Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My primos just sit as primos and I convert genesis crystals -> primos -> fates as the game directs me to.

The hard part about avoiding pulling is the excitement after a new version hits. Mid patch banners are easier to skip because you haven't really looked at the wish screen in awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

My secret is not converting the primogems, starglitter, or whatever else into wishes until the last possible second. Added bonus: I have an increasingly-large number I can periodically divide by 160 and go "wow, that'll be nice!"

My secret is I don't save, I just pull as they come in. Has worked out just fine for me, other than getting Qiqi'd on the first Kazuha banner. Though it's not like have a stockpile would've stopped that from happening, no way I would've had 2 pities saved up if I had been saving.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So are the 5 stars for novice pull still .6%? I guess I got really lucky here and is Diluc good?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Beginner pull has the same 5* rate as any other banner... allegedly. I feel like I've sure seen a lot of people get 5*s off it though.

Anyways Diluc will carry you very well. While he's not the strongest 5* or pyro character out there anymore he's very easy to play and will probably do quite good damage at low investment at the early stages of the game. You even got his best partner support in the game in that same pull with Xingqiu. They work exceedingly well together. Diluc even has a super cool skin coming out soon!

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 5, 2022

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Holyshoot posted:

So are the 5 stars for novice pull still .6%? I guess I got really lucky here and is Diluc good?

This is a very very good pull from the newbie banner. Diluc specifically is a launch unit and has been powercrept by better ungabunga on-field DPS like Hu Tao, but he's straightforward and will do good work for you until you have a deeper roster. Xingqiu is a off-field DPS support monster who is also from launch, but has not been powercrept because Mihoyo accidentally made most of the 4* launch characters good and has been doing reverse power creep on them since.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

He is also very fun. He has a three part E which is rather unique and looks stylish to boot. Certainly for just getting into the game that's a hell of a start. I also started recently and my 5 stars are Diluc, Keqing, and Yelan, so I have used him a lot, with him and Keqing trading off who I want on the field at the time.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
saving my primos for klee. 🤌

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Just pulling as the banners come is my usual rule but I already have itto, kazuha, klee, and yoimiya. Dropped enough to get kuki, will probably drop a couple 10 pulls to try and get heizou and then wait for the next 5* with plenty of time to save

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Holyshoot posted:

Diluc is possibly the best character for the early game. He's tall, which means he runs fast, and he has really good pyro application, which is rough for new players outside of Amber.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

So I've hit AR45 and was planning to start farming artifacts, but it turns out my team sucks enough (or I suck enough) that I can't beat any of the domains I want to take down. I am assuming that the main issue is that my main DPS (Razor) talents are stuck at lvl 6 due to repeated lovely boss drop luck. Is that sort of the expectation, that I'm now just waiting for the weekly reset in the hope that I can level up to start progressing?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can turn boss materials into other boss materials using solvents as an alchemy bench, if you have any.

You should kill at least 3 bosses a week, preferably the ones that drop talent materials you need. If you haven't been killing them, then, yes, you will need to wait for those bosses to reset to continue progressing. That also means new characters that need new boss materials can't be maxed out right away, regardless of your resin.

You should also be able to handle most domains even with talents at 6 if you have the right team composition. Note that Mondstadt's talent book domain and Mondstadt weapon domain are stupidly hard if you don't have the right team composition.

edit: if you need help, ask in discord https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 5, 2022

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I recommend multiplayer to get your AR45 artifacts. Even if you could potentially muddle through with what you've got, getting carried is much quicker.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I'm calling ya'll out, how obsessed are you?

https://twitter.com/itsssMeiii/status/1538519077094043648

Also check this thing out if you're new/ a low Adventure Rank

Space leviathan is GO

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Got to playing this bad game again since Sumeru is Soon (TM). Now that I ran out of main story content, some thoughts:

- Did some domains get nerfed? Even the Mondstadt talent one seems more tolerable.

- Enkanomiya is just Good

- The Chasm is PG-13 Veins of the Earth and I'm here for it

- *doing Ayato, Yae and Yelan character quests back to back* when did Mihoyo's standard Character Story Beat turn from "overworked woman needing a break" to "chessmaster playing five moves ahead"?

- Itto is right in the edge of charming and annoying and his VA does a whole lot of work pushing him into charming

- Please let Shenhe kill someone already

The artifact grind never gets better but eh, I don't touch Abyss

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Holyshoot posted:

Diluc and Xingqiu are really good synergistic bffs too! Nice lucky pull.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/genshinBLANK/status/1544437761716912130?t=B9B9zap44VZtZG8JZClx7w&s=09

domain-less VV seems loving huge if this ends up true. a few other sets it'll be nice to have in there if you're foddering 5* shim/emblem trash (CW/BS)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

https://twitter.com/genshinBLANK/status/1544437761716912130?t=B9B9zap44VZtZG8JZClx7w&s=09

domain-less VV seems loving huge if this ends up true. a few other sets it'll be nice to have in there if you're foddering 5* shim/emblem trash (CW/BS)
domain-less Crimson Witch is the biggest QoL buff Diluc could get without giving everyone his c6 for free

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

dogsicle posted:

gently caress yes, I've been murdering normal bosses for the past few weeks so I've got a ton of Gladiator fodder to turn into more useless, but on set, 5*s

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Check list, no Husk, Clam, or Emblem

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/661452369388896257/994062074873397308/Nero_morbs.mp4

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

domain-less Crimson Witch is the biggest QoL buff Diluc could get without giving everyone his c6 for free

Seeing this change is making me reconsider getting his skin, if I can get his scrawny rear end geared without that awful domain, I might make him my go to pyro unit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dogsicle posted:

I mean this would be absolutely amazing, I was hoping for a few 1.X sets being added but this is everything pre-1.5!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 6, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Traveller posted:

- Enkanomiya is just Good

I love it down there. I wish there was any reason to touch it once you've cleaned it out. I'd love it if they just put my commissions down there. It doesn't even have ley lines.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Diluc and Xingqiu are really good synergistic bffs too! Nice lucky pull.

Yeah, the gap between Diluc and other Pyro carries (which I guess is literally just Hu Tao and maybe Yoimiya) is the sort of thing that won't even remotely be relevant into the super-late game many, many hours in (and he'd still be perfectly viable).

Diluc + Xingqiu early on would probably tear things up. I'd kinda be curious to see what using good characters/teams early on is like; all I did was use physical attacks with Jean (who had Aquila Favonia) and toss things around with her E.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
pretty sure my whole starter team was claymores. beidou, xinyan, razor, and noelle. good times.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

dogsicle posted:

God I would love this. VV domain takes me 45 seconds but I get nothing but Maiden from it.

This would also spare me from having to do CW ever again.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
This happens 3 days after I finally finished pre-farming a passable full EM set for Kazuha. Sigh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boat Stuck posted:

This happens 3 days after I finally finished pre-farming a passable full EM set for Kazuha. Sigh.

I mean, if we're not getting more chaos and a new delay strikes, you're looking at August 2nd for 3.0 so I'd say it's good that you've got them now.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, the gap between Diluc and other Pyro carries (which I guess is literally just Hu Tao and maybe Yoimiya) is the sort of thing that won't even remotely be relevant into the super-late game many, many hours in (and he'd still be perfectly viable).

I won't stand for this Klee erasure.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sucrose taser just obliterates the VV domain if you have enough elemental mastery. The enemies come in one wave, have no shields, and are all close enough to be sucked into Sucrose's ultimate and the billion shocks handle it from there. I've run through it consistently at 20-25 seconds but even a non maxed out team can still obliterate it quickly. I'm pretty sure it's the fastest single domain unless there's some cheese strat for another I've missed

still need a mastery VV circlet for venti despite all this...

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well once again that world quest Storytelling Method thats locked behind the daily commision I can't get to spawn is the only one I haven't done in Inazuma now that I'm at 93% completion for Enkanomiya. A quest from all the way back in 2.0 that I would have completed already if it wasnt impossibly lovely to unlock.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
As a players who's been around since 1.0, I love the new artifact recycling. I kinda wonder if it'll make coop shittier since the new "optimal" way to play is to farm the domains you need that can't be recycled (ESF), and then recycle them into other things.

I don't feel like the domains themselves are the problem (except Archaic Petra, gently caress that one) as much as just getting a set that isn't useful for anything.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I wished up the Arataki gang!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Rexxed posted:

I wished up the Arataki gang!

I've done about 25 pulls and gotten both the wiener boy and the other wiener boy but no Shinobu yet. Its funny they put both shota boys whose job is to well....job to two of the overbearing female characters in their interactions. Might as well have been Razor for the 3rd 4 star to complete the theme if they weren't looking to introduce Shinobu. I'm pretty sure I have C6 Chongyun and have no real plans to use him but get him every single time hes on a banner first.

Theres a rumor/leak now of an Ayaka and Lisa costume in the data by a reliable leaker Blank but if so thats the first character you can get a costume for thats limited. I figure if its anything its her kendo Gi from that promo video a couple months ago.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kale fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 6, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

can we maybe not refer to young adult men as 'shota' thanks :dogout:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Asimo posted:

Sucrose taser just obliterates the VV domain if you have enough elemental mastery. The enemies come in one wave, have no shields, and are all close enough to be sucked into Sucrose's ultimate and the billion shocks handle it from there. I've run through it consistently at 20-25 seconds but even a non maxed out team can still obliterate it quickly. I'm pretty sure it's the fastest single domain unless there's some cheese strat for another I've missed

still need a mastery VV circlet for venti despite all this...

Yeah VV domain is one of the few domains where the element you are farming for is dominant for the domain itself. Venti or Sucrose absolutely shred it

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Venti or Sucrose absolutely shred it

Kazuha does too! You can pull the whole room if you knock the one potioneer closer to the center at the start

https://i.imgur.com/CnlXGsW.mp4

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I can never get my CC right in that domain and either the agent or the mage isn't pulled in. That might be due to the lag from my ps4 spawing the mobs though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just use Venti :effort:

Anything that isn't in the vortex from the start walks into it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah VV domain is one of the few domains where the element you are farming for is dominant for the domain itself. Venti or Sucrose absolutely shred it

Yeah it takes like 20 seconds to clear it with Venti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I will never be able to kill these 3 stupid mages and at this point I would rather be murdered irl than to hear their mocking laughter again