Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Ukranian Nazi vs the Bitcoin Nazi :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

yellowcar posted:

trudeau stepping means PM chrystia freeland which is lol what a nightmare scenario

Methanar is hard for this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
please don't summon them

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Rise and shine, Ms. Freeland. Rise and shine.

Wake up and smell the ashes.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I can't really see Trudeau stepping down as long as he remains prime minister unless for some major scandal. I feel like he is still pretty popular among the politically apathetic unaffected centrist and the libs would lose the celebrity vote while not gaining any unless they replace him with a better celebrity and I can't really think of who that would be? Ain't Freeland.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
they should make me prime minister

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Karach posted:

Rise and shine, Ms. Freeland. Rise and shine.

Wake up and smell the ashes.

:kiss:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

run on sentience posted:

I can't really see Trudeau stepping down as long as he remains prime minister unless for some major scandal. I feel like he is still pretty popular among the politically apathetic unaffected centrist and the libs would lose the celebrity vote while not gaining any unless they replace him with a better celebrity and I can't really think of who that would be? Ain't Freeland.

the question is whether he steps down when he starts polling poorly, or when the liberals lose seats in an election. and if it's the latter, how many seats do they lose and is it enough to give us a pc government.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

yellowcar posted:

trudeau stepping means PM chrystia freeland which is lol what a nightmare scenario

voters faced with a choice between nuclear annihilation under Freeland or seeing Skippy Polievre happy on television

both outcomes are pretty bleak

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

it's ben mulroney's turn

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
mods?!?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Call Your Grandma posted:

it's ben mulroney's turn

you're under arrest

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Call Your Grandma posted:

it's ben mulroney's turn

Doug Ford w/deputy Caroline Mulroney vs Trudeau/Freeland

Michael Ford/Ben Mulroney vs Eleanor Rae/Gurratan Singh in Ontario

e: gently caress, I forgot about Mike Harris Jr.:

quote:

He is the son of former Ontario premier Mike Harris but is not related to Michael Harris, his immediate predecessor as MPP for Kitchener—Conestoga.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

eXXon posted:

Doug Ford w/deputy Caroline Mulroney vs Trudeau/Freeland

Michael Ford/Ben Mulroney vs Eleanor Rae/Gurratan Singh in Ontario

if your post just laid a curse upon this country, i will hunt you down

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

if your post just laid a curse upon this country, i will hunt you down

"laid a curse" as if we didn't just celebrate the anniversary of the national curse three days ago!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really don't think Michael Ford has the stones or even the ambition to be PM. Like Rob Ford, he was someone who just wanted to get high in his basement (though Mikey's drug is snacks instead of crack) but was shoved into politics by his family. If anyone continues the dynasty after Doug is probably one of his dipshit daughters. Likely the antivax one with the cop husband.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Prime Minister Hillary Clinton because I refuse to watch two more years of her running for president

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chamale posted:

Prime Minister Hillary Clinton because I refuse to watch two more years of her running for president

it's her turn, eh :shrug:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Chamale posted:

I doubt she's going to run for president, and as far as I can tell, the only people calling for her to run for president in the media are people who work or write for right-wing media outlets.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol Trudeau isn't stepping down, PP will give him a guaranteed PM job for the next 4 years

wow i cant believe they got a tape of donald trump said "grab em by the pussy" just handing this election to hrc

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lmao brad wall such a piece of slimey poo poo

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/former-sask-premier-brad-wall-gave-strategic-advice-to-key-convoy-organizer-1.5973718

quote:

Former Saskatchewan premier Brad Wall was in contact with a key organizer of the Freedom Convoy anti-mandate protest, providing strategic advice before and after the Ottawa occupation began.

“Your group will likely be provoked by counter protesters and it is so important that they don't take the bait,” Wall said in a text message he sent Saskatchewan truck driver Chris Barber on February 2, according to court records.

“Also it is really important that any of those who are trying to hitch their wagon to this convoy with ulterior motives and off messages - especially racist stuff be openly and roundly condemned by the organizers.”

Wall cited as an example another protest organizer who was later criminally charged, Pat King, who commented in a Facebook video about Anglo Saxon replacement theory.

Barber’s communication with Wall is captured in phone records obtained by Ottawa Police in their investigation of criminal charges against the trucker, who was arrested on February 17.

Barber is currently charged, along with protest organizer Tamara Lich, with intimidation, obstruction of a peace officer and mischief, along with other charges in relation to the three-week occupation. He is currently on bail in Saskatchewan awaiting trial.

Reached by CTV News on Monday, Wall declined to comment on his contact with Barber, saying, “I know him from Swift Current. He’s connected to relatives and I’d like to keep that confidential and private.”

A document described as a draft version of a data analysis of a Universal Forensic Extraction Device scan of Barber’s cell phone was entered into evidence by the Crown in advance of tomorrow’s bail review hearing for Lich, on a new charge that she breached her previous bail conditions.

The data logs include 26 text messages between Wall and Barber, and four phone calls between their numbers totalling over 29 minutes in length.

In one text, Wall suggested that the convoy declare “a victory of sorts” after some provinces began to ease COVID-19 measures.

“I think the convoy is creating some elbow room for provinces to begin to move away from mandates etc.,” he texted on February 2.

Wall also suggested the convoy use money raised through donations to GoFundMe as “the final declaration of success” and donate to veterans groups, the Salvation Army and food banks.

On the same date, he asked Barber, “Is it your sense that it might be time to claim victory and end the occupation?”

He also told Barber that his daughter lives in Ottawa and provided the cellphone number for her boyfriend, who he said was willing to help deliver supplies.

In one exchange, they discuss what Barber believes is unfair coverage of the protest by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

“I don’t watch or follow CBC,” Wall texted. “It’s bad for my health.”

Their communication appeared to end on February 7, a week before the federal government invoked the Emergencies Act to end the protest that gridlocked the city and shut down several key border crossings.

Wall served as premier of Saskatchewan from 2007 to 2018. He is currently listed as a special adviser in the Calgary office of law firm Osler, Hoskin and Harcourt.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

quote:

Also it is really important that any of those who are trying to hitch their wagon to this convoy with ulterior motives and off messages - especially racist stuff be openly and roundly condemned by the organizers.

Interesting that in communication between two supporters of the protest this comes up. True believer I guess? Racism doesn't seem to be an ulterior motive or off message to me at all, but maybe I'm just poisoned by online discourse.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i called the lawfirm out on that but lol if anyone thinks it's gonna get a reaction

(it'll probably get me a legal threat)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

What an incredible grifter. A finger in every pie.

On the one hand, Wall acts as a consultant for provincial governments (e.g. he authored the report for Pallister on MB Hydro megaproject cost overruns, which, not surprisingly, recommends that Hydro be broken up).

On the other hand, he serves as a consultant for a movement which seeks to overthrow the government.

No matter what happens, everything comes up Wall.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Karach posted:

No matter what happens, everything comes up Wall.

no one can stop him :sigh:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

BGrifter posted:

no one can stop him :sigh:

superb username/post combo

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Canadians such weak craven bitches they whine about it being too hot in summer and jack it down to like 12 degrees inside so you can't wear shorts in god drat July

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
12 degrees is well within shorts weather you thin blooded wuss

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Danaru posted:

If you’re a freak maybe

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't have a Michael problem you have a Michael problem!!1

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

know your limit, michael within in

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The reason they put 2 Michael's craft stores is it's the equivalent of the full stock of an actual normal store.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's a trick, that's one single michaels shot from two different angles

it's the michaels at richmond and john in toronto

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the Michaels knower has logged on

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Danaru posted:

:hai:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

eXXon posted:

I don't have a Michael problem you have a Michael problem!!1

This is a hell of a way to confirm that Michael Coren lives in my neighborhood. Ew.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is a hell of a way to confirm that Michael Coren lives in my neighborhood. Ew.

Michael Coren is fine. he writes columns for the Star now going “as an actual theologian you’re hypocritical bigots, Cons”

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

Michael Coren is fine. he writes columns for the Star now going “as an actual theologian you’re hypocritical bigots, Cons” a revolting person who became preoccupied with his Immortal Soul some time ago since he's getting close enough to death

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I only recognize three of them and two are the craft store, I think this means I win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

infernal machines posted:

it's a trick, that's one single michaels shot from two different angles

it's the michaels at richmond and john in toronto

Wrong; it's one single Michaels shot from one angle and cropped twice. HA. I'm recycling my own old joke

Guest2553 posted:

I only recognize three of them and two are the craft store, I think this means I win?

Surely you recognize the two Michaels?