Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Because they wanted basically double the price of the "free" corvette for their stupid color sample jpg.

The fine print was hilarious. Yes, we will only make one car in this color that you "own" the NFT too....unless we decide otherwise in which case go gently caress yourself.

Even as a 1 of 1 corvette it was about 100k in actual dollars too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I love when Bitcoin gains in price and all the Coiner sites like Coindesk say "it recovered" every time. Whenever the price goes up, no matter how much, it's always recovered.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 4, 2022

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Unperson_47 posted:

I love when Bitcoin gains in price and all the Coiner sites like Coindesk say "it recovered" every time. Whenever the price goes up, no matter how much, it's always recovered.
It's like when I'm having a bad fever, but for like 10 minutes I suddenly feel okay enough to go pee and try to eat something before I get dizzy and collapse back into bed.

Except crypto's fever is terminal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tunicate posted:

had midrjourney do technical analysis of bitcoin

I'm no economist but I think that means Number Go Up

I ran bitcoin through an analytic AI and I got this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdrkG9nzXw

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

On a lark I decided to read thru the start of this thread, and good lord the amount of :smuggo: goons going "you foolish peasants, you know nothing of the true power of the blockchain, don't you wish you were a bitcoin millionaire like me, we'll see who has the last laugh" in the first two or three pages alone is just :discourse:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Arent 4K tvs still not even 50% of the market, hell even the PC gamers still dont have a "high" adoption rate.

Also 8K is bullshit, atleast break the double digits and go 16K or be the truly greatest apecoin and have 999999999999999999.............999999999999999999K.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Polium__/status/1543939765644443651?t=3mlfVYTUmt5VvqRueTQtSA&s=19

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
8k 120fps is easy to do when your game is a neopets clone or a candy crush clone

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/ryan_direct/status/1543672347550441481

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

"We didn't copy a logo but we are gonna change ours" lmao

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
it's clearly a p

for "gamepube"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

lmfao

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
The best part of running a grift is you don't need to worry about copyright laws.

or ANY laws!

CRIME IS AMAZING AND LEGAL!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

They still haven't explained what Web3 gaming is and why you need a dedicated console for it. If it's just playing games that are play to earn or involve NFTs, what makes this better than a normal computer?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Blurring the line between businessman failson and grifter

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They still haven't explained what Web3 gaming is and why you need a dedicated console for it. If it's just playing games that are play to earn or involve NFTs, what makes this better than a normal computer?

Well you see, this Web3 console solves the problem of having many different wallets! a problem that they introduced for no reason

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Every time you save/load your game it has to go through the blockchain, it takes about 10 min to process and there's fees associated. But it's worth it to play a Peggle clone.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

LifeSunDeath posted:

Every time you save/load your game it has to go through the blockchain, it takes about 10 min to process and there's fees associated. But it's worth it to play a Peggle clone.

I can assure you that the "polium_" system will have none of these issues.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

You need a dedicated Web 3.0 console so you can be sure it runs cryptomining software for the people selling it to you. Maybe with a soupcon of identity theft included as well, as a treat.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

PhazonLink posted:

Arent 4K tvs still not even 50% of the market, hell even the PC gamers still dont have a "high" adoption rate.

Also 8K is bullshit, atleast break the double digits and go 16K or be the truly greatest apecoin and have 999999999999999999.............999999999999999999K.
Which is better: a finite amount of K, or an unlimited number of K? Can they print more K as the market sees fit? I guess all I am asking is: which K can take us to the moon, and maybe beyond?

The whole concept of this vaporware is exactly like some boomer uncle being like "I got an idea for one of those nintendoes, but the points are real!"

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They still haven't explained what Web3 gaming is and why you need a dedicated console for it.
"Thank you for your inquiry. At present, we are very busy at our offices and cannot respond to you at this time. Please expect a response within 24-48 hours, business days only."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

how long would it take one OUYA to mine a bitcoin?

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
so, they got domain sniped
http://www.poliumone.com/ :rubby:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

loving LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

LifeSunDeath posted:

how long would it take one OUYA to mine a bitcoin?

Wikipedia says the Ouya has a 1.7Ghz Cortex A9 cpu.

Some random website I found claims to have a benchmark for a Cortex A9 running at 1.3Ghz with a rate of 1.2MH/s.

Another random website with a hashing profitability calculator says you need about 14,000GH/s to earn ~$1 per day not really accounting for power usage.

So if my calculations are correct you would have to run approximately 777,777 Ouyas in parallel to earn $1 worth of bitcoin per day assuming you are not paying for electricity.

Edit: This is not accounting for the GPU actually. I guess it has a Tegra 3 but I haven't found any stats on what kind of hashrate one could get out of it

Squibbles fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 4, 2022

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

PITY BONER posted:

Which is better: a finite amount of K, or an unlimited number of K? Can they print more K as the market sees fit? I guess all I am asking is: which K can take us to the moon, and maybe beyond?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So I read Polium's Whitepaper. Basically, here's their "innovations":

- Web3 games (i.e. all the lovely P2E & NFT games, MMOs, and metaverses that have been slapped together or promised) all require you to use different blockchains and are a pain, so this console will have a "mutli-chain" wallet that talks to them all easily. (They're also planning a Chrome extension version of this wallet so you don't even need to buy the console.)
- The controller will have a fingerprint scanner that lets you let into the wallet that you have to scan every time you make a purchase.
- It will be a console instead of an expensive gaming PC, so therefore it will attract mass adoption of console gamers who had no interest in Web3 and crypto. This will happen because Playstation has 100 million users, therefore all consoles will have millions of users.
- It will have its own NFT marketplace where you can trade NFTs in the various games and metaverses.
- They claim they're going to have a custom CPU/GPU provided by Nvidia.
- They're going to have a default metaverse for the console, quote "like how PlayStation built PlayStation Home."

Oh, by the way, the way you buy the console is by purchasing one of their 10,000 NFTs that come with a physical console. Because of course.

They also claim "the metaverse martket" will be worth $1 trillion by 2030 with no other detail. Sure ok buddy

What problems do they anticipate? Well, sometimes gas fees and Solana outages make it so you can't buy things or play games. But they feel confident this will be solved because [reason]. Also Web3 gamers are patient so they won't care. This is the only problem they anticipate.

The whitepaper ends with "We do not want to give you a headache and over-promise with a lot of amazing stuff" and then "We strive to be the pioneer for Web3 like Microsoft was for earlier iterations of the web."

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They still haven't explained what Web3 gaming is and why you need a dedicated console for it.

It's gaming, but with worse graphics and also they get to use your console to mine bitcoin without paying you for it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ymgve posted:

8k 120fps is easy to do when your game is a neopets clone or a candy crush clone

It’s not when no standard supports 8k at 120hz lmao.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
lmao they keep trying to pump it back to 20 but it refuses to stick

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if you leave BTC on the 1 day chart it looks really good

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Have any of these promised NFT kart racing games where you can race your apes or whatever been released yet?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

snorch posted:

Have any of these promised NFT kart racing games where you can race your apes or whatever been released yet?

They should have it if you crash your ape it gets all mangled up and you need to spend slurp juice to restore it to its previous "good looks"

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

So I read Polium's Whitepaper. Basically, here's their "innovations":

- Web3 games (i.e. all the lovely P2E & NFT games, MMOs, and metaverses that have been slapped together or promised) all require you to use different blockchains and are a pain, so this console will have a "mutli-chain" wallet that talks to them all easily. (They're also planning a Chrome extension version of this wallet so you don't even need to buy the console.)
- The controller will have a fingerprint scanner that lets you let into the wallet that you have to scan every time you make a purchase.
- It will be a console instead of an expensive gaming PC, so therefore it will attract mass adoption of console gamers who had no interest in Web3 and crypto. This will happen because Playstation has 100 million users, therefore all consoles will have millions of users.
- It will have its own NFT marketplace where you can trade NFTs in the various games and metaverses.
- They claim they're going to have a custom CPU/GPU provided by Nvidia.
- They're going to have a default metaverse for the console, quote "like how PlayStation built PlayStation Home."

Oh, by the way, the way you buy the console is by purchasing one of their 10,000 NFTs that come with a physical console. Because of course.

They also claim "the metaverse martket" will be worth $1 trillion by 2030 with no other detail. Sure ok buddy

What problems do they anticipate? Well, sometimes gas fees and Solana outages make it so you can't buy things or play games. But they feel confident this will be solved because [reason]. Also Web3 gamers are patient so they won't care. This is the only problem they anticipate.

The whitepaper ends with "We do not want to give you a headache and over-promise with a lot of amazing stuff" and then "We strive to be the pioneer for Web3 like Microsoft was for earlier iterations of the web."

I know this is a relatively small point on a long list of dumb(er) things, but Microsoft was famously late to the Internet bandwagon. Bill Gates wrote a book in _late 1995_ about the future of technology... that omitted the Internet. These people are so utterly clueless.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I ran bitcoin through an analytic AI and I got this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdrkG9nzXw

Wow, you loving deliver. I was hoping for a poo poo reference. Close enough.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

priznat posted:

They should have it if you crash your ape it gets all mangled up and you need to spend slurp juice to restore it to its previous "good looks"

Neo, if your ape dies in the game,,,, it dies in real life

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I mean, they're not lying. That's not the Gamecube logo. It's the logo for Poliigon. A website that sells textures for 3d rendering.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Regrettable posted:

I mean, they're not lying. That's not the Gamecube logo. It's the logo for Poliigon. A website that sells textures for 3d rendering.

omg lol

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Hey, this is probably achievable on an inexpensive machine these days.

As long as the games are, like, a single cube rotating slowly in a room with a single light source.

Actually even them I'm still not sure about the raytracing.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Everyone knows theoretical tech specs are what makes games good and fun.

When you couple that with all of the things that game-touching-folks have unilaterally complained about for a decade+, but market those things as features… I don’t see how it could fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

Regrettable posted:

Wait until you see their new logo!