking EQ has allowed me to vorasciously re-live my childhook experience and its been quite wonderful despite how lovely my sleep cycle is right now. I was up till 4.30AM EST and didn't even realize.

So yesterday Oro and I were maybe like 28 and 31ish respectively and we were a bit burnt out on MM and felt like we were going to need to move eventually anyway so we started the day off by throwing up an LFG and doing a run out to LGUK which was....fantastic tbh.

EQ still has a little of that gently caress how am I going to get there, where is this stupid thing going that preserves a bit of the sense of discovery for me despite having gorgeous 3rd party maps in my UI now.

We go out to Upper guk and had a find time figuring out our way down to LGUK but always turning right does indeed get you there eventually.

We showed up and Lguk was popping, bunch of stupid full picks up but we noticed alot of LFG people sitting around the zone line, with one being a cleric and the other being an SK. Literally not knowing any of the camps, routes, how to get around or anything , naturally I invited both of them and just said " Let's try to find a camp". We added some other casters and we just zoned in. Luckily one guy knew the way to bedroom so we followed him under the water (little concerning) and set up in what we now know as the bedroom.

As the bard, I've come to realize I am generally the groups preferred puller so despite my lack of zone knowledge I start pulling and slowly figure out my loop. Because the zone is so heavily camped, I get to wander quite far which as a newcomer to the zone does get my heart beating a little bit but I do it with the map out first in the lower corner of my screen until I learn the loop for good. I was pulling out under from rear end/sup and from exec pretty aggressively but I got to learn where those camps were while I was pulling for my bedroom camp which was pretty nice.

We poopsocked that for a while but the pulls in Lguk are SO aggressive irt to competition from other pullers. We couldn't keep the mobs coming at a good clip so Ouro helpfuly monitored /pick and we pop'd over to a new instance and immediately called rear end/sup which was very rewarding for me as I knew where that was so it was cool to see the pathing. We cleared those guys a few times and I was aggressively pulling bedroom and exec at the same time until the exec camp called they were bailing so we moved down there.

Got set up on the wall and started doing the loop, got to see a few of the rare mobs pup, 2x exec hoods, 1x of that sword, some other stuff while we were down there. I started venturing very very far (i mean i felt it was far) out into the frenzy area to pull and even up toward the king and bringing back the mobs to exec. Passed some time there and we logged off to take a dinner break.

When we pop'd back on around 36 and 38 respectively we got pinged for a Sol B group but the guy was just pulling anyone from LFG and didn't have a camp or anything going unfortunately. we zoned in and no one knew anything about the zone or where to go and people were seemingly AFK at random times so that quickly fell apart.

We pinged a boxed cleric chanter we made friends with in MM and he was camping frenzy so we joined up on him for a bit and got to do that. I think he likes me bc I can go out and pull poo poo further and more easily than he can safely and I've been chatting him up. Ouro also makes his life super easy bc lol another enchanter and more CC.

did that for a bit and had to log finally around 4.30am and level 38.5.

We're going to pop on later today and try to push for 45 hopefully so we can start doing plane stuff. There doesn't seem to be alot of leveling options for this awkward 38-42ish window pre-hole.

I appreciate the direction to Solb royal, bugs and bats and possibly the hole but am i too low for hole at 38 bard? I think we're gunna throw up an lfg and see what comes our way. Hamlord and SolB royals sound the most viable but we're very open to other items.

For SolB, im assuming invisi is good and we can use that to get to royals or whateveR?

Probably not kedge though.

other thoughts:

1. Holy poo poo is pulling in busy zones aggressive especially in guk. I'm going like a 3rd of the zone over to find mobs for my group and pulling far distances. which is fun but a little nerve racking when Its my first time in in 20 years.

1b. Pulling as a bard, should i be using like a bow? or do I primarily get by with like aoe snare, throw a dd song and book it which is what i've been currently doing. I kind of get how mezz/lull pulling works from my time in MM or at least enough to get it going rudimentarily and optimize from there.

2. Alot of eq players seem too chill as in content with like slower exp gains and to just be in a party. Ouro and I are super aggressive with the pulls (manna permitting), trying to keep a good tempo and we're very quick to be like hey we need to move camps/picks if we have a good group going that everyone is progressing out of our current set up.

3. god bless /taxi

4. What are my options for gating? should i just buy some gate potions? my origin is Quenyos which sucks rn, but gunna be good for da hole but I hate getting stuck deep somewhere without an easy way out :(

5. Building out your own lfg group and finding a camp is very annoying but spamming ooc or loitering around the zone line is annoying in a different way. Im not sure which the best approach is. Maybe just if you get a tank and healer in lfg you start your own thing. Takes alot of energy and brain noodling to put the lfg together and try to find a camp when you dont know the zone lol

It’s been super enjoyable sticking to a zone and leveling up with it from the low to high lvl camps. Feels like we’ve gotten nearly complete knowledge of Mistmoore and LGuk (undead side) doing this at least. I somehow avoided both on my magician leveling journey in favor of a lot of Kunark 20 years ago so this has been all new to me.

Enchanter has been a ton of fun managing re-charms, locking down the battlefield, etc but it feels so weird not immediately burning all my mana to nuke like I did in the old days. My spellbook is always open swapping around haste/clarity/resist magic and I love how active the grouping feels even if it makes it harder to go AFK for any reason.

I’ll echo what Waro said. We seem so much more aggressive than most group members we’ve found in LFG who seem content to sit practically AFK with a low volume of pulls in an overcamped zone. Loved MM castle entrance (and then moving inside) and pulling extra far and hard in LGuk because it made me feel like I’m getting my money’s worth out of my AOE mez. Didn’t hurt that we were absolutely freebasing XP with the bonus week too.

If anyone has any tips for duoing ENC and BRD I’d love to hear them because I’ll have a long date with the cyclops for Jboots farm shortly. Guessing I need to suck up the peridot cost and use Rune, add Root back to the bar to protect myself given we have only Bard regen to work with (plus Celestial Healing pots but re: peridots I’m a broke boy). Pretty sure I can probably solo them with a charmed cyclops vs cyclops cage match as long as I’m extra careful on pulls or have the memwipe memorized.

How does a BRD add the most in that duo? Guessing he runs his health regen, DoT, mana regen, and haste and then just melees and we be extra careful not to take unnecessary hits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Porterhaus posted:

My spellbook is always open swapping around haste/clarity/resist magic and I love how active the grouping feels even if it makes it harder to go AFK for any reason.

You can right click empty spell gems and it brings up categories of spells to memorize. You don't have to click through the book anymore. I just found this out like a month ago :P

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I can't recommend enough setting up hotkey sets and saving them by right click, save spell set. You can then make social hotkeys w/ /mem "Spellsetname" and this opens up a whole world of macro hotkeys that can swap out a single spell for a cast then reset to your standard spell set, etc. etc. Makes caster life a lot simpler. If you empty out the spell bar and mem a spell set w/ a single gem, when you swap spell sets it'll only affect that gem slot etc. (so you don't set up spell sets that cycle all 8 gems every time).

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Giving the dog a 30 min walk and popping on. Would love some Goon shenanigans

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

double xp times always get super competitive in the popular level zones, lguk 500% since camps run so close to each other physically. its usually when the real assholes show up too, stealing mobs / training etc

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I just hopped on. We could just jump into the hole and go from there . Nobody is ever camping poo poo from that side. OOT goblins are also primo xp but low loot and there are countless mobs. I’m ok with whatever and am more familiar with all the classic zones than I’d like.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Finishing up w dog I'll be on in ten. Ouroborealis is on rn

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I rolled up an enchanter that power leveled to 12 on Tuesday. Thursday I got covid. I don't want to tell y'all what I've done now.

Enchanter is 49 with 36 hours played. Even got a some decent gear on the come up. Leveling as an enchanter is so easy. As long as the healer can keep you alive everything is fine. Super smooth, I caught all the right groups, didn't even have any ridiculous OOG support.

I got bored cause no one I knew wanted to go to hate so I started a shaman/monk duo last night. Classic duo. No explicit power leveling to 12 this time, which was a little rough at the start. Made it to 37/38 with less than a day played and I might be able to get 46 tonight.

This was my first time playing non-shaman. The differences between the way an enchanter solidifies a group versus a shaman are interesting to say the least. Also, all pub groups are trash, people are trash, most camps are actually trash.

E: I'm on yelinak as Boneytooth (enc) and have reprised roll as Oggwhomp Smash (shm) and his non-verbal travelling companion, Shonuff, who only knows how to say "shonnuff" as an affirmative response.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 4, 2022

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Porterhaus posted:

It’s been super enjoyable sticking to a zone and leveling up with it from the low to high lvl camps. Feels like we’ve gotten nearly complete knowledge of Mistmoore and LGuk (undead side) doing this at least. I somehow avoided both on my magician leveling journey in favor of a lot of Kunark 20 years ago so this has been all new to me.

Enchanter has been a ton of fun managing re-charms, locking down the battlefield, etc but it feels so weird not immediately burning all my mana to nuke like I did in the old days. My spellbook is always open swapping around haste/clarity/resist magic and I love how active the grouping feels even if it makes it harder to go AFK for any reason.

I’ll echo what Waro said. We seem so much more aggressive than most group members we’ve found in LFG who seem content to sit practically AFK with a low volume of pulls in an overcamped zone. Loved MM castle entrance (and then moving inside) and pulling extra far and hard in LGuk because it made me feel like I’m getting my money’s worth out of my AOE mez. Didn’t hurt that we were absolutely freebasing XP with the bonus week too.

If anyone has any tips for duoing ENC and BRD I’d love to hear them because I’ll have a long date with the cyclops for Jboots farm shortly. Guessing I need to suck up the peridot cost and use Rune, add Root back to the bar to protect myself given we have only Bard regen to work with (plus Celestial Healing pots but re: peridots I’m a broke boy). Pretty sure I can probably solo them with a charmed cyclops vs cyclops cage match as long as I’m extra careful on pulls or have the memwipe memorized.

How does a BRD add the most in that duo? Guessing he runs his health regen, DoT, mana regen, and haste and then just melees and we be extra careful not to take unnecessary hits?

Chanter tips: ALWAYS keep tash on your pet. If you have a shaman or magician in your group, make sure they keep malo on it. Both greatly reduce the chance of a charm break.

When in camp move your pet to the other side of the camp and use the guard command to have him stay there. Even those 2 or 3 seconds of him having to run across the camp when charm breaks helps.

Rune is very useful to surviving charm breaks. Always keep stuns memorized as well. I recommend always keeping 3 stuns memmed so you can stun lock stuff when needed. Much easier to stun a pet for a few seconds to tash and recharm than mez it and have to wait however long for mez to wear off.

Always tash any high Magic Resist mobs like Rock Golems immediately, because most classes can’t land any spells on them until they are debuffed.

You are the best DPS in the entire game with a charm pet, so you being on the top of your game will greatly improve any group you are in.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

RCarr posted:

Always keep stuns memorized as well. I recommend always keeping 3 stuns memmed so you can stun lock stuff when needed. Much easier to stun a pet for a few seconds to tash and recharm than mez it and have to wait however long for mez to wear off.

All three charms share the same cooldown now. I don't know whether you should use color flux or color shift, but it's sad :( but that does make the single target stuns more useful.

Porterhaus
Jun 6, 2006

Zero to Gyro

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Enchanter is 49 with 36 hours played. Even got a some decent gear on the come up. Leveling as an enchanter is so easy. As long as the healer can keep you alive everything is fine. Super smooth, I caught all the right groups, didn't even have any ridiculous OOG support.

I got bored cause no one I knew wanted to go to hate so I started a shaman/monk duo last night. Classic duo. No explicit power leveling to 12 this time, which was a little rough at the start. Made it to 37/38 with less than a day played and I might be able to get 46 tonight.

This was my first time playing non-shaman. The differences between the way an enchanter solidifies a group versus a shaman are interesting to say the least. Also, all pub groups are trash, people are trash, most camps are actually trash.

E: I'm on yelinak as Boneytooth (enc) and have reprised roll as Oggwhomp Smash (shm) and his non-verbal travelling companion, Shonuff, who only knows how to say "shonnuff" as an affirmative response.

DUDE! I've been seeing Oggwhomp in all these zones and had mad respect for your RP commitment. Almost sent you a tell to sing your praises but you had just zoned or logged. Love that character play so much.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I popsocked today like I was 12 again and hit 46.

A good big shout out to rally who set us up at docks in the hole and we never left

38 - 46 🥲

Now onto plane groups
Ant big things I should know as a bard to not screw anything up?

Also is fear or here first/easier?

Porterhaus
Jun 6, 2006

Zero to Gyro

Malaria posted:

You can right click empty spell gems and it brings up categories of spells to memorize. You don't have to click through the book anymore. I just found this out like a month ago :P

You have no idea how useful this tip is. Revolutionized my evening!

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Waroduce posted:

I popsocked today like I was 12 again and hit 46.

A good big shout out to rally who set us up at docks in the hole and we never left

38 - 46 🥲

Now onto plane groups
Ant big things I should know as a bard to not screw anything up?

Also is fear or here first/easier?

Fear is simple when there's not a lot up. It's super chill, can just run around and leash mobs. Steer clear of anything you see and don't like when you run around and you're good. Fear when full popped is an absolute nightmare and a test of guilds in classic. Even good guilds could run into problems and lose people if the gears and chain aggro are bad.

Hate is relatively simple when empty but has a lot of roamers. Tight quarters make pulling a little harder. It also has the 55+ mobs from velious era / hate 2.0 (?) In it that complicates things. It requires more finesse than fear but is relatively safe. Full pop hate is also stupid dangerous but in a less whoops-we-chain-aggroed-cazic-on-zone-in.

Go to the one you need loot from. Every mob has some special ability or gimmick (except a couple maybe?). So the truth is they're different, but similar.

I rounded out some bad groups by soloing ham with my enchanter. Fun. I'll probably bring the shaman and a couple Aradune friends to do some easy PLing tomorrow, hit 50 and maybe do 40-50 on the shaman tomorrow.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Did Yelinak last night on Vaniki - Getting a raid to run down there without CoH was far far harder than Yelinak.

At least we did the faction so we didn't have to clear down, but its still a loooong run...

What I didn't know was that summon corpse is very restricted in Skyshrine - can't summon to the Yelinak area. It only works at the zone-in.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

iirc in fear / hate if the mob is a box it can drop any class piece, so hate chests and fear phoboplasms

hate gets the toothy loot boxes and fear gets the jiggly ones

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LuckyCat posted:

I started up a lil gnome SK on Valinak under the name Ramdass. Decked out in all the Gloomingdeep gear and I don't really know where to go from here but thought I might try U. Guk.

I just realized I mixed the server names "Yelinak" and "Vaniki." it is Vaniki I am on. Had a lot of fun soloing in Upper Guk until 15 and now I am soloing around the castle in Unrest. Is there a goon guild? Also do cash shop exp potions stack with the 76% bonus going right now?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DisgracelandUSA posted:

All three charms share the same cooldown now. I don't know whether you should use color flux or color shift, but it's sad :( but that does make the single target stuns more useful.

Wait, whaaaaat!?

Since when?

That sucks

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

RCarr posted:

Wait, whaaaaat!?

Since when?

That sucks

Change went in towards the end of luclin on Aradune prior to mischief launch, presumably to cut down on the AOE PLers on aradune and in advance of mischief. I saw many say it wouldn’t effect anything the plers would just stack more chanters but it did seem to shut it down pretty effectively. Now it’s DS power leveling with burner bards.

LuckyCat posted:

Also do cash shop exp potions stack with the 76% bonus going right now?

Yes.

Yiggy fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 4, 2022

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yiggy posted:

Change went in towards the end of luclin on Aradune prior to mischief launch, presumably to cut down on the AOE PLers on aradune and in advance of mischief. I saw many say it wouldn’t effect anything the plers would just stack more chanters but it did seem to shut it down pretty effectively. Now it’s DS power leveling with burner bards.

If you are PLing yourself, yeah DS+bard = win, did 1-46 in like 4-5 hours, which like 30-40 minutes was spent moving to different areas.

There are still tons of krono for PL ae groups, those just stacked an extra few enchanters for stuns; Deep, CoD and now dranik's scar. Dranik's is hilarious because the named mobs are immune to stun so will slowly kill the groups.

This is how it is on mischief anyway.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Once you know the tricks in plane of hate it’s the softest end game zone ever. The red mobs have interesting aggro dynamics and leash really easily, and the dispelling chests also leash to their houses if you run away fast enough on aggro. I actually love clearing hate by myself and I love showing people all the little tricks there so I’m stoked to pop up there any time y’all want. It’s the zone I’ve spent by far the most time in. I won’t be around tonight but almost all this week I will.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

rally posted:

Once you know the tricks in plane of hate it’s the softest end game zone ever. The red mobs have interesting aggro dynamics and leash really easily, and the dispelling chests also leash to their houses if you run away fast enough on aggro. I actually love clearing hate by myself and I love showing people all the little tricks there so I’m stoked to pop up there any time y’all want. It’s the zone I’ve spent by far the most time in. I won’t be around tonight but almost all this week I will.

Cool we can try to coordinate a thing! You giving us a casual tour of the hole was a great way to see it and not be totally stressed about where do i go? how do i get there without dying? lol. We managed to hold that camp really well.

Pulling in those areas will be fun, I'll need to watch some bard videos probably. So the Fear/Hate groups we see going are in zones broken open by raids? I wonder if we can get a port up there if we get picked up from an LFG, but getting around would probably be really annoying without knowing the camps or how to get to where they are....

e2: Hole seems like really good exp for us right now, what else is viable 46-50? Goblins in ocean of tears...Solb Royals.... hamlord in guk? I'd like to get a buffer on this exp bar so i don't De-ding LOL.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 4, 2022

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
So plane of hate open world is basically a hunger games setting where mobs are snatched as soon as they spawn (maybe by me lol). You could probably port up there and explore a bit with relative safety if you have eyes up. There are a couple places you might call “camps” that are conveniently out of roamed paths and are easy to pull certain mobs to. However mobs in hate leash with the greatest of ease and pulling long or medium distances across the zone can be quite frustrating.

If you see people zoning into open world plane of fear they are probably just yoloing it since it’s usually fairly despawned. In fear your main “camps” are directly west of the zone in on the wall, the very northwest corner, and the middle of the south wall. Notice the trend here of staying on the walls. Even when fear is pretty clear there are certain mobs / areas that people won’t bother pulling because the mobs dispel or are pains in the asses and don’t drop much of anything. It’s very easy to gently caress up and chain aggro a handful of these mobs and ruin your evening. Bards have a little more leeway here with Selos but you run the chance of a stun or dispel killing you still.

There is also the distinct possibility of dracolliche , ct, and the golems being up. This server is a lot more casual than past servers about keeping OW raid targets dead on spawn. If fright, dread, Draco, or ct is up you just need to be aware of their locations and stay tf away.

Fear and hate are totally opposite zones almost. Hate is a near zero risk roam fest and fear can instafuck you if you don’t know where you are at any given time. Doing a DZ of hate is totally possible with my group of 3 I had last night. You’ll pull like 10 of any given high end gem and tons of plat from a Dz. I would never even consider zoning into full pop Dz fear with only 3 and certainly never without a monk and bard.

For exp at your level solb royals will be awful. It’s pretty much bugs and bats / efreeti exp mobs (nobody pulls these but great exp), permafrost bear pit ( great exp, nobody will EVER be there doing pickup stuff ), the hole, OOT gobs, or hamlord for the slow slow slowest option. I won’t even recommend kedge cause kedge is kedge.

rally fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 4, 2022

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
dude nice, we really appreciate these nuggets of knowledge because it means we don't have to learn the hard way. Hate seems to be like the go to than for us first since it seems like its trying to murder you less actively.

I just google'd and saw that both Bard and Ench stuff drops from Hate so that makes our lives easier thank god!

I'll ping you on discord to coordinate this week after the 4ths festivities today.

I have a lot of googling and reading to do. If anyone has any helpful links or wants to write words about bards (or enchanters!) in PoH that would be super cool too :) I gotta find some How To Pull In Hate guides since it seems like if there's not a monk its gunna be meeeeeee

I did manage to keep a very nice exp train moving with single and double pulls for about 6 or so continuous hours last night. I did however wipe us once after a med break and a whole room re-pop'd :( but was pretty solid after that. I'm slowly learning

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

rally posted:

I won’t even recommend kedge cause kedge is kedge.

My former GM from Aradune wants to do a non-trad kedge group with two charmers.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Waroduce posted:

I have a lot of googling and reading to do. If anyone has any helpful links or wants to write words about bards (or enchanters!) in PoH that would be super cool too :) I gotta find some How To Pull In Hate guides since it seems like if there's not a monk its gunna be meeeeeee

The enc and bard gear dropping mobs are both highly magic resistant. Charm an abhorrent if it’s a dz or you find one up OW (backstab damage).

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

DisgracelandUSA posted:

My former GM from Aradune wants to do a non-trad kedge group with two charmers.

That tainted seahorse fucks but I just can’t gently caress around with the under water zones. Maybe if I’m able to park in one spot and someone else is willing to pull but in general nah. 90% of stuff I end up getting into my pet is tanking and I’m healing / CC / pulls. I think I did 30-50 in no melee groups lol. Those deep water inks are gonna be calling though.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what the heck is hamlord

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
As somebody who only plays games that are 20 years old or older but hasn't really played EQ, would the TLP servers be the best way to experience the content even without any nostalgia attached? I'm basically just looking for a grindy mmo to chill out with in the evenings and chit-chat with chill folks.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

blatman posted:

what the heck is hamlord

It’s just north of ASSUP (in the) SEXCAVE.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

rally posted:

It’s just north of ASSUP (in the) SEXCAVE.

i have missed so much by not touching tlp servers holy dang

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

blatman posted:

i have missed so much by not touching tlp servers holy dang

That last one might not really be what anyone but me calls it.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

blatman posted:

what the heck is hamlord

Hand, ARCH MAGE, FROGGY LORD

Look at me, knowing things.

rally posted:

That last one might not really be what anyone but me calls it.

I like it if for some God forsaken reason I get back to lguk I'll use it

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

blatman posted:

what the heck is hamlord

Turn off your monitor.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

hotdog feet posted:

As somebody who only plays games that are 20 years old or older but hasn't really played EQ, would the TLP servers be the best way to experience the content even without any nostalgia attached? I'm basically just looking for a grindy mmo to chill out with in the evenings and chit-chat with chill folks.

Yes 1000000%

You have double exp till the 8th to take advantage of. Roll something and get to the teens.

If you've NOT got nostalgia and varying degrees of traumatic repressed memories to guide you on your EQ path might a recommend playing a Druid as your first character. The utility will allow you to slot into groups easily, port around and sow are huge QoL. Plus invisi and pretty good general mobility

I've found getting to camps at higher levels to ne difficult and often just train and get close. Die and get rez seems to be working easiest lol. 🙃

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Waroduce posted:

Yes 1000000%

You have double exp till the 8th to take advantage of. Roll something and get to the teens.

If you've NOT got nostalgia and varying degrees of traumatic repressed memories to guide you on your EQ path might a recommend playing a Druid as your first character. The utility will allow you to slot into groups easily, port around and sow are huge QoL. Plus invisi and pretty good general mobility

I've found getting to camps at higher levels to ne difficult and often just train and get close. Die and get rez seems to be working easiest lol. 🙃

I prefer to play support roles so you've sold me on druid. Thanks for the info :toot:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I am big Everquest idiot who will pay foward all the kindness here but if any of you nerds play Destiny 2 I am like a Very Serious (TM) raider and can sherpa all of the dungeons and raids should any of you have a desire to see them. I enjoy giving tours of that content.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Idk if this is lucky or what but I took the 100pp I made in Unrest today and found a MoSS for 95pp! I am quite pleased. Much upgrade from the Kobold sword or whatever it was from Gloomingdeep.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

I'm idling in chat channel lljk if anyone wants a central goon chat repository on Yelinak.

I think if you want to join from another server, you'd do /join Yelinak.lljk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I'm idling in chat channel lljk if anyone wants a central goon chat repository on Yelinak.

I think if you want to join from another server, you'd do /join Yelinak.lljk

This is great! Ill be on evenning est