Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

It looks like Dalle-E-2 has less of an idea of what Frank Zappa, or a sci-fi cover illustration, actually looks like.

But actual lol at both the name and pic of Fapank Z Fankick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The words that these things spit out are some of my favorite. They're kind of like the stuff mad magazine would come up with for parody names. I like Frank Fatank!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
e, I need to retool my prompt.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 4, 2022

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
Here's midjourney attempts at the frank zappa and magician prompts

And here's Hiroshi Nagai doing the skyline of Ancient Rome

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

axolotl farmer posted:

It looks like Dalle-E-2 has less of an idea of what Frank Zappa, or a sci-fi cover illustration, actually looks like.

I added a couple words to get more of that old sci fi magazine feel.

"frank zappa sci-fi pulp paperback cover colorful illustration 1960's"

“frank zappa driving a moon rover on a alien planet sci-fi pulp paperback cover colorful illustration 1960's”

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

axolotl farmer posted:

It's good. They all have that amazing stache which was his signature.

And also, it's a cartoonist sci-fi cover so detail is not important.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Now these are definitely more disturbing. That top left one is especially great.

I've noticed that some of the image generators it treats the words in prompts as weights, so if you put the same word multiple times it'd weigh it more heavily for the final image. Like, if I put "a grinning grinning grinning man" it would generate images of men with grins extending off the sides of their face and/or rising up past their eyeballs, usually with multiple additional rows of teeth. Do DALL-E-2 and Midjourney work the same way?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Pitdragon posted:

Now these are definitely more disturbing. That top left one is especially great.

I've noticed that some of the image generators it treats the words in prompts as weights, so if you put the same word multiple times it'd weigh it more heavily for the final image. Like, if I put "a grinning grinning grinning man" it would generate images of men with grins extending off the sides of their face and/or rising up past their eyeballs, usually with multiple additional rows of teeth. Do DALL-E-2 and Midjourney work the same way?

which ones do the thing you mention? I've noticed it having a mild effect in mini dall-e/craiyon, but more of just weighting in a certain direction and not really the multiplicative effect you're talking about

like if I put in "yoda chewbacca yoda" it would give me some output that was closer to yoda than chewbacca

I tried your grinning example on craiyon and got pretty similar results for "a grinning man" as I did for "a grinning grinning grinning man"

and I tried replicate too

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

TIP posted:

which ones do the thing you mention? I've noticed it having a mild effect in mini dall-e/craiyon, but more of just weighting in a certain direction and not really the multiplicative effect you're talking about

I've been using https://replicate.com/jack000/glid-3-xl for these, with the guidance scale at 17.77 and the seed at -1, as you said the effect isn't really as strong in mini dall-e

Here's "a grinning man"

Okay, screwed up the arms, but the grin isn't too awful.

"A grinning grinning grinning man"

Now we've got extra rows of teeth and the mouth is extra long. Also the eyes are getting a little crazy.

"A grinning grinning grinning grinning grinning grinning man"

Still getting extra rows of teeth and the huge cartoonish mouth, but now it seems to also always try to make the eyes into mouth or teeth like things.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

EVIL Gibson posted:

It's good. They all have that amazing stache which was his signature.

And also, it's a cartoonist sci-fi cover so detail is not important.

They got the mustache, but all of them miss the soul patch.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Could someone with a better model than Dall-e try "Lawyer dog making an opening statement in front of a jury"? It puts together the concepts perfectly but the execution

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Well this technique of shrinking and reuploading to uncrop is pretty drat cool https://www.reddit.com/r/dalle2/comments/vr3wfm/painting_of_a_cinematic_still_of_a_female/

Start with this:

Uncrop to this (took a bunch of tries to get something usable):

Uncrop again:

Start with this:

Uncrop directly to this:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

drat I want the uncrops to keep going and going

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Snowy posted:

drat I want the uncrops to keep going and going

they say if you uncrop enough you see your own death.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

LifeSunDeath posted:

they say if you uncrop enough you see your own death.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fintilgin posted:

Well this technique of shrinking and reuploading to uncrop is pretty drat cool https://www.reddit.com/r/dalle2/comments/vr3wfm/painting_of_a_cinematic_still_of_a_female/

Start with this:

Uncrop to this (took a bunch of tries to get something usable):

Uncrop again:

Start with this:

Uncrop directly to this:

Uncrop likes things to be on fire. Who wants a nice big plate of fire?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Have a big ol' dump of mostly elfgame bullshit:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

ok this is my favorite one yet

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I really just want to see what it thinks album art should be.

For instance: "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" or "The Key of Life"

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
A prompt for dall-e 2:

“Gods in the blue pyramid, in the style of Enki Bilal”

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

down1nit posted:

I really just want to see what it thinks album art should be.

For instance: "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" or "The Key of Life"
Using your prompts:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Popoto posted:

A prompt for dall-e 2:

“Gods in the blue pyramid, in the style of Enki Bilal”

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

lol

https://twitter.com/triplux/status/1542988087495499776?t=uWKHkOBkcWw7pWDctCGUQA&s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

wa27 posted:

Using your prompts:

Bottom right: Holy poo poo the AI knows about Billy Preston!

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

I’m gonna guess it doesn’t know who Enki Bilal is!

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

This one turned out pretty Lewis Carroll-ish:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

has anyone tried "photograph of a hand" or simply "fingers?"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

doctorfrog posted:

has anyone tried "photograph of a hand" or simply "fingers?"

and in case you're wondering, no, removing the question mark does not make it less horrifying

sidenote: they've added inline ads to craiyon and the screenshot button now includes them

I sincerely hope it's just a mistake, because having to crop the screenshots makes that button pointless

TIP fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 8, 2022

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
How good is dall-e 2 with foreign terms or concepts? I imagine it doesn't work if you input entire sentences/prompts in another language, but can it figure out what e.g. carabinieri is in context?

Something like:

"Two carabinieri standing next to their bikes in Tuscany, landscape baroque oil painting" ?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

TIP posted:

and in case you're wondering, no, removing the question mark does not make it less horrifying

sidenote: they've added inline ads to craiyon and the screenshot button now includes them

I sincerely hope it's just a mistake, because having to crop the screenshots makes that button pointless

See, this is what I've been saying. Try lucid dreaming and then really focusing on your fingers, you'll see horrors like this.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

See, this is what I've been saying. Try lucid dreaming and then really focusing on your fingers, you'll see horrors like this.

these AI images really capture the fuckery that goes on in my brain during dreams. the context is there but the specifics are all manner of unreal.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

Deltasquid posted:

How good is dall-e 2 with foreign terms or concepts? I imagine it doesn't work if you input entire sentences/prompts in another language, but can it figure out what e.g. carabinieri is in context?

Something like:

"Two carabinieri standing next to their bikes in Tuscany, landscape baroque oil painting" ?
This is midjourney doing the prompt:

There's no lack of images online with carabinieri though, so it wasn't too complicated. I tried feeding it a similar prompt in Latvian and it just spat out random Latvian-themed images. Substituting carabinieri with Latvian words worked if they were common ones. This was "Two meitenes standing next to their bikes in Tuscany, landscape baroque oil painting" ("meitenes"="girls"):

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

LifeSunDeath posted:

these AI images really capture the fuckery that goes on in my brain during dreams. the context is there but the specifics are all manner of unreal.

I do think it's pretty interesting that the image AIs seem to be fairly accurately replicating portions of how our brains process imagery

the first big AI image thing I remember was deep dream, which managed to capture something about the visual experience of psychedelics that no previous art had managed

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
it deffo did multiple symbolic things stacked up on other images in a psychedilic frenzy well enough,

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TIP posted:

the first big AI image thing I remember was deep dream, which managed to capture something about the visual experience of psychedelics that no previous art had managed

Now I’m looking forward to the next version of something like this

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Snowy posted:

Now I’m looking forward to the next version of something like this

I think the current image AIs are based on the same properties, they look for recognizable patterns in noise and enhance them until they look like something

they're just much better at figuring out what makes sense in context instead of turning every image into a kaleidoscope of dogs

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I think the drug dogs were made by fiddling with «neurons» in the model directly, to reveal what a neuron «sees»

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TIP posted:

I think the current image AIs are based on the same properties, they look for recognizable patterns in noise and enhance them until they look like something

they're just much better at figuring out what makes sense in context instead of turning every image into a kaleidoscope of dogs

the pixelray site lets you watch it generate. it starts from colorful splotches and transforms over time to an image, it's bonkers.
"San Jose Shark forcing a nerd to eat eggs"

https://replicate.com/pixray/text2image