Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
pineapple does tend to make pizza extra moist yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Pineapple and sausage. It sounds like it wouldn't work but trust me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I can tolerate people not liking pineapple on pizza but any pizza without jalapenos is trash

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I tried looking for the pineapple jalapeño Stranger Things pizza at Target on Friday but no luck.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i thought cali krew were fine, it was just a bunch of setpieces (gunfight, mormon house, pizza freezer) terminated by a note perfect timing on their arrival at Nina.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Pineapple on pizza is good when it’s fresh but it makes for bad leftovers because the juice seeps into the cheese. Thank you Stranger Things for bringing goons a Food Derail, the lifeblood of the forums.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Pineapple+bacon+jalepeno is the absolute truth.

sebmojo posted:

i thought cali krew were fine, it was just a bunch of setpieces (gunfight, mormon house, pizza freezer) terminated by a note perfect timing on their arrival at Nina.

Yeah I don't really get the hate for that side of the story - quite a bit of plot relevant poo poo goes down throughout it.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Pineapple with pork makes for a delicious pizza. Anchovies integrated into sauce makes for an amazing pizza.

Honestly, they should've done the time skip going into this season. Wouldn't have changed much if the kids were outcast juniors as opposed to freshmen. The Russian plot wouldn't have changed much either. Only thing would've been fleshing out the long distance between the Byers/Eleven and Hawkins, but even then you could've handwaved over them visiting over summer breaks and gradually feeling more distant or something for more tension.

A timeskip with a giant gaping fracture in the town doesn't seem to make much logistical sense, but i guess we'll see what they cook up. Presumably it'll be based on however long Vecna takes to recover and attack.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Feeling sad for all the people not putting pineapple on their BBQ chicken pizzas.

Also, this season loving slapped.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sweet and savory is a wonderful flavor profile and if you don't like it on this one food, odds are good you love it somewhere else, and nobody's going to force you to eat it, so why be upset about it?

Let people enjoy things.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Try red peppers in place of pineapple, or hot honey.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

Pineapple with pork makes for a delicious pizza. Anchovies integrated into sauce makes for an amazing pizza.

Honestly, they should've done the time skip going into this season. Wouldn't have changed much if the kids were outcast juniors as opposed to freshmen. The Russian plot wouldn't have changed much either. Only thing would've been fleshing out the long distance between the Byers/Eleven and Hawkins, but even then you could've handwaved over them visiting over summer breaks and gradually feeling more distant or something for more tension.

A timeskip with a giant gaping fracture in the town doesn't seem to make much logistical sense, but i guess we'll see what they cook up. Presumably it'll be based on however long Vecna takes to recover and attack.

I starting to have a feeling what's going to happen is that the first episode or two will pick up immediately where this season ended and then the time skip will happen.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

MokBa posted:

Pineapple on pizza is good when it’s fresh but it makes for bad leftovers because the juice seeps into the cheese. Thank you Stranger Things for bringing goons a Food Derail, the lifeblood of the forums.

Pineapple on pizza gets a bad rap because of exactly what you describe -- most places have a bunch of pineapple bits in juice and they throw them on and the juice runs all over while it cooks and ruins the cheese.

What you've gotta do, as I discovered working at Domino's in college, is squeeze as much of the juice as possible out beforehand, so you're roasting the mostly-dry pineapple bits. It's really good with a salty meat like bacon or pepperoni. (Ham too, but not if it's those tasteless textureless squares most cheap joints have.)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

runaway dog posted:

I feel like the "pineapple as a pizza topping bad" thing is in the same department as all the people triggered by the word "moist"

No, one is flavors. The other is words.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

They might struggle to build tension next season when 11 can just resurrect people now.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean Max's body is still completely trashed and if 1 kills you he eats your mind so.....I guess she'd be great if someone gets poisoned? Maybe?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
This is a question that has nagged me since Season 1 (especially since the Duffers leaned hard into DnD logic): if is a negative/shadow dimension under this Prime Material plane, should there not also be a plane over it that is positive, or at least not hostile? It always bugs me when a setting establishes a 'hell' or hell analogue, but never takes a moment to consider other 'higher' planes. I'm not saying the setting needs a god or a heaven...just some symmetry.

I dunno. The ST Demogorgan is basically displacer beast. There should also be blink dogs in ST, too.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ratios and Tendency posted:

They might struggle to build tension next season when 11 can just resurrect people now.

So your saying you don't want 11 to become a necromancer? like, The hell?

Khanstant posted:

I can tolerate people not liking pineapple on pizza but any pizza without jalapenos is trash

:hmmyes:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
El's new power in S5 will be to put pineapple on EVERY pizza for all eternity.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

ApeHawk posted:

El's new power in S5 will be to put pineapple on EVERY pizza for all eternity.

My theory was right...she is the Mad Demiurge!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Argyle and the Russian Guard get an apartment together in a spinoff situation.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

This is a question that has nagged me since Season 1 (especially since the Duffers leaned hard into DnD logic): if is a negative/shadow dimension under this Prime Material plane, should there not also be a plane over it that is positive, or at least not hostile? It always bugs me when a setting establishes a 'hell' or hell analogue, but never takes a moment to consider other 'higher' planes. I'm not saying the setting needs a god or a heaven...just some symmetry.

I dunno. The ST Demogorgan is basically displacer beast. There should also be blink dogs in ST, too.

There is that pet demodog Dustin has in season 2, I think that's the closest we'll get that if something is distant enough from the overall hivemind when it's young it can kind of be on its own.

But what we learn about the upside down here is how One finds this like existing presence that he gives direction to and stuff. It wouldn't be totally out of place for our heroes to try to find a dimension that isn't as lovely to us as the upside down.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
The kids save the town by reading enough books to get their own personal-sized pizzas.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Buttchocks posted:

The kids save the town by reading enough books to get their own personal-sized pizzas.

Books and Pizza, aww I like happy endings. :)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Buttchocks posted:

dr_rat posted:

Books and Pizza, aww I like happy endings. :)

Joyce sells encyclopedias to the entire town so everyone can read enough to get pizza and the combined goodness of an entire town enjoying pizza simultaneously obliterates the upside down from existence.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

bobjr posted:

Ok I would actually watch this if only for the sheer hilarity of both trying to hide that they know more than they should from each other as things go more and more to poo poo

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Neo Rasa posted:

There is that pet demodog Dustin has in season 2, I think that's the closest we'll get that if something is distant enough from the overall hivemind when it's young it can kind of be on its own.

But what we learn about the upside down here is how One finds this like existing presence that he gives direction to and stuff. It wouldn't be totally out of place for our heroes to try to find a dimension that isn't as lovely to us as the upside down.

This is me being sappy as gently caress, but I wouldn't be mad if Eddie's grand act of self sacrifice and passing in the Upside Down somehow got the attention of the Elemental Plane of Positivity or whatever

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Dr. Clockwork posted:

If they're doing a time jump I can't imagine anything making sense other than hell on earth/post apocalyptic stuff. If there is no time jump they can pick up right at the end of Season 4 and show it unfolding, but anything else wouldn't make sense because the stakes are higher than ever and there's no way at this point we can go back to "only the kids know what's going on and solve a mystery".

Not necessarily. Vecna is hosed up and presumably in stasis/healing at the moment, so it could very much be an It situation where there's a time jump that takes them into adult age. What they do with Hawkins is another question -- shut it all down as a superfund-ish site?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just dawned on me the Russian guard was Jaqen H’ghar from GoT. No wonder he was instantly amazing.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Just dawned on me the Russian guard was Jaqen H’ghar from GoT. No wonder he was instantly amazing.

And Vickie is the lead from Anne with an E, a Netflix/CBC show I am probably the only person in this forums to watch (she’s great in it).

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Khanstant posted:

This is the worst opinion i've ever read

please sir/ma'am go find some normal good pizza not whatever tomato on cardboard people have been serving you

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Man I really feel bad for Max's mother.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

bobjr posted:

Argyle and Murray tripping shrooms

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Regularly had ham and pineapple pizza's most of my childhood, growing up and finding out it makes people really mad for some reason is a odd.

I get that not everyone likes the same things but jfc calm down, this is my pizza and I wasn't going to share it with you anyway so STFU about not liking the toppings I picked

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oracle posted:

And Vickie is the lead from Anne with an E, a Netflix/CBC show I am probably the only person in this forums to watch (she’s great in it).

poo poo, no wonder she looked so familiar.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

This is me being sappy as gently caress, but I wouldn't be mad if Eddie's grand act of self sacrifice and passing in the Upside Down somehow got the attention of the Elemental Plane of Positivity or whatever

The Elemental Plane of Rock n Roll. Eddie comes back to the material plane on a beam of heavenly light, just thrashing on a guitar so hard it blows away a bunch of demodogs or something

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else get the impression that they are setting up Will to be a real focal point in the last season? My guess is that all the turmoil he displayed this season is setting him up to have a potential dark turn culminating in a big showdown where he has to choose good vs. evil and he'll pick good after Steve or Jonathan sacrifice themselves for him.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

CainFortea posted:

The Elemental Plane of Rock n Roll. Eddie comes back to the material plane on a beam of heavenly light, just thrashing on a guitar so hard it blows away a bunch of demodogs or something

Just unironically have devote an entire episode to that character coming back playing this entire album as a bunch of upside down poo poo just melts away to nothing

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Anyone else get the impression that they are setting up Will to be a real focal point in the last season? My guess is that all the turmoil he displayed this season is setting him up to have a potential dark turn culminating in a big showdown where he has to choose good vs. evil and he'll pick good after Steve or Jonathan sacrifice themselves for him.

Said the same thing to a friend today, so yeah.

I think the shot of him, El, and Mike that's set up the same way as 001 and his family is a clue.

Both 001 and Will are neglected. Both are outsiders in their respective ways. Will is gay and 001 was queer coded, I think. Will was infected by the Mindflayer, and previously stuck in the upside down like 001.

I think that takes them a little too close to "being gay makes you a monster" territory but that's kind of reflective of the way gay people were treated at the time.

It's kind of a stretch but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Could be talking out of my rear end a bit but one minor cool detail I noticed watching the show is that it seems like the choice of synthesizers used for the music is changing in a "period accurate" way as the show moves from the early to late 80s. This season had some tracks with a big early digital MIDI kind of synth sound while the season 1-2 soundtracks were only analog sounding. It's the same difference in instruments you can hear if for example you take one of their big inspirations Tangerine Dream and listen to their early 80s vs. late 80s albums.