Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

The Walrus posted:

maybe he was just riffin??

Well yeah, he was, but he wasn't as good at it as he thought and that made him salty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Well yeah, he was, but he wasn't as good at it as he thought and that made him salty

I ain't no therapist, but, maybe he should have talked to his friends and family. Then had a MST3k. Just bouncing around ideas here

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I went to the 'party' he held when he shut the SomethingAwful office down. There were maybe 10 people there and the first hour was spent watching him play Far Cry 4 on his brand new Xbox. He bought little Cesar's cheese pizzas to eat then we watched some sorry horror movie that we gave the mst3k treatment. He didn't like it when anyone made a funnier comment than him.

these are the types of anecdotes that keep His memory alive ~*~

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PureEvil6_13 posted:

He tried to immediately one up but it was rarely better. I feel I am pretty good at making smart rear end comments in real life situations because I get in trouble for it enough and I don't feel lowtax kept up very well.

Lowtax sense of humor was stuck in 2002, it was uncanny

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

these are the types of anecdotes that keep His memory alive ~*~

he was boring and unfunny. but because he is dead I cant say anything against him
gently caress you lowtax.eat a dick rear end in a top hat

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That phantasmagoria LP he did with Slowbeef was pretty funny. Way to ruin the legacy of Wallfish you yutz.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Charles Bukowski posted:

That phantasmagoria LP he did with Slowbeef was pretty funny. Way to ruin the legacy of Wallfish you yutz.

he also did an LP with Khad. who was a child molester

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Shmorky

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

LT and Shmorky actually made for a good team for LPs, kind of like a grizzled old man and their apprentice dynamic. Also, when his kid did LPs with him they were way funnier than LT himself. LT on his own was sad and unfunny.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I wonder if epg still tunes in
funny with a good work ethic
also worked for peanuts

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Carlos Lantana posted:

I wonder if epg still tunes in
funny with a good work ethic
also worked for peanuts

the comic or the legume?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he was boring and unfunny. but because he is dead I cant say anything against him
gently caress you lowtax.eat a dick rear end in a top hat

lowtax died taking a terrible person out of the world

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit
Is it in poor taste to tell a dying goon "say hi to Lowtax for me"?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

lowtax died taking a terrible person out of the world

he is a hero much like Adolph Hitler

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

MassiveSky posted:

Is it in poor taste to tell a dying goon "say hi to Lowtax for me"?

Yes
Especially if they are Christian

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It turns out lowtax was being pretty self aware when he made that tweet about what a huge piece of poo poo you gotta be to kill urself when you have a young kids about Anthony Bourdain

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Nooner posted:

It turns out lowtax was being pretty self aware when he made that tweet about what a huge piece of poo poo you gotta be to kill urself when you have a young kids about Anthony Bourdain

Mind blowing.

Karol-Man
May 14, 2022

by Fritz the Horse

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

top or bottom? inquiring minds want to know

… bottom

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

More like butt blowing Jesus gently caress your avatar

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I went to the 'party' he held when he shut the SomethingAwful office down. There were maybe 10 people there and the first hour was spent watching him play Far Cry 4 on his brand new Xbox. He bought little Cesar's cheese pizzas to eat then we watched some sorry horror movie that we gave the mst3k treatment. He didn't like it when anyone made a funnier comment than him.

holy lol that sounds like the saddest loving event

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he also did an LP with Khad. who was a child molester

Khad was a pedo? I remember his lps and I vaguely remember him being a mod for a little while too so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Replace little Caesars with subway on plates

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Oh I forgot, he promised prizes from the sa shop to people that showed up. That prize was a SomethingAwful.com grenade poster. He had thousands of them and told everyone they could take ONE.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lowtax could of basically been the founder of Reddit if he had any buisness sense or was a better person generally, And instead of springboarding the world's largest forum into the world's largest social media platform he managed to turn into a stagnating corpse, who's rotting carcass we now all reside in.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Drone_Fragger posted:

Lowtax could of basically been the founder of Reddit if he had any buisness sense or was a better person generally, And instead of springboarding the world's largest forum into the world's largest social media platform he managed to turn into a stagnating corpse, who's rotting carcass we now all reside in.

we are the maggots in his brainhole, if you will

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Drone_Fragger posted:

making another big social media company would actually have made him a worse person

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Lowtax had to stay terrible for us to keep our forums the way we wanted them. It all makes sense now!

(not)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mods please change my name to brainhole maggot

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I also had lunch with him. I even drank his mangosteen juice.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Is that a euphemism

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

you trying to steal the OP's thunder or what?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Genuinely, what was it like? Did you have to kneel and kiss his goon pinky ring?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

User retention! User retention, Lowtax, you boy! Drained dry. I'm so sorry. Here, if you have a mangosteen, and I have a mangosteen, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now, my straw reaches acroooooooss the room and starts to drink your mangosteen.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

making another big social media company would actually have made him a worse person

:hmmyes:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Bloop posted:

Is that a euphemism

💯

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hasturtium posted:

Genuinely, what was it like? Did you have to kneel and kiss his goon pinky ring?

i'd like to know this too, maybe not the ring bit idk

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

you trying to steal the OP's thunder or what?
This thread is open to anyone who wants to talk about having lunch with lowtax.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Inspired by this post I'm gonna watch "My Dinner With Andre"

I'll report back

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This thread is open to anyone who wants to talk about having lunch with lowtax.

Some of us can only imagine such heady delights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Hasturtium posted:

This was after we had agreed on the sale but before anything was signed. I basically figured that he was the sort of person who would need to meet in person to actually sign anything. My sales "strategy" was "try to make him laugh and make sure not to rub in how hosed he is". We did share some sad laughter at his fate, which is a little more haunting knowing what I know now. It was mid-pandemic so we got delivery barbecue, like brisket and ribs and stuff, which was pretty good and he put on a weird horror movie. He had mangosteen juice to drink and goldbelly cookies for dessert. He really did seem pretty laid up as far as back stuff goes, he stayed in his basement and had his bed down there facing a big projector screen. The rest of the house felt like a museum, a place where a family had once been. It was.... heavy, knowing at least some of what he was in for. He still didn't sign anything and stalled for a few more months. That's the story of my lunch with lowtax.