Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
sigh

SABERinBLUE
Jun 27, 2008

KennyMan666 posted:

So, the exhibition match gets mentioned for the second time here. It'll never actually be explained in what's left of the comic, but I do actually remember what it was about from being in the IRC channel where the comic was being planned back in the day—a televised exhibition match between a young Sabrina and a young Whitney (I don't remember exactly what ages they were, might have been while they were still kids), in which Sabrina whupped Whitney so badly that Whitney openly cried on national TV. So she does not want her current day girlfriend to know about that!

It was actually Red who whupped her on national TV, when she was 11 or something, but yeah. I'll post all that writeup when you've finished the comic in here.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

SABERinBLUE posted:

It was actually Red who whupped her on national TV, when she was 11 or something, but yeah. I'll post all that writeup when you've finished the comic in here.
Oh, huh! Guess I don't remember the #pokepos days as well as I thought. I still have the logs though!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

this one got a pretty good chuckle

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I liked the pilot one a lot.

Re: Lore Olympus, some teens literally squealed with joy when I told them we had the first volume in store

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Yes I also feel this way whenever I leave the house

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I'm sure this is not the best way to show support, but I've always had a soft spot for aggressively pragmatic displays of concern. :3:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Qualia the Purple
Episode 08: 13-21 of 32

Qualia the Purple
Episode 08: 22-32 of 32

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto—Battlefield Kanto Part 4: Silver Standard
Chapter 34: Power Surge

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Apparently Qualia the Purple was originally a light novel, which explains how narration and exposition heavy it is

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey kid, you ever seen Hell was Full?

:smith:

god drat I love that face

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Accurate, to the best of my sea creature knowledge

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dear brain, please stop trying to frame this as a loss edit

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

coolusername posted:

Don't forget there's Junji Ito's Cat Diary: Yon & Mu. It's literally just "a cute comic about the artist adopting a new cat"... drawn by Junji Ito in his horror style while he professes how much he loves his pet cats.

Cats With Menacing Auras

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Squidster posted:

Qualia the Purple
Episode 08: 22-32 of 32

]

Cool, but would you recognize your own voice over the phone tho

Maybe if she had frequently recorded herself and listened back.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

B Squad Leader posted:

Post more Achewood per post, we're still ~300 comics short of Great Outdoor Fight

after uncle culpepper we're real close to Goth Little Nephew and The Mountain and The Motorcycle too.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Lies, Sisters and Wives
Page 32

Lies: 42
Sisters: 0
Wives: 3
Deaths: 0
Police: 7 (+7)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Koburn posted:

Cool, but would you recognize your own voice over the phone tho

I would, but I'd also be unable to have a functional conversation with myself because we'd both be making fun of how much we sound like a dumb nerd

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hempuli posted:

Lies, Sisters and Wives

Page 32

Lies: 42
Sisters: 0
Wives: 3
Deaths: 0
Police: 7 (+7)

I did not remember how fasch those policemen looked.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

cant wait to hear Jim's reasonable explanation for all these misunderstandings

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:aaaaa:

It's like the oncoming drama was just sitting in there brewing the whole time this was on hiatus

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U14

If anyone was wondering about the fight scene, it's this extended sequence with breaks, The way I saw it it started with the robot, then moved to Casey, then it'll move on one final time, we're talking slight pauses for breaks, like Die Hard where you have to see how beat up he is before things continue

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U15

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

problem solved!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean it's pretty logical, you stumble into the Batcave below Wayne Manor, you're gonna conclude that Bruce Wayne has a lot to do with Batman. And then have cause to worry when you see a shitload of weapons in Batman livery. And Everett Ducklair is a pretty uh, weird and unpredictable character in-universe and out. Somewhere between Tony Stark and Professor Farnsworth building sci-fi superweapons essentially as a hobby.

I'm not sure it'd help to learn that the arsenal is in the hands of an unsupervised supercomputer and a billionaire's rageaholic nephew.

Yeah, and as we've seen, any goon in contact with a whistleblower can just walk in and help themselves to the goods. It's a real irresponsible setup, even if you trust the custodians won't use it for ill.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

This was one of my less favorite days of Sunday School

I bet No-No sized Beef up for murder the moment he saw him.

It is so rude to display the foils and spoils

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I really like the Ito cat comics because they're about him very quickly learning to love cats and they're basically like "oh look at these little cuties" but they're drawn with the same beats as his horror comics

plus one of them has a human skull on his back

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Something really important just clicked for me about comic making, but it's so stupid that I didn't get it before, and I wanted to write it down.

https://twitter.com/pearl_boba/status/1544123136714493952

To sum up that thread though, I'm still rushing, but I figured out why, and how to slow things down. I'm not letting people be in the moment. Each scene I've done in this arc, each one could have had another... 3 - 4 panels, or even 1 - 2 pages more of space to talk, explain, investigate. I'm so worried that I'm being too slow that I'm going too fast, it's like.

You can look at Dominic Deagan and Property of Hate, and you can see the extremes of this on both sides. Deagan is too slow, nothing happens, snout's cock is out half the time, and even though there's no dialogue, it's all just fluff, uninteresting scenery that doesn't make sense while every once in a while snout journals. Property of Hate is the exact opposite, it's action action action, never explaining anything, you've just gotta keep up and accept you're going to be a little lost, but even with all their weird visuals, and not explaining anything, they talk and they don't just talk about purely the plot.

Then you take some really good comics, like Qualia the Purple, The lying thorsby comic, cursed princess club, and there's a ton of dialogue, like things happen yeah, but it's really the character moments and beats that make the story. Then take my comic out of 19 pages, 13 of them were fighting of some sort, 6 of them were just connective tissue between the two fights. And it's not like those are small pages, each page of my comic, daily, is between 5 - 12 panels. It's just way too much action without any real explanation for why it's happening. Marie was like that too, it was too scared to breath.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Of course Junji Ito's cat has the loving Scream slasher mask for a back.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean posted:

The Enigma of Amigara Fault first appeared as a short story at the end of Junji Ito's book Gyo. Read right to left

this will probably be finished in around three updates

The Enigma of Amigara Fault Pt 2

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boba Pearl posted:

Steppe Into The Ring E01-U15

I love pretty much everything about this. The poses, the faces, the concept, just absolutely delightful

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I’ve read amigara fault a bunch of times but my entire spine still tenses up at those pages

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All I can think is that you'd need to be pretty well lubed up for that to work.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Fister Roboto posted:

All I can think is that you'd need to be pretty well lubed up for that to work.

Nakagaki introduces himself, strips, and immediately goes into the hole in the space of two pages. The guy's absolutely lubed up

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

thetoughestbean posted:

Nakagaki introduces himself, strips, and immediately goes into the hole in the space of two pages. The guy's absolutely lubed up

his face is disconcerting

also everything else

Takuan
May 6, 2007

One of the bosses in Elden Ring reminds me of the cats from Achewood when they stand up, so I forced my wife to draw this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007